Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK (57320 Views)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
In Germany getting job is 80% guaranteed, and after your study they'll retain you. The 8 thousand euro is still yours bro.

So where and ho do you get money for Insurance, expenses and other stuffs or is the 8k untouchable?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 14, 2015
So very correct..@op you said it all.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Bro, it's tuition free university in Germany. The 8500euro you are talking, 400 euro will be given back to you every month from the money you deposited, and you can only deposit that money first year pro to your resumption, the rest study year are exceptional. Any country in Europe as long as you are a student it is compulsory you will have health Insurance and 4 hours work per-day.

Bro you are missing the point, studying in Germany is not free that is my point. This is not about the UK vs Germany.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Shevy01: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2015
How much do you think a normal uk student visa will cost with tution fee & visa fee? I'm really demoralised I don't know maybe to choose Uk or Us. I have a cousin who does Us student visa for 700k. no advance tuition payment, once your admission letter drops you are good to go.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 14, 2015
bikerboy1:
I think this applies to most of the European countries, not just UK, America or Australia.

Good information.
if i understand u well, u are saying America and Australia are Europian countries abi? i don hear u.
or u meant most of the oyinbo country abi?

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by claremont(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2015
penn2:
hello usa is still the best place to go for masters...what is the use u wil b schooling doing ur masters and u wunt be working ,hey that is grab i did my masters in usa california UCSD and now my phd in U.T texaz and since 20011 that i landed in usa after 3months i gat my fucking work visa and i am doing good finaciallyy so stop hyping uk...if you have been dere sAY THE ruth dnt dcv pple here

I strongly doubt that the above-quoted is written by someone who is supposedly a PhD student in the USA. If it is, then I'm shocked at the standard of education you receive in a country you eulogize so much.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by themodernman: 11:06am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Why would i study my masters in UK, where Germany tuition is free and the teaching are all in English, best is EUROPE.

Sure about that?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by drehdinho(m): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

That is not true, not all, just some.

Yes free tuition fee but you still need to have 8000 euro in blocked account and pay monthly insurance.

Thanks for the info. Please can u tell me more about this? I need to know the list of Germany tertiary institutions that offer the free tution for their masters. And wuold they allow students to work while studying? Thanks
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by penn2(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2015
i gat my visa and after 3months i apply for na working visa i gat my first job at the Gisel liabry as accountant ,den at Ralphs...poster am sure u hv not cross or get to airport b4 so i wonder where u gat ur infor ..please naira land becare scammers are much here....gold dust i seconded to ur opinion..i base in San diego i no what am talking about ..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by ronald4lif(m): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2015
mmsen:

8000 euro is a lot less than the 20000 gbp per annum that you will end up paying in tuition in the UK.

Also, cost of living in Germany is lower and quality of life is better.

Yes, Germany is better to study than the UK in terms of lower cost of living and most importantly for someone who intend to settle abroad permanently after schooling they stand a better chance of regularising their status in Germany than in Britain. All they need do is get a German girl pregnant and there you have your residence.

But in the UK the immigration laws are more stricter and stringent and it takes more than a miracle to secure residence at the moment. However, German education system is more arduous compared to the UK as one attend lectures 5days a week in most cases while in the UK is 2-3 days a week on average. This gives one extra flexibility to work more hours and earn more.

What everyone must know is that they need a reliable sponsor to support them on average a 50k monthly during their course duration if they want to pay more focus on studying and live a better life. It's near impossible to combine both work and study abroad without financial support from sponsors.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2015
drehdinho:

Thanks for the info. Please can u tell me more about this? I need to know the list of Germany tertiary institutions that offer the free tution for their masters. And wuold they allow students to work while studying? Thanks

This website has all you need to know about German schools, free tuition fees and English taught courses

https://www.daad.de/deutschland/en/

https://www.nairaland.com/2098236/general-german-visa-enquiries-part

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2015
If you have a US option, my advice is for you to choose US because I believe US can give you better opportunity after your studies than UK.Talking of UK student Visa, you will need to pay around £3000 (1 million naira approx) as deposit. This is not the only thing, the bigger obstacle is that you will need to fix around £16,000 (over 5 million naira) in your account for 28 days before applying for the Visa.
Shevy01:
How much do you think a normal uk student visa will cost with tution fee & visa fee? I'm really demoralised I don't know maybe to choose Uk or Us. I have a cousin who does Us student visa for 700k. no advance tuition payment, once your admission letter drops you are good to go.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by harbey19: 11:14am On Jun 14, 2015
Good day fellow Nairalanders, I am in a dilemma taking a vital decision as regards schooling abroad and I would really appreciate your contributions and suggestions. I am in my late 20s, a teacher by profession and currently earns a monthly salary of over a hundred thousand Naira. I applied to some Universities in Germany for my Masters degree but was rejected as a result of my low CGPA, I made a CGPA of 2.70. Now, I'm considering applying for an Undergraduate degree Programme in Germany, which implies I would have to quit my present job. My question goes thus, what are my chances of securing a good job either in Germany or Nigeria with the newly acquired first degree certificate considering the fact that I would be in my early 30s by the time I complete my Bachelors degree in Germany. Is this a wise decision or should I just go ahead and do a masters programme here in Nigeria since I'm qualified for that? Thank you all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by tempest01(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2015
penn2:
hello usa is still the best place to go for masters...what is the use u wil b schooling doing ur masters and u wunt be working ,hey that is grab i did my masters in usa california UCSD and now my phd in U.T texaz and since 20011 that i landed in usa after 3months i gat my fucking work visa and i am doing good finaciallyy so stop hyping uk...if you have been dere sAY THE ruth dnt dcv pple here

Do you go through the post before writing comments Mr. PhD

4 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by ernesterioo(f): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2015
Of the truth you re phd holder, see yah english self, u re due for deportation ......
penn2:

8 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2015
sylarsquins:

So where and ho do you get money for Insurance, expenses and other stuffs or is the 8k untouchable?
Insurance is 45eur a month, your so called 8k will be given back to you.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by AreaFada2: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2015
Also try to chose a reputable university in UK. If possible a Russell Group or Red Brick university. Of course it will cost more money.

This may become relevant in the near future. Multinationals are becoming quite picky.

Even Access Bank advertised vacancies in Nigeria & Ghana a few days ago. They needed a 2.1 degree from a reputable UK university.

Doing your MSc/MA in English in continental Europe may be cheaper but there's a cultural and heritage aspect to it too.

English is our official language and colonial history. Employers are going to be more inclined to hiring people trained in UK/US/EIRE/Down under, etc.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:

Again that is not entirely true, how much is the insurance if you are 30 years of age or over? Or have current health issue?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 11:21am On Jun 14, 2015
harbey19:
Good day fellow Nairalanders, I am in a
dilemma taking a vital decision as regards
schooling abroad and I would really
appreciate your contributions and
suggestions. I am in my late 20s, a teacher by
profession and currently earns a monthly
salary of over a hundred thousand Naira. I
applied to some Universities in Germany for
my Masters degree but was rejected as a
result of my low CGPA, I made a CGPA of
2.70. Now, I'm considering applying for an
Undergraduate degree Programme in
Germany, which implies I would have to quit
my present job. My question goes thus, what
are my chances of securing a good job either
in Germany or Nigeria with the newly
acquired first degree certificate considering
the fact that I would be in my early 30s by
the time I complete my Bachelors degree in
Germany. Is this a wise decision or should I
just go ahead and do a masters programme
here in Nigeria since I'm qualified for that?
Thank you all!
Bro, you have to seek for another universit, germany don't offer Bsc in English, but ican still assist you in gaining admission in europe, but not in germany.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 11:21am On Jun 14, 2015
I understand you, but every year I meet new people arriving from Nigeria to study despite the fact that PSW has been cancelled since 2011 and it took effect in 2012. The question I sometime ask is if people are not aware. I guess I will have to open another thread on the kind of of answers I get few times that I have bothered asking students why they still come to the UK to study.
lighternote:
Provided their is no PSW, going to study in the UK is arrant nonsense to me. So where do they expect me to get hands on experience of what I was taught in their system After collecting exorbitant international tuition. Selfish people angry
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 11:21am On Jun 14, 2015
harbey19:
Thank you all!

Bro, you have to seek for another university, germany don't offer Bsc in English,
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:

N ow true is dz, u speakin frm experience?
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Lovechyld101(m): 11:26am On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks for the info u got any details for some one going for masters in d usa , or russia
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 11:28am On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

Again that is not entirely true, how much is the insurance if you are 30 years of age or over? Or have current health issue?
Bro, just tell me that you are a novice about this issue, if you want to learn from me, open up dude.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Bro, just tell me that you are a novice about this issue, if you want to learn from me, open up dude.

I probably know more than you do, prove me wrong with the last question if you think i'm making things up.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 11:30am On Jun 14, 2015
sylarsquins:

N ow true is dz, u speakin frm experience?
Yes boss
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Otuabaroku: 11:30am On Jun 14, 2015
harbey19:
Thank you all!

I don't think it is wise for you to do another Bsc in Germany. This is considering the financial implications and age no being on your side.

What you could do is apply to Uk Uni as you have the chance of securing admission there. This is if you have saved enough money to see you through. If that is not case, then settle for doing your masters in Nigeria.

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 11:34am On Jun 14, 2015
justwise:

I probably know more than you do, prove me wrong with the last question if you think i'm making things up.
Where on earth that you will have current health issue still want to have health insurance? bro even in Nigeria no company will approve your health insurance certificate.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by harbey19: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Bro, you have to seek for another university, germany don't offer Bsc in English,
Says who? Rhine-Wal University of applied sciences and some other schools offer some Bachelors programme in English Language and thanks for your offer, but I'm not interested.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Shevy01: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2015
You are right, thank you so much. I have a question I want to ask you. Why I wanna go 4 uk is that I have a citizen there who can help me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Check Out The Border Between Niger And Nigeria / I've Never Entered This Kind Of Bus In My Life Before / 3 Missing Men Rescued From Pacific Island After Writing Giant SOS In Sand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.