Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin (531 Views)

Four Underage Girls, Others Nabbed During Cult Initiation In Ogun State. Photos / Undergraduate Initiates Schoolgirls Into Cultism In Ondo / Pastor, Others Nabbed Over ATM Scam, Burglar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin by ijustdey: 7:36am On Jun 13, 2015
A self-acclaimed pastor, Greatman Ita, and four others persons have been arrested by operatives of Edo Police Command, for the murder of a welder identified as Abu Iboje.
The other suspects arrested are Sylvester Ikhifa, Lazarus Anthony, Obiosa Noble and Okeh Godstime.

Police source has it that Abu was killed sometime in the month of April at his workshop located at Upper Sokponba road in Ikpoba-Okha local government, within Benin metropolis.
The ‘Pastor’ however denied having a hand in the killing of the late welder, adding that, he was arrested at his own shop after being identified to the police by one of the suspect.
One of the suspects, 21-year-old Lazarus Anthony, however admitted leading the others who he said were members of his cult group to kill Abu, because he had killed a member of his cult group a day before he was killed, adding that Pastor Ita was the driver of the vehicle they used to commit to the murder.
He said, “I am a cultist and belong to . Abu and his squad killed Kelvin at Upper Sokponba. The next day, I led my squad to kill Abu at his workshop. I used locally made gun. It was Edoba that asked us to do the killing, This is the first person I have killed. After killing him, I became confused and did not know what came over me.
“I am pleading for Federal Government to forgive me. I want to renounce my cult membership. We are many that are cultist in that street.”
P.M. NEWS recalls that over 40 persons were killed in a renewed cult war in the last few weeks, before the Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, ordered a clampdown on cultists in the state.
Since the IGP’s order, over 200 persons including four aides of Governor Adams Oshiomhole, have been arrested and remanded in prison custody for their involvement in cult-related killings.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/12/pastor-4-others-nabbed-for-murder-cultism-in-benin/
Re: Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin by papoose999(m): 7:39am On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin by Rounakid(m): 7:45am On Jun 13, 2015
Then hang them by their balls... Nonsense..!!!
Re: Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin by 3ace(m): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2015
Useless man, tarnishing the image of genuine pastors. God will judge you.
Re: Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 13, 2015
“I am [s]pleading for Federal Government to forgive me.[/s] I want to renounce my cult membership.

smh vehemently
Re: Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 13, 2015
God punish all those Yeye fake pastors
Re: Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin by Realtol(m): 8:00am On Jun 13, 2015
Don't blame the devil. I still don't get why people go into cultism.
Re: Pastor, 4 Others Nabbed For Murder, Cultism In Benin by Islie: 9:20am On Jun 13, 2015
Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Kill Mechanical Engineer At Checkpoint (photo) / Keeper Jailed For Stealing Boss’ Property / Suspected Okada Snatchers Set Ablaze In Mararaba, Abuja (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.