Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager (12796 Views)

Thread Closed / Become A Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) At A Discounted Price / Ican November 2015 Induction Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Engineer123(m): 7:52am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:
I wrote the PMP paper based test in Lagos on May 7th 2016 as CBT has been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now, and I passed at first attempt! I'm here to assist those who are also seeking to obtain this global certification.

How I prepared
I spent exactly 5 weeks of study. Developed a study guide/ daily time table and was reading for about 5-6 hrs per day since I wasn't working so I studied full time.

Study Materials I used
I used Rita Mulcahy's book "PMP Exam Prep" which I read over once and revised it once. I watched all the PM prepcast videos by Cornelius Fitchner and listened to all the audio CD's in Andy Crowe's "Conversations on the PMP exam" these three materials were all very very good and I strongly recommend them to anyone preparing to take the exam. I never read the PMBOK guide as it was too boring and difficult to understand so I only used it as a reference guide. The PMBOK guide in itself is inadequate as it only covers about 70% of the curriculum of the PMP exam. You'll need to use additional materials as well.

I took all the tests in Rita's book and scored on average 77.5%. I also took all the assessment tests in the end of all the prepcast videos and scored an average of 79%. There are lots of tips, tricks and secrets for preparing and getting the answers right in the exam which I learnt from the study materials I used.

Before the exam
A week to the exam I felt I hadn't studied enough so I was scared that I might not pass so I tried to postpone / cancel the exam but I found out that it wasn't possible on the PBT . To cancel or postpone a PBT you'd have to do it 35 days prior to the exam. I eventually just decided to take the exam anyway based on what I had studied so far.

The exam day
The invigilators didn't allow us to use the dumpsheet before the exam started unlike on the CBT that you are given 15 mins before the exam to use the dumpsheet. There weren't more than 4 calculation questions and they were quite easy. Overall I felt the exam was very difficult as I only answered about 185 questions out of 200. I had to just guess the remaining 15 questions. I felt my chances of passing were 50:50. I had made up my mind that if I didn't pass, I would just resit the exam 3 months later in August. So I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

The results came out after 10 days by email as it was a PBT. I passed and I'm PMP certified now!!

Are you preparing to take PMP exam in Lagos? Would you like to have the study materials I used? then send me an email a2space2015@gmail.com and request for the materials.

I will also share with you some tips and tricks for passing the exam on the first try.
I will be grateful if u send the material.my email: Nurasurajo@gmail.com. God bless you.
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by semitunde: 7:53am On Jun 16, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

I attended a 1 month lecture few years ago in Surulere and it was when I heard that the prep guide would be changed (I paid over N20k for Rita's Exam prep) that I decided to write the exam. I passed at first attempt. Wrote the compuer-based exam along Oba Akran in Ikeja. This was in 2013. Kindly contact Mr Sam Ubieya on 09 026 8546 23. He was one of my lecturers, my PMP counsellor and he does all the payments etc for me. At the moment, I am renewing my membership (it expires every 3yrs) and he is still doing it for me. Its not 419. He is a christian. Call to even find out answers to your questions.
Good luck friend.

Did mine in 2010, passed first attempt too. Couldnt even afford to do it twice at naija's exchange rate then grin. Did CBT and also used Rita Mulchahi. Didn't use any other book. I think the oba akran test center is the only one in Lagos.

Do you have any idea how much it is now? My wife needs to do it.
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by cornoil(m): 7:57am On Jun 16, 2016
How much does the whole stuff cost you?
mekuryo:
Today marks another level in my career as I was inducted as a certified project manager..#IPMP...oluwa modupe!!!
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by securi: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2016
Congratulations, so you are now a P.I.M.P. Just kidding @ P I M P o.lol
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by uscofield: 8:04am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:
I wrote the PMP paper based test in Lagos on May 7th 2016 as CBT has been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now, and I passed at first attempt! I'm here to assist those who are also seeking to obtain this global certification.

How I prepared
I spent exactly 5 weeks of study. Developed a study guide/ daily time table and was reading for about 5-6 hrs per day since I wasn't working so I studied full time.

Study Materials I used
I used Rita Mulcahy's book "PMP Exam Prep" which I read over once and revised it once. I watched all the PM prepcast videos by Cornelius Fitchner and listened to all the audio CD's in Andy Crowe's "Conversations on the PMP exam" these three materials were all very very good and I strongly recommend them to anyone preparing to take the exam. I never read the PMBOK guide as it was too boring and difficult to understand so I only used it as a reference guide. The PMBOK guide in itself is inadequate as it only covers about 70% of the curriculum of the PMP exam. You'll need to use additional materials as well.

I took all the tests in Rita's book and scored on average 77.5%. I also took all the assessment tests in the end of all the prepcast videos and scored an average of 79%. There are lots of tips, tricks and secrets for preparing and getting the answers right in the exam which I learnt from the study materials I used.

Before the exam
A week to the exam I felt I hadn't studied enough so I was scared that I might not pass so I tried to postpone / cancel the exam but I found out that it wasn't possible on the PBT . To cancel or postpone a PBT you'd have to do it 35 days prior to the exam. I eventually just decided to take the exam anyway based on what I had studied so far.

The exam day
The invigilators didn't allow us to use the dumpsheet before the exam started unlike on the CBT that you are given 15 mins before the exam to use the dumpsheet. There weren't more than 4 calculation questions and they were quite easy. Overall I felt the exam was very difficult as I only answered about 185 questions out of 200. I had to just guess the remaining 15 questions. I felt my chances of passing were 50:50. I had made up my mind that if I didn't pass, I would just resit the exam 3 months later in August. So I hoped for the best but prepared for the worst.

The results came out after 10 days by email as it was a PBT. I passed and I'm PMP certified now!!

Are you preparing to take PMP exam in Lagos? Would you like to have the study materials I used? then send me an email a2space2015@gmail.com and request for the materials.

I will also share with you some tips and tricks for passing the exam on the first try.

What's your last name, I need to confirm your certificate and also recommend for a job.
You can inbox me your full names asap.

1 Like

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by snthesis(m): 8:11am On Jun 16, 2016
PMP I know, which one be IPMP
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Igbospower(m): 8:14am On Jun 16, 2016
would love the material as well @proddey pls this is my email-- fabman4realdeal@yahoo.com
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Dhoneys: 8:16am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:
How I prepared
Study Materials I used
Before the exam
The exam day

My boss kindly forward the materials for PMP exam to me olayemibami@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by oshdot(m): 8:19am On Jun 16, 2016
Bro I would really appreciate if the mentioned materials can be forwarded to samuelsaliu2@gmail.com....thanks man wink
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Trustme2(m): 8:25am On Jun 16, 2016
Pls can you send materials to durotola80@gmail.com. Thanks man
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by photoshoot(m): 8:29am On Jun 16, 2016
aieromon:
Photoshoot Date is June 2015.

Mod una well done oh angry

Why are yoi mention me
What I do?
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by sykesnorex: 8:32am On Jun 16, 2016
Kindly send me the materials @ chiedozieobi4@gmail.com
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by temitope06(m): 8:33am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

Congrats bro, pls can u send materials to temitope0606@gmail.com
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by MT: 8:34am On Jun 16, 2016
Good morning Peeps, I have been reading comment, just want to drop my little piece. I am an experienced PMP credential holder and I have led many enterprise projects. Please know that earning PMP credential is just to demonstrate that you have the working knowledge of PMI-based methodology. It is not a proof that you can successfully lead a project. You need to understand "tailoring" in project management which can never be taught but could be learnt if you work with the best hands in the industry. This will be a good start. Understanding methodologies to complement PMI will be the right direction to head as well.

In summary, PMP credential is good, go for it but it is just the beginning as there are a lot of things to learn in order to be able to lead a project successfully in a practical world. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:37am On Jun 16, 2016
semitunde:

Did mine in 2010, passed first attempt too. Couldnt even afford to do it twice at naija's exchange rate then grin. Did CBT and also used Rita Mulchahi. Didn't use any other book. I think the oba akran test center is the only one in Lagos.

Do you have any idea how much it is now? My wife needs to do it.
There is a test centre on the Island too.
Kindly call Sam Ubieya my lecturer and current PMP counsellor on 09 026 8546 23 please. He still does lectures and makes payments on behalf of his students. I don't know the current cost. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by steveturner24(m): 8:39am On Jun 16, 2016
jackobi:

Greetings Bro's. I would love the materials too. Pls forward to jack0son2@gmail.com.
kindly send to my mail too.... steveturner24@gmail.com
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Ladycloud(f): 8:46am On Jun 16, 2016
Congratulations dear
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by bobman(m): 8:48am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

Pls send to bobmanbobby@yahoo.com
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by saintkeppy(m): 8:50am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

. Boss, i appreciate this piece of insightful info. Where are u based & what do i need to do to lay hands on those study materials? I really need it. I'm also making plans to enroll with The British School of Project Management. Please reply me: saintkeppy@gmail.com
Thanks & God Bless!
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by BobUg28(m): 8:53am On Jun 16, 2016
Congratulations my brother!!! When people say there's a casting down, children of God will always say there's a lifting up. Even in the midst of economic recession, financial crisis... children of God shall always see reason to smile.

May the Lord bless your new ministry and give you the required wisdoms to execute your tasks IJN.
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Omoleus(m): 9:13am On Jun 16, 2016
Congrats bro!!!
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by 1wolex85: 9:25am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

This guy is correct. Wrote mine in 2014, was among the 1st set to write the PBT. I didnt read PMBoK for one day! Rita Mulcahy all the way! I have an 8-5 job so it took a lil bit longer to prepare. Another thing that helped was the exam simulation software i had by Rita Mulcahy as well. I wrote several test exams (note, the questions are not the same onthe exam, just of the same standard). I also did a 4 day training with JK Michaels, they are good and have experienced faculty. If you are not ready to read, DO NOT WRITE THIS EXAM, YOU WILL FAIL, No dumps. PMP and CISA are the toughest professional exams I have ever written. I have not seen anybody who passed who was very sure he/she would after the exam.

Let me help a bit, you can download some of my materials here; https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ecgbkh6s78ji1x5/AAB6EDuXure_Sho-MgxnARU_a?dl=0

2 Likes

Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Gozychuks(m): 9:31am On Jun 16, 2016
mekuryo:
Today marks another level in my career as I was inducted as a certified project manager..#IPMP...oluwa modupe!!!
IPMP will do nothing for you. In fact this is my 5 years of having their CPM. forget all their sweet mouth. Soon the will start inviting you for paid conferences. Infact I attended one for 8k and was interviewed for job. Nobody I know that.did that interview got any offer. To me I think they are not sincere. Did I mention we were awarded CPD cerftified project director after the seminar; whatever that means.....
it's good only as an introduction into project management. The certificate is nothing to brag about. Anyway congrats you now have been introduced into project management try and take it further.
Any other person with #IPMP experience should speak out
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by 1wolex85: 9:31am On Jun 16, 2016
MT:
Good morning Peeps, I have been reading comment, just want to drop my little piece. I am an experienced PMP credential holder and I have led many enterprise projects. Please know that earning PMP credential is just to demonstrate that you have the working knowledge of PMI-based methodology. It is not a proof that you can successfully lead a project. You need to understand "tailoring" in project management which can never be taught but could be learnt if you work with the best hands in the industry.

In summary, PMP credential is good, go for it but it is just the beginning as there are a lot of things to learn in order to be able to lead a project successfully in a practical world. Thanks.
True
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by Bezed(m): 10:04am On Jun 16, 2016
proddey:

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

Will be glad... Obeezed@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by ideaz: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

There is a test centre on the Island too.
Kindly call Sam Ubieya my lecturer and current PMP counsellor on 09 026 8546 23 please. He still does lectures and makes payments on behalf of his students. I don't know the current cost. Cheers.

Why would someone who is being qualified for PMP certification need someone to make payment on their behalf na?

Anyone with VISA/Master Card can and should successfully make the payment for themselves. Besides, the process of successfully registering for PMP exam is a project on its own for those who have gone through it before. I believe the payment is the easiest part.

I did mine last year with GTB Naira Master Card. Please be guided!
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by ideaz: 10:20am On Jun 16, 2016
mekuryo:

Congrats Bro!

This certificate is certainly not from PMI. I think it is another body. Kindly educate us on #IPMP.
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by fabulouskeem(m): 10:37am On Jun 16, 2016
Congrats bro, Kindly forward the materials needed to my mail..(aknike2000@yahoo.com ) thank you.

quote author=proddey post=46593283]I wrote the PMP paper based test in Lagos on May 7th 2016 as CBT has been cancelled in Nigeria for some years now, and I passed at first attempt! I'm here to assist those who are also seeking to obtain this global certification.

How I prepared

Study Materials I used

Before the exam

The exam day

I will also share with you some tips and tricks for passing the exam on the first try.[/quote]
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2016
ideaz:

Why would someone who is being qualified for PMP certification need someone to make payment on their behalf na?

Anyone with VISA/Master Card can and should successfully make the payment for themselves. Besides, the process of successfully registering for PMP exam is a project on its own for those who have gone through it before. I believe the payment is the easiest part.

I did mine last year with GTB Naira Master Card. Please be guided!

I get you. Of course they can do it themselves. I used to be terribly scared of online transactions. Even then, I asked him to renew for me o. Can one still use Naira denominated cards even now please?
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by PraiseGyps(f): 10:59am On Jun 16, 2016
Welcome to the world of the CPM's
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by toprealman: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2016
wailing:
I'm Oracle and PMP Certified wink
only? lol
Re: Photos: My Induction As A Certified Project Manager by ideaz: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2016
vivaciousvivi:

I get you. Of course they can do it themselves. I used to be terribly scared of online transactions. Even then, I asked him to renew for me o. Can one still use Naira denominated cards even now please?

Good spirit!

I made membership renewal early this year with same GTB naira master card. It should work so far your daily limit is not exceeded.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CIPM NIGERIA: Application Requirements And Procedure / Risk Management Forum / Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.