Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him (844 Views)

Obese Men Last Longer In Bed Than Slim Men! / [PHOTO] Man Spent £21,000 To Transform His Daughter From An Obese To A Model / The Risk Of Being Obese And Why You Should Avoid It Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by kekakuz(m): 6:33am On Jun 14, 2015
my friend has just been confined diabetic after a blood sugar reading of 21.9.
and weighs 115kg at the age of 25.
can he still live a normal life or this is just the end. we are worried sick for him.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 14, 2015
kekakuz:
can he still live a normal life or this is just the end. we are worried sick for him.

Well..

1.Hope is NOT over for him

2.He needs to take his meds. No quitting.

3.He needs to start exercising. And in this case....slow and steady start.

He should start by walking for thirty minutes, then one hour a day.

4.He should eat his fruits and vegteables. Well well. No more soft drinks, red meat,bread, and fatty foods.

5.He needs to get inspiration from other people.

Here are some resources he can use.

Huff Post: I lost weight

Nigeria Diabetes Online Community

Old Nairaland thread on diet diabeitc should eat.

[url=https://www.caloriecount.com/cc/account/login.php?accesserror=1&querystring=&ret_page=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.caloriecount.com%2Fcc%2Faccount%2Findex.php]Online food log....to measure the calories[/url]

Couch to 10k (a program to get him running 10km in 13 weeks.)
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 14, 2015
let him lose weight first.
he would beat it.

use herbal to reduce his blood sugar level.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by pharmagba: 9:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Please confirm the blood sugar reading again.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by ppeessuu: 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
DIABETES

Medical Definition

There are two major types of diabetes: juvenile-onset and maturity-onset.
The symptoms of juvenile-onset diabetes come on very dramatically and rapidly because the beta cells in the pancreas are producing little or no insulin. Insulin shots are required to manage juvenile-onset diabetes.
The symptoms of mature-onset diabetes appear more gradually, and can be treated by diet and tablets alone. Occasionally insulin injections may be necessary. In mature-onset diabetes, the beta cells in the pancreas still produce insulin, but it is the insulin receptors that become less sensitive to the insulin. Hence mature-onset diabetics have to control their blood sugar levels too.
Diabetics are three times more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease than a normal individual, are less able to fight off infections and will heal much more slowly than non-diabetics. Allicin powder can offer a cascade of benefits to people suffering from diabetes.

Treatment
To keep your circulation fit and healthy take 360mg of allicin powder every day. Use the liquid, as detailed below, for treating minor wounds.

Testimonial
The author’s own experience
As the author of this book I have a unique experience with the production and application of allicin. I am also a diabetic of some 32 years standing so anything I can do to reduce the risks detailed above has to be good for me. Consequently I take alliicin capsules every day to help keep my blood pressure, cholesterol and circulation fit and healthy. Anyone who knows me will tell you that before the advent of allicin powder capsules, I used to take a popular garlic powder supplement and every year around October time I would get a real stinker of a cold. This would inevitably last at least 10 days as my immune system doesn’t function as well as a non-diabetic and my blood sugar levels would go haywire. Since starting allicin powder capsules several years ago I have not had ANY colds despite now having 2 young children at school! I can only put this down to allicin.
Diabetics, myself included, also tend to heal very slowly. I still have a scar from a minor burn I sustained when I was a teenager and every time I cut myself it seems to take ages to heal properly. However, recently I have started putting allicin powder onto plasters or bandages used to dress small cuts and grazes. A short time ago I got a nasty wood splinter in my thumbnail. I managed to remove it but immediately it started to swell up a little and became very painful. I immediately added just 300mg of allicin powder to a band-aid and dressed the wound. Literally within a few hours the pain and swelling had begun to reduce. The next day, I changed the dressing and within 3-4 days the wound had healed, the swelling had gone and it was not painful at all. Several days later, having stopped the treatment, my skin began to flake and peel away leaving a perfectly healed thumb – allicin really is great stuff for diabetics.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by kekakuz(m): 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
[quote author=pharmagba post=34752522]Please confirm the blood sugar reading again.[/quotethats the reading. after four readings
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by ppeessuu: 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
DIABETES

Medical Definition

There are two major types of diabetes: juvenile-onset and maturity-onset.
The symptoms of juvenile-onset diabetes come on very dramatically and rapidly because the beta cells in the pancreas are producing little or no insulin. Insulin shots are required to manage juvenile-onset diabetes.
The symptoms of mature-onset diabetes appear more gradually, and can be treated by diet and tablets alone. Occasionally insulin injections may be necessary. In mature-onset diabetes, the beta cells in the pancreas still produce insulin, but it is the insulin receptors that become less sensitive to the insulin. Hence mature-onset diabetics have to control their blood sugar levels too.
Diabetics are three times more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease than a normal individual, are less able to fight off infections and will heal much more slowly than non-diabetics. Allicin powder can offer a cascade of benefits to people suffering from diabetes.

Treatment
To keep your circulation fit and healthy take 360mg of allicin powder every day. Use the liquid, as detailed below, for treating minor wounds.

Testimonial
The author’s own experience
As the author of this book I have a unique experience with the production and application of allicin. I am also a diabetic of some 32 years standing so anything I can do to reduce the risks detailed above has to be good for me. Consequently I take alliicin capsules every day to help keep my blood pressure, cholesterol and circulation fit and healthy. Anyone who knows me will tell you that before the advent of allicin powder capsules, I used to take a popular garlic powder supplement and every year around October time I would get a real stinker of a cold. This would inevitably last at least 10 days as my immune system doesn’t function as well as a non-diabetic and my blood sugar levels would go haywire. Since starting allicin powder capsules several years ago I have not had ANY colds despite now having 2 young children at school! I can only put this down to allicin.
Diabetics, myself included, also tend to heal very slowly. I still have a scar from a minor burn I sustained when I was a teenager and every time I cut myself it seems to take ages to heal properly. However, recently I have started putting allicin powder onto plasters or bandages used to dress small cuts and grazes. A short time ago I got a nasty wood splinter in my thumbnail. I managed to remove it but immediately it started to swell up a little and became very painful. I immediately added just 300mg of allicin powder to a band-aid and dressed the wound. Literally within a few hours the pain and swelling had begun to reduce. The next day, I changed the dressing and within 3-4 days the wound had healed, the swelling had gone and it was not painful at all. Several days later, having stopped the treatment, my skin began to flake and peel away leaving a perfectly healed thumb – allicin really is great stuff for diabetics.

for imported and patented allicin contact me via ayo_sanya@yahoo.com
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by 2CatWoman: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
kekakuz:

is your friend type 1 or type 2?

Is he taking insulin or tablets?

Diabetes is common in my family so please answer these 2 questions before I get back to you.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by eyinjuege: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
First things first, while on his meds the best thing he can do to prolong his life is to lose weight. Let him start a diabetic diet and exercise as though his life depends on it because it literarily does.
Secondly knowledge is power. He needs serious education on the disease and its complications, its mgt, lifestyle modifications etc. He needs to see an endocrinologist and a nutritionist. He's got a long journey ahead of him so goodluck to your friend.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by kekakuz(m): 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2015
2CatWoman:

is your friend type 1 or type 2?

Is he taking insulin or tablets?

Diabetes is common in my family so please answer these 2 questions before I get back to you.
type 2 using tablets
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by jodeci(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
21.9 * 18 = 394.2 Mg/ dl.

This is quite high,he needs absolute life style modification and all the necessary assist from diabetologist.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by tforever(m): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
kekakuz:
he needs serious counseling on this issue its a very delicate one does he stay in lagos?
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
Oh God. It is lack of knowledge that's killing people, if only you knew you could be free, you would be excited about your future and not worry. I had an issue for 4 years and I'm fine now. I can help tell you how to get the product I used.
#I am serious okay.
You can drop your number if you want my help.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by 2CatWoman: 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
It may be possible to reverse type 2 diabetes if you lose weight and change your diet.

You will need to exercise and remove all sugary food from your diet. No coke, fruit juice, ice cream, sugar in tea, less alcohol.

Eat smaller portions of eba, amala and white rice and increase your vegetable intake including salads and eat less fat and fried foods.

Eat grilled fish and meat, beans.

Always take your medication as prescribed and get a blood sugar monitoring device.
Re: He Is 25 Obese And Diabetic.is There Really A Future For Him by kzenterprise(m): 8:42pm On Jun 14, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Keys On How To Cure Back Ache, Keep The Massage Therapist Away, Lagos,abuja,phc / Why Exercise Is A Must When Trying To Lose Weight / The Amazing Science Behind Fatal Snake Bites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.