Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? (1317 Views)

See What My Ex's Boyfriend Texted Me. What Does It Mean? (screenshots) / Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice / [SEE Pic]>>what Will Ur Parents Say?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by miniziter(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
Am just tired and don't even know how to handle this parental issue about my choice of marriage due to tribalism. But what's bordering me is that can God also say NO just because they're also saying NO.
Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by olu77(m): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
No. Many parents are just selfish and some others are over protective in the end they lead their children astray

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
NO...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by phabuloz(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
Remember what is bound on earth is bound in heaven,but for me I think it aint right for parent to interfere since they aint the ones to be in the marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by mrwonlasewonie: 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
Not necessarily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by naijaboiy: 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sometimes parents are wrong in their decisions too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by ROYALTIPPERS: 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
NAIRALANDERS PLEASE BEWARE OF EILENTRUST (A DATA SELLER), HIS NOW SHOWING HIS TRUE COLOR; A FRAUD. TRANSFERRED MONEY TO HIS ZENITH BANK ACCOUNT FOR MORE THAN 3 DAYS NOW.
HE HAS REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRANSFER, AND NO LONGER PICKING HIS CALLS.

BEWARE OF THIS FRAUD. HE DECEIVES PEOPLE BY INITIALLY WINNING THEIR TRUST, THEN START DEFRAUDING NAIRALANDERS.

BEWARE.
Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by BreezyRita(f): 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2015

No. Sometimes, parents tend to be selfish in their decisions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by okotv(m): 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
Well am glad my parents have no say in my marital choice. One less thing to worry about.

Never @ poster.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by tmosco(m): 7:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
Advice from a parent is usually good. There are somethings that a parent sees that u cannot [depends on ur parents] as an adult u can as why dey don't like ur intended. There will come a time in which u will quarrel in d marriage and unconsciously u will tell ur spouse that ur parent were right about them. Like I said it depends on the type of parents.

1 Like

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by tpiander: 8:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
i for comment, but its only a matter of time before the op starts raining invectives on women from here or there.
Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by coogar: 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
tpiander:
i for comment, but its only a matter of time before the op starts raining invectives on women from here or there.

tpia, say what's on your mind.
invectives should be water off a duck's back for an oldie like you. grin

miniziter:
Am just tired and don't even know how to handle this parental issue about my choice of marriage due to tribalism. But what's bordering me is that can God also say NO just because they're also saying NO.

when nigerian parents say no, best believe it's directly opposite of what God is saying. don't let anyone manipulate you - if you love the woman in question, go for her.

3 Likes

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by mrwonlasewonie: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
tpiander:
Oya talk I dey your back jigbi jigbi grin

1 Like

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by mrwonlasewonie: 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
coogar:

tpia, say what's on your mind.
invectives should be water off a duck's back for an oldie like you. grin

when nigerian parents say no, best believe it's directly opposite of what God is saying. don't let anyone manipulate you - if you love the woman in question, go for her.
seconded
Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by miniziter(m): 8:24am On Jun 17, 2015
TPiander please comment
Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by Gloriagee(f): 10:07am On Jun 17, 2015
I guess it all depends on the calibre of parents involved and the quality of their decision making.

My parents have one of the most beautiful marriages n complement each other and happen to live wat they teach. I'd be a fool not to listen to their opinion.

On the other hand, if they are violent, tribalistic and just like dishing opinions for the sake of hearing their voice, I'd listen to them n make my informed decision.

At the end, it's ur life, ur choice n u bear the brunt of ur decisions.

2 Likes

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by Jennifer89(f): 10:18am On Jun 17, 2015
despite the fact that ur patents say no doesn't mean that God is saying same . most parents r tribalistic. inasmuch as we want to obey them we should ruin ourselves. I am Igbo and married to an Ijaw man. i am very happy in ma marriage.
Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2015
Gloriagee:
I guess it all depends on the calibre of parents involved and the quality of their decision making.

My parents have one of the most beautiful marriages n complement each other and happen to live wat they teach. I'd be a fool not to listen to their opinion.

On the other hand, if they are violent, tribalistic and just like dishing opinions for the sake of hearing their voice, I'd listen to them n make my informed decision.

At the end, it's ur life, ur choice n u bear the brunt of ur decisions.

U've said it all! Before you take advice, look at the quality of life of the person dishing it out

1 Like

Re: When Parents Say No To Marriage Choice, Does It Mean God Is Saying Same? by tpiander: 8:23am On Jun 20, 2015
lolaredvelvet:

U've said it all! Before you take advice, look at the quality of life of the person dishing it out

wrong.

the person may know more than you about the step you want to take, that's all.

if you listen only to someone whose life is "polished to your liking", you will miss road.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Checkout The Marriage Requirements Given 2 Man Who Wants 2 Marry Ikwere Lady(pix / gl / Advice On An Alleged Illegitimate Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.