Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK (57323 Views)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 10:34am On Jun 14, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Lies.

I'm here

Tell us the truth then.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by apolonius(m): 10:34am On Jun 14, 2015
As someone with first and second degrees here and who is presently doing a PhD here too,I believe the op is 100 percent on the money.

Listen to him!
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by kamez(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2015
OK sir
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Hmm
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Kingslaw(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2015
Op, thanks for the info.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 10:38am On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

That is not true, not all, just some.

Yes free tuition fee but you still need to have 8000 euro in blocked account and pay monthly insurance.
The eight thousand euro you will deposit in your account is it tuition fee, compare to the UK? Why wont you have insurance?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by 9jauk: 10:38am On Jun 14, 2015
Over rated institution,absolutely ripe-off look elsewhere.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by MsZeezah: 10:39am On Jun 14, 2015
penn2:
hello usa is still the best place to go for masters...what is the use u wil b schooling doing ur masters and u wunt be working ,hey that is grab i did my masters in usa california UCSD and now my phd in U.T texaz and since 20011 that i landed in usa after 3months i gat my fucking work visa and i am doing good finaciallyy so stop hyping uk...if you have been dere sAY THE ruth dnt dcv pple here
With your English? Masters and subsequently PhD? I seriously doubt that. And please do tell me the one of work visa you got after 3 months in the U.S. Liar.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 10:42am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
The eight thousand euro you will deposit in your account is it tuition fee, compare to the UK? Why wont you have insurance?

I'm trying to point out that its not free as you put it, 8000 euro plus monthly insurance is a lot money.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by thoth: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2015
Why would someone in his right mind want to go study in USA if a USA PhD holder writes English just like you do ?
penn2:
hello usa is still the best place to go for masters...what is the use u wil b schooling doing ur masters and u wunt be working ,hey that is grab i did my masters in usa california UCSD and now my phd in U.T texaz and since 20011 that i landed in usa after 3months i gat my fucking work visa and i am doing good finaciallyy so stop hyping uk...if you have been dere sAY THE ruth dnt dcv pple here

31 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:

Are u guys kiddin me?, 8000 is close to 2million Naira oo. Jst to go study abroad and gettin your choice of job aint even guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2015
Ok nice info for those who need it
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 10:44am On Jun 14, 2015
penn2:

You need to be doing Phd in misinformation

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by glowithdan(m): 10:45am On Jun 14, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Lies.

I'm here

True. I was there!!
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Coming soon
@ OP, pls kip room down for me
No time
I want to leave dis country for Buhari and d likes of midolian(apc thugs)
Dey wanna use "change" to spoil ma ear drum
same line of tot wit me....we shud totally follow each other on nairaland...
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by manie(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2015
EndtimeBlessing:
1) In comparison to the US, Canada and Australia; UK is the easiest country to get University admission and procure Visa.

2) A Masters Degree in the UK is quicker or faster to get - it is 1 year while those of US, Canada and Australia are often over 1 year.

3) Make sure you have money for at least 1 year tuition fee. Although you will be allowed to do 20 hours of work per week, the money you will make from this will only take care of your expenses or part of it. If you rely on it to pay first year tuition, it may not work. You can get subsequent session’s tuition fee or part of it by working hard during the summer holidays when you are allowed to work full time.

4) You are expected to return back to your country after completing your studies, except you are offered a job by a UK employer. This is very difficult to get because there are laws tying the hands of the employers from employing non EU immigrants. If you must come, never resign your job in Nigeria if you have one.

5) Having an additional skill like hair barbing, hair weaving for girls, web design, web marketing, etc may put some extra money into your pocket if you know how to market yourself but this is not guaranteed.

In conclusion, conduct an extensive research on what to expect academically, financially and generally before taking the step. This will enable you to hit the ground running and know what to do after you finish your studies.

I love that.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Bibol(f): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2015
In summary, plan very well as its not always greener on the other side

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 14, 2015
thoth:
Why would someone in his right mind want to go study in USA if a USA PhD holder writes English just like you do ?

What's d difference btw UK and the US, besides English is their official language or u tryin to insinuate that him skulin n d UK wud ve made him speak or write better?. Jst askin.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 10:48am On Jun 14, 2015
You are welcome my brother.
Kingslaw:
Op, thanks for the info.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 14, 2015
MsZeezah:

With your English? Masters and subsequently PhD? I seriously doubt that. And please do tell me the one of work visa you got after 3 months in the U.S. Liar.

What's d difference btw UK and the US, besides English is their official language or u tryin to insinuate that him skulin n d UK wud ve made him speak or write better?. Jst askin.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 14, 2015
penn2:
baba pls any link on how to run for a phd in the US?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by mmsen: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

That is not true, not all, just some.

Yes free tuition fee but you still need to have 8000 euro in blocked account and pay monthly insurance.

8000 euro is a lot less than the 20000 gbp per annum that you will end up paying in tuition in the UK.

Also, cost of living in Germany is lower and quality of life is better.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 10:51am On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

I'm trying to point out that its not free as you put it, 8000 euro plus monthly insurance is a lot money.
Bro, it's tuition free university in Germany. The 8500euro you are talking, 400 euro will be given back to you every month from the money you deposited, and you can only deposit that money first year pro to your resumption, the rest study year are exceptional. Any country in Europe as long as you are a student it is compulsory you will have health Insurance and 4 hours work per-day.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by legendary4luv(m): 10:52am On Jun 14, 2015
penn2:

Dhurr u can lie ooooooooooooo, u did ur masters in USA and yet you are blowing this blunder, Lagoon await u here in naija for falling our hands

13 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by MsZeezah: 10:53am On Jun 14, 2015
sylarsquins:

Yes. A person who is a PhD candidate would not write like that. Besides he's lying about getting a work visa. Which kind of work visa did he get in 3 months? While still on student visa? I'd like to know.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Coming soon
@ OP, pls kip room down for me
No time
I want to leave dis country for Buhari and d likes of midolian(apc thugs)
Dey wanna use "change" to spoil ma ear drum

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2015
sylarsquins:

Are u guys kiddin me?, 8000 is close to 2million Naira oo. Jst to go study abroad and gettin your choice of job aint even guaranteed.
In Germany getting job is 80% guaranteed, and after your study they'll retain you. The 8 thousand euro is still yours bro.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2015
MsZeezah:

Yes. A person who is a PhD candidate would not write like that. Besides he's lying about getting a work visa. Which kind of work visa did he get in 3 months? While still on student visa? I'd like to know.

Am not takin sides here so dnt get me wrong, I dnt care if we gets a work visa or not. If truly he did school in the States n only a PHD holder that's his business, my question is wud studying in the UK makes him a better writer?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2015
If you are interested in coming for a Masters Degree in the UK, I can help you out with information and processes at no cost.

Tuition fee range between £8,000 to as high as you can imagine depending on the school and the course. You will be required to pay part of this money before applying for Visa. However, you will be required to have the balance of the tuition fee and your 9 months living expenses in your bank account for 28 days before applying for the Visa.

Bsc from Nigeria is recognised by all the schools here.
freshvine:
How much on the average will it cost to do a master program in the UK and will they also honor Bsc from a Nigerian university
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Shevy01: 11:00am On Jun 14, 2015
How much do you think a normal uk student visa will cost with tution fee & visa fee?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2015
mmsen:

8000 euro is a lot less than the 20000 gbp per annum that you will end up paying in tuition in the UK.

Also, cost of living in Germany is lower and quality of life is better.

My argument is that studying in Germany is not free as people try to put it, i'm not comparing the cost of studying in the UK to that of Germany.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Out The Border Between Niger And Nigeria / I've Never Entered This Kind Of Bus In My Life Before / 3 Missing Men Rescued From Pacific Island After Writing Giant SOS In Sand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.