Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities (35762 Views)

Overcoming Export Business Challenges In The Agro-allied Sector / Agro-allied Processing Machinery. / Governor Obiano's Agro Revolution In Anambra State -pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by dannycom(m): 7:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
this is eye opener 4 any one dat is ready to make money in d agric world
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by MacluvPH(m): 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
Please,if you need Broilers for occassion around Nnewi/Ozubulu in Anambra state contact me via my signature.
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by nbolaji(m): 7:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Brainwox:
Truely, agriculture is the way to go, but we are not getting it right in Nigeria. There's no way we can continue practising agriculture using crude methods and expect good results. Crop production for instance has been easier with latest technologies all around. Government, come to the aid of the youths, we're ready to go into farming, but we want to do it like our fellow coleagues do it in kenya and come out with good results every time.
@Brainwox could you help me with a website link or any where i can get updated farming practise in kenya or other country. thanks
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by bamdexfarms(m): 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
All what the op said here is 100 percent true. For proof, click on my thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2108204/oven-dried-catfish-sale-fully
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by dotunson(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hollawaley:
Best Low Cost Small Business ideas in Agriculture In Nigeria
==> Cultivation of food and cash crops
==> Flowers, medicinal herbs and gardening
==> Production and formulation of livestock feeds
==> Establish a small poultry farm
==> Fingerling production
==> Cultivation of mushroom
==> Production and sales of frozen chicken
==> Rabbit production
==> Marketing of fresh fruits
==> Retailing of food stuff
==> Fish farming
==> Grass cutter rearing
==> Reselling Charcoal
==> Snailery
==> Source for agro-raw materials for urban manufacturing companies
==> Assisting rural farmer in food stuff export to neighboring countries
==> Start connecting rural farmers with exporters using the internet
==> Producing coconut and fruit juice
==> Production of Weed Killer
==> Keeping bee for honey production
==> Toasted plantain (Boli)
==> Plantain Chips Production
==> Producing custard
==> Design of Poultry Pen
==> Sales of Mobile fish ponds
==> Manufacture of local drinks
==> Produce baskets, brooms, cane chairs, ropes etc from palm and raffia
==> Agricultural product Export and distribution
==> Sales and maintenance of farm equipment

feel free to add yours cc;lalasticlala

source;http://healfarm..com/2015/06/d.html

What's up? Is like you know a lotabout these stuffs. Plz can we talk am think of going into farming
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by dotunson(m): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hollawaley:
==> Rabbit production
==> Fish farming
==> Grass cutter rearing
==> Reselling Charcoal
==> Snailery
==> Producing custard

Please send me a mail on oluwasheffy@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by Adesiji77: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hollawaley:
==> Rabbit production
==> Fish farming
==> Grass cutter rearing
==> Reselling Charcoal
==> Snailery
==> Producing custard

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by Adesiji77: 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
Adaobi12:
Nice ideas, but fish farming requires a huge capital.

How huge? cheesy

I don't think so
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by flofields(f): 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
Andy04:
Hello,I reside in the east,I can supply to interested individuals breadfruit,'ukwa' in igbo ,'afon' in yoruba,in bulk @ a cheaper rate u might even wish to be selling it.I heard that the business is lucrative and selling fast in cities like Lagos and Abj.we can work out on how i will be getting it across to u maybe through 'ware billing' or any other means that would be mutually convinient. send me a pm if u are interested via: voyagerafricana@gmail.com

Beware of 419
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by lifeworth247(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by dekins: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
The opportunities in agriculture are much and very profitable if you know the right aspect to focus on and find a reliable agricultural marketplace to find buyers, sellers, importers or exporters of agricultural products, agricultural machinery and agricultural equipment as well finding or providing agricultural services or agricultural jobs.
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by anonimi: 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
Brainwox:
Truely, agriculture is the way to go, but we are not getting it right in Nigeria. There's no way we can continue practising agriculture using crude methods and expect good results. Crop production for instance has been easier with latest technologies all around. Government, come to the aid of the youths, we're ready to go into farming, but we want to do it like our fellow coleagues do it in kenya and come out with good results every time.

So HOW is the Kenyan government aiding its youths that the Nigerian government is not?
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by Andy04: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
flofields:

Beware of 419
Plz can u tell us why u suspect 419,since i never ask anyone to send money to me first,besides, i stated that arrangement would be made which would be mutually convinent(i.e.,d both parties would be satisfied with it)...I patiently wait for ur response.Thanks

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by Brainwox(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
anonimi:

So HOW is the Kenyan government aiding its youths that the Nigerian government is not?
In many ways beyond ur expectation bro. I have two of their farmers as friend, they are graduates. When they tell me abt new developments in this field, I do pretend as if we do it d same way here, because I would'nt want them to turn naija to laughing stock. They have their own tractor they use for farming, through the aid of the government. They have full irrigation facilities for dry season production. One of them have green house kit. If 2 wheel tractors and their implements are procured for youth farmers, wont it ease their work (land preparation, planting, spraying, fertilizer application etc)? If government cant provide tractors for all naija youth farmers, why not make sure we put d little we have to use efficiently? One thing I've just noticed in naija is that our leaders do hype development in agric sector with mouth, pretend to channel heavy funds into it, but @ d end, nothing 2 show 4 it b/cos d fund has been diverted along d line.

2 Likes

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by 400billionman: 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hollawaley:
==> Rabbit production
==> Fish farming
==> Grass cutter rearing
==> Reselling Charcoal
==> Snailery
==> Producing custard

How do I start crayfish farming ?
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by anonimi: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Brainwox:
In many ways beyond ur expectation bro. I have two of their farmers as friend, they are graduates. When they tell me abt new developments in this field, I do pretend as if we do it d same way here, because I would'nt want them to turn naija to laughing stock. They have their own tractor they use for farming, through the aid of the government. They have full irrigation facilities for dry season production. One of them have green house kit. If government cant provide tractors for all naija youth farmers, why not make sure we put d little we have to use efficiently? One thing I've just noticed in naija is that our leaders do hype development in agric sector with mouth, pretend to channel heavy funds into it, but @ d end, nothing 2 show 4 it b/cos d fund has been diverted along d line.

- Do the Kenyans get these things from their government free

- Is it because Kenyan politicians are saints while their Nigerian equivalent are demons that the agric support to Kenyan farmers is not diverted as much as is done here?

- Or is it because the Kenyan citizens and civil society groups are MORE vigilant continuously than Nigeria's 200 million mumus?

- Are the politicians in each country imported from elsewhere or they were ordinary citizens previously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by taiwoliu(m): 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
This is a very interesting thread.... I am hoping to find someone with knowledge of groundnut production and sale (availability of market).... If u do, pls pm me

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by WealthMeansBlog: 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
Get wealth/business ideas on entreprenuerial startup In Nigeria here http://wealthmeans.com/
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by anonimi: 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2015
taiwoliu:
This is a very interesting thread.... I am hoping to find someone with knowledge of groundnut production and sale (availability of market).... If u do, pls pm me

Open a thread on it and 'bump' it every now & then for attention.
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by supaslim(m): 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Adaobi12:
Nice ideas, but fish farming requires a huge capital.
. Nope! Ure rong! It doesn't require much capital! Just know d basis and start it up wit as low as d amt u av at hand! Am a student of agric ,UNIBEN BBM:21DD8895

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by Brainwox(m): 12:30am On Jun 17, 2015
@ anonimi, I think u've provided answers to some of the questions u asked. All I know is that we can get it right if we are determined. And a piece of advice for all would be farmers, first thing to do is to build a strong passion for farming, be it crop or livestock production. Study ur environment and know what consumers demand most, then launch in to provide the service. The last but not the least, THINK BIG, START SMALL. By starting small, u're learning the ropes of the business @ the same time earning little by little. With time, the business will expand itself. May God bless ur hustle.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by anonimi: 12:35am On Jun 17, 2015
Brainwox:
@ anonimi, I think u've provided answers to some of the questions u asked. All I know is that we can get it right if we are determined.

Thanks for your understanding.

It can also be well with us if we want it to be well with us and are ready to see beyond our nose to make the necessary initial sacrifice for sustainable progress.

Salam!
Shalom!!
Peace!!!
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by digitsolution: 3:33am On Jun 17, 2015
If anybody interested in mushroom farming do get in touch.

Anyways For all your branding and customization projects/jobs we deliver nationwide.

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by taiwoliu(m): 9:26am On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Open a thread on it and 'bump' it every now & then for attention.
aiit..... Tnx for the tip, wl mk use of it.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by oemmanuel: 9:44am On Jun 17, 2015
OP has done a great job creating this thread.

If you are in need of technical help in starting or upgrading a POULTRY PROCESSING PLANT, we can be of help.
Quote me and drop your email or other contact details. I will get back to appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by free37: 9:57am On Jun 17, 2015
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 11:25am On Jun 17, 2015
God bless you cool
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by CaptPlanet(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
Since growing flowers and herbs can generate income, I want to start growing marijuana in my farm.

You can call it a flower, plant or my personal favourite "herb". grin
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by Purnitigulati: 12:28pm On Jun 17, 2015
I agree with you, these are best Low Cost Small Business ideas on Agriculture In Nigeria In which Cultivation of mushroom is being done in about 100 countries. Mushrooms are also called ‘white vegetables’ or ‘boneless vegetarian meat’ that contain ample amounts of proteins, vitamins and fiber. The Agro-climatic conditions in Nigeria are conducive for mushroom cultivation when the temperature is 15-30oC and relative humidity is 70-80%. The production decreases during peak periods of winter. smiley

Here is one more resourceful thread for Mushrooms

http://agriculture.exportersindia.com/mushroom-truffle/mushroom.htm
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by Santi222(m): 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2015
Hollawaley:
==> Rabbit production
==> Fish farming
==> Grass cutter rearing
==> Reselling Charcoal
==> Snailery
==> Producing custard

Lovely ideas.
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by giftiy(m): 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
bigiyaro:
guy! Seriously speakin, na only agric waka come o! Dats why my mom way no go school get 4 graduates for her poltry farm.
so?
Re: Top 30 Practical Agro-allied Business Ideas And Opportunities by Andy04: 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hello,I reside in the east,I can supply to interested individuals breadfruit,'ukwa' in igbo ,'afon' in yoruba,in bulk @ a cheaper rate you might even wish to be selling it.I heard that the business is lucrative and selling fast in cities like Lagos and Abj.we can work out on how I will be getting it across to you maybe through 'ware billing' or any other means that would be mutually convenient. contact me if you are interested via: 08160436794, email:voyagerafricana@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Garri, Semo And Fufu Are Now More Expensive - Farmers' Body / Akwa Ibom Women Go To Farm With Weapon To Protect Selves From Bandits / EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.