Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Should A Christian Do The Following?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Christian Do The Following?? (1025 Views)

Should A "Born-again" Christian Do The "Traditional" Marriage? / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / As Christian Do We Suppose To Believe In Reincarnation Or ' Akudaya' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Christian Do The Following?? by mcfynest(m): 7:36am On Jun 14, 2015
Good day all.
Being a while i have commented on this sectiin, guesd its Ceaser that has been calling. And as it was written in Mark 12:17 KJV
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

So i was with Ceaser but not forgetting the cross
Greeting to people who have being helpful to my Christian journey.
Sukkot
Pastor kun
Plaetton
Folykaze
HumbledbYgrace
Tgirl4real
Biafranqueen
MrPresident1
And many others.

So the question is this-
As christians are we supposed to do this things
1. Clonning Ip
2. Ivf

Cloning/blocking your IP
Most people in Nigeria that are making money in the internet world will understand better. Since we generally do most of our business with foreigners, and we all know they don't trust Nigerians. Though we submit our works and deliver their jobs without scamming them, but one still has to show that he is not from Nigeria. Thats a rough intro abt it. So i was talking to another internet marketer recently and he was like he is not cool about it. Is it right? Are genuine internet marketers at risk of being arrested by efcc or FBI? Showing that am from the US and delivering their jobs without scamming them (whites/cau) is it a sin?

2. IVF -In vitro fertilisation

IVF is the process by which eggs are removed from your ovaries and mixed with sperm in a laboratory culture dish. Fertilisation takes place in this dish, "in vitro", which means "in glass".
As a christian, should we do this? Is it not tantamount to masturbation on d male part? Are we testing the Lord our God, are we assisting him in doing his work

3- God and the male genitals

Genesis 24:9 KJV
And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and sware to him concerning that matter.

Genesis 47:29 KJV
And the time drew nigh that Israel must die: and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt:

There are many places in the old testament that involes that process, any explanstin or reasoning?

I dont want to sound too spiritial here but i really need this answers.
Thanks
Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by INTROVERT(f): 7:37am On Jun 14, 2015
Happy sunday
Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by Youngzedd(m): 9:06am On Jun 14, 2015
Hehe

The first one tuooo

The system has been bleeped up. We have to figure out away out. When a door close, another will open thus said the LORD.

Have an open mind, it's not a sin. As for others I have not idea.
Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by sukkot: 10:20am On Jun 14, 2015
mcfynest:
Good day all.
Being a while i have commented on this sectiin, guesd its Ceaser that has been calling. And as it was written in Mark 12:17 KJV
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Sukkot
Pastor kun
Plaetton
Folykaze
HumbledbYgrace
Tgirl4real
Biafranqueen
MrPresident1
And many others.

So the question is this-
1. Clonning Ip
2. Ivf

Cloning/blocking your IP
Most people in Nigeria that are making money in the internet world will understand better. Since we generally do most of our business with foreigners, and we all know they don't trust Nigerians. Though we submit our works and deliver their jobs without scamming them, but one still has to show that he is not from Nigeria. Thats a rough intro abt it. So i was talking to another internet marketer recently and he was like he is not cool about it. Is it right? Are genuine internet marketers at risk of being arrested by efcc or FBI? Showing that am from the US and delivering their jobs without scamming them (whites/cau) is it a sin?

IVF is the process by which eggs are removed from your ovaries and mixed with sperm in a laboratory culture dish. Fertilisation takes place in this dish, "in vitro", which means "in glass".
As a christian, should we do this? Is it not tantamount to masturbation on d male part? Are we testing the Lord our God, are we assisting him in doing his work

And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and sware to him concerning that matter.

And the time drew nigh that Israel must die: and he called his son Joseph, and said unto him, If now I have found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh, and deal kindly and truly with me; bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt:

There are many places in the old testament that involes that process, any explanstin or reasoning?

Thanks
my chief mcfynest welcome back brother. i trust everything is going very well for you. with regards to the first question, scripture says sin is the transgression of the law and so therefore where there is no law there is no trangression. there is no law against hiding your IP address so it is not a sin.

1 john 3 vs 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. << SO THERE HAS TO BE A LAW AGAINST IT FOR IT TO BE CALLED SIN

ROMANS 4 VS 15 for where no law is, there is no transgression. << SO WHERE THERE IS NO LAW, THEN YOU CANT SIN

YOU CAN APPLY THE ABOVE PRINCIPLE TO YOUR SECOND QUESTION

AS FOR THE ' PUT THY HAND UNDER MY THIGH '. THAT IS A FORM OF EXPRESSION AND NOT LITERAL . I DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS BUT I AM VERY SURE IT IS AN OLD FORM OF EXPRESSION THAT IS NO LONGER USED TODAY. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER BIBLE WAS RE-COMPILED 500 YEARS AGO SO A LOT OF OLD EXPRESSIONS IN IN THE BOOK. FOR EXAMPLE WHEN BIBLE SAYS ' TO STONE SOMEONE ' IT MEANS TO PUNISH SOMEONE, AND NOT LITERALLY TO THROW STONES AT THEM. ALTHOUGH SOME PEOPLE TAKE THIS LITERALLY AND ACTUALLY STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH. LIKE THE QURAN WAS WRITTEN OUT OF THE SCRIPTURES DURING THE BYZANTINE EMPIRE IN SYRIA AND THE MUSLIMS ACTUALLY THINK THE STONE IN THEIR QURAN WHICH WAS TAKEN OUT OF THE BIBLE MEANS TO STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH. SO THEY ACTUALLY STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE-EAST BECAUSE THEY COULDNT UNDERSTAND THAT THE BIBLE IS FULL OF ' OLD WAYS OF EXPRESSION ' THAT ARE JUST EXPRESSIONS AND NOT LITERAL SPEECH. SO I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE ' PUT YOUR HAND UNDER THIGH ' IS AN OLD EXPRESSION. I WILL TRY TO READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER LATER ON TO GET A CONTEXT IN HOW IT IS USED AND I AM SURE I CAN COME UP WITH WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANS.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by mcfynest(m): 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
sukkot:
my chief mcfynest welcome back brother. i trust everything is going very well for you. with regards to the first question, scripture says sin is the transgression of the law and so therefore where there is no law there is no trangression. there is no law against hiding your IP address so it is not a sin.

1 john 3 vs 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. << SO THERE HAS TO BE A LAW AGAINST IT FOR IT TO BE CALLED SIN

ROMANS 4 VS 15 for where no law is, there is no transgression. << SO WHERE THERE IS NO LAW, THEN YOU CANT SIN

YOU CAN APPLY THE ABOVE PRINCIPLE TO YOUR SECOND QUESTION

AS FOR THE ' PUT THY HAND UNDER MY THIGH '. THAT IS A FORM OF EXPRESSION AND NOT LITERAL . I DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS BUT I AM VERY SURE IT IS AN OLD FORM OF EXPRESSION THAT IS NO LONGER USED TODAY. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER BIBLE WAS RE-COMPILED 500 YEARS AGO SO A LOT OF OLD EXPRESSIONS IN IN THE BOOK. FOR EXAMPLE WHEN BIBLE SAYS ' TO STONE SOMEONE ' IT MEANS TO PUNISH SOMEONE, AND NOT LITERALLY TO THROW STONES AT THEM. ALTHOUGH SOME PEOPLE TAKE THIS LITERALLY AND ACTUALLY STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH. LIKE THE QURAN WAS WRITTEN OUT OF THE SCRIPTURES DURING THE BYZANTINE EMPIRE IN SYRIA AND THE MUSLIMS ACTUALLY THINK THE STONE IN THEIR QURAN WHICH WAS TAKEN OUT OF THE BIBLE MEANS TO STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH. SO THEY ACTUALLY STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE-EAST BECAUSE THEY COULDNT UNDERSTAND THAT THE BIBLE IS FULL OF ' OLD WAYS OF EXPRESSION ' THAT ARE JUST EXPRESSIONS AND NOT LITERAL SPEECH. SO I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE ' PUT YOUR HAND UNDER THIGH ' IS AN OLD EXPRESSION. I WILL TRY TO READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER LATER ON TO GET A CONTEXT IN HOW IT IS USED AND I AM SURE I CAN COME UP WITH WHAT IT ACTUALLY MEANS.

Hmmmmmm
Ephesians 4:7, 11 KJV
But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. [11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

You have the spirit of the prophet in you sire. You are truly a prophet. I think it is John the baptizer..

Thanks. Understood and waiting for your explanations.
Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by sukkot: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
okay so i have read the context. PUT THY HAND UNDER MY THIGH means, ' lift me up ' aka ' continue my legacy '. uphold what i stand for. continue in my ways. do not ditch the teachings i have bestowed on you but carry on with it.

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by sukkot: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2015
mcfynest:

Hmmmmmm
Ephesians 4:7, 11 KJV
But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. [11] And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

You have the spirit of the prophet in you sire. You are truly a prophet. I think it is John the baptizer..

Thanks. Understood and waiting for your explanations.
[b]oh you want me to explain the ephesians 4 vs 7 and 11 ? okay here goes. what does grace mean ? grace means ' favor '. a favor i can do for a friend is maybe giving him a gift of a car if he has a family but no car to transport them around. so verse 7 means unto his disciples and saints he gave them gifts. and the gifts are explained in verse 11. you have to understand that gifts giving by God are celestial gifts. he can give you material gifts too when his kingdom is established on earth but at the time when this verse was written the gifts given were celestial gifts so that they can use these gifts to bring in the second fruits into the kingdom ( basically preach to the gentiles and bring them to the ways of the LORD and into the kingdom that would be established in the future ( which we are in that future today ). so these gifts given to the saints were
1-apostle-someone who is sent out to preach. so you will have the gift of understanding the bible and have good oratory skills so as to get people mesmerized and interested in what you have to say

2-prophets-the ability to foretell the future using various celestial tools like the stars etc etc. this is a gift too. you will understand how the universe works with this type of gift because you have to be able to read the elements and understand birds and what direction they go to when certain events happen etc etc. like the three wise men who can read the stars to foretell what season it is.

3-evengelists- a preacher who travels the world. itinerant minister. so with this one maybe the gift of speaking several languages

4-pastors-ability to speak to large volumes of people and to monitor them in the way of christ

5-teachers-ability to make complicated things seem simple.

so all these are gifts endowed to the saints so they can go out and bring in that second fruit.

ahh thanks for the kind words sire. but this is division of labor and we have different gifts but we are all joint heirs in the kingdom
[/b] wink

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by MuttleyLaff: 1:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
mcfynest:
Good day all.

Sukkot
Pastor kun
Plaetton
Folykaze
HumbledbYgrace
Tgirl4real
Biafranqueen
MrPresident1
And many others.

So the question is this-
1. Clonning Ip
2. Ivf

Cloning/blocking your IP
Most people in Nigeria that are making money in the internet world will understand better.
Since we generally do most of our business with foreigners, and we all know they don't trust Nigerians.
Though we submit our works and deliver their jobs without scamming them, but one still has to show that he is not from Nigeria.
Thats a rough intro abt it
So i was talking to another internet marketer recently and he was like he is not cool about it.
Is it right? Are genuine internet marketers at risk of being arrested by efcc or FBI?
Showing that am from the US and delivering their jobs without scamming them (whites/cau) is it a sin?
Sorry about this but it is the classic examples of: "one bad apple spoils the barrel" and "give a dog a bad name and hang him"

Well, there is a truth and nugget in Matthew 10:16, where the Bible says:
Be savvy (i.e. smart), intelligent, sensible, wise or be mindful of your interests as snakes BUT without admixture of evil,
be harmless as doves (e.g. delivering jobs without scamming etc)

mcfynest:

IVF is the process by which eggs are removed from your ovaries and mixed with sperm in a laboratory culture dish.
Fertilisation takes place in this dish, "in vitro", which means "in glass".
As a christian, should we do this?
Is it not tantamount to masturbation on d male part? Are we testing the Lord our God, are we assisting him in doing his work
Yes, christians or anyone else for that matter that can afford or have the means, could do this, as God has nothing against IVF

No, we are not "testing the Lord our God, or assisting him in doing His work"
IVF just like other feats or various leaps and strides in the medical fields are not "testing the Lord our God, or assisting him in doing His work"

What have you against masturbation and what do you think God has against masturbation?
Are you mistaking onanism for masturbation?

mcfynest:

Appreciate you already know that "thigh" is an euphemism for male genital
so, in relation to answering the query, pin this "My hands are tied" phrase temporarily down in your mind:
and note that if someone's hands are tied, it means, they are not free to behave in the way or manner that they would have liked to behave
(i.e. means they, somehow, are ceremoniously subjected to the conditions under which the oath with the "thigh" was sworn to)

The male genitals, to the average ancient Jew, is considered sacred and hence that part of the body is used, similarly, like the Bible or Koran to make oaths with.

It is usually a subordinate that places his hands under the "thigh" of a senior or superior to make an oath (i.e. remember the "hands tied" phrase)

In effect, the junior-person who places hand underneath the "thigh" of the senior-person, is simply taking an oath saying he is no longer free to do as he wishes on the relating matter, except according to what was sworn to, the conditions, etc when the hand was placed under the "thigh"

mcfynest:
Thanks
If you sound too spiritial (sic) you are being true to nature, as you are spirit in a flesh-body suit. You are spiritual.
Hope the answers above helped

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by mcfynest(m): 6:50am On Jun 15, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Sorry about this but it is the classic examples of: "one bad apple spoils the barrel" and "give a dog a bad name and hang him"

Well, there is a truth and nugget in Matthew 10:16, where the Bible says:
Be savvy (i.e. smart), intelligent, sensible, wise or be mindful of your interests as snakes BUT without admixture of evil,
be harmless as doves (e.g. delivering jobs without scamming etc)

Yes, christians or anyone else for that matter that can afford or have the means, could do this, as God has nothing against IVF

No, we are not "testing the Lord our God, or assisting him in doing His work"
IVF just like other feats or various leaps and strides in the medical fields are not "testing the Lord our God, or assisting him in doing His work"

What have you against masturbation and what do you think God has against masturbation?
Are you mistaking onanism for masturbation?

Appreciate you already know that "thigh" is an euphemism for male genital
so, in relation to answering the query, pin this "My hands are tied" phrase temporarily down in your mind:
and note that if someone's hands are tied, it means, they are not free to behave in the way or manner that they would have liked to behave
(i.e. means they, somehow, are ceremoniously subjected to the conditions under which the oath with the "thigh" was sworn to)

The male genitals, to the average ancient Jew, is considered sacred and hence that part of the body is used, similarly, like the Bible or Koran to make oaths with.

It is usually a subordinate that places his hands under the "thigh" of a senior or superior to make an oath (i.e. remember the "hands tied" phrase)

In effect, the junior-person who places hand underneath the "thigh" of the senior-person, is simply taking an oath saying he is no longer free to do as he wishes on the relating matter, except according to what was sworn to, the conditions, etc when the hand was placed under the "thigh"

If you sound too spiritial (sic) you are being true to nature, as you are spirit in a flesh-body suit. You are spiritual.
Hope the answers above helped

Thanks.
Really greatful for the exposition.

By masturbation is will use this verse

Genesis 38:9 KJV
And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.Genesis 38:9 KJVGenesis 38:10 KJV
And the thing which he did displeased the Lord : wherefore he slew him also.
Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by MuttleyLaff: 8:05am On Jun 15, 2015
mcfynest:
Thanks.
Really greatful for the exposition.

By masturbation is will use this verse

Genesis 38:9 KJV
And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
Genesis 38:10 KJV
And the thing which he did displeased the Lord : wherefore he slew him also.
I dont see the correlation between masturbation and that verse (i.e. Genesis 38:9) bro.
As I earlier mentioned, I suspect you are mixing up onanism for masturbation
Genesis 38:10 is about dying of onanism and not masturbation

Though people are known to have died from exhaustion out of indulging in excessive masturbation and not giving the body time to recuperate
but have you read anywhere in the bible of anyone dying of masturbation?
Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by mcfynest(m): 8:37am On Jun 15, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
I dont see the correlation between masturbation and that verse (i.e. Genesis 38:9) bro.
As I earlier mentioned, I suspect you are mixing up onanism for masturbation
Genesis 38:10 is about dying of onanism and not masturbation

Though people are known to have died from exhaustion out of indulging in excessive masturbation and not giving the body time to recuperate
but have you read anywhere in the bible of anyone dying of masturbation?

I will check on onamism now, but the bible made it clear that just spilling the semen in manners different from what is originally made for is bad and infuriates God. I believe masturbation falls into that category.although it was not explicitly stated, i believe it falls on the state of mind. If you feel uncomfortable after the act,then i see you are guillty already undecided . as it was stated by sukkot in his post 1 john 3 vs 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. The church today is against rhe act, and guilty conscience makes it sin already. Hope i made sence cry

Since IVF involves stulating the male genital to have a desired result, seems to me like m@sturbating......

Thanks
Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by MuttleyLaff: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2015
mcfynest:
I will check on onamism now
Go ahead, make my day. Please check.

mcfynest:
but the bible made it clear that just spilling the semen in manners different from what is originally made for is bad and infuriates God.
You're beginning to fabricating stories like Pinocchio does. You'll get a long nose if you persist.

mcfynest:
I believe masturbation falls into that category.although it was not explicitly stated, i believe it falls on the state of mind.
You believe wrong on all accounts.
Onan fell foul of acting against the Levirate law and persistently deprived his brother's wife an inheritance by pulling out and ejaculating on the ground instead of inside
He did this not once but several times before God allowed him to die.

mcfynest:
If you feel uncomfortable after the act,then i see you are guillty already undecided .
Bro please dont turn this personal, try and be objective as you originally have been and leave me out of it

mcfynest:
as it was stated by sukkot in his post 1 john 3 vs 4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. The church today is against the act, and guilty conscience makes it sin already.
Hope i made sence cry

Since IVF involves stulating the male genital to have a desired result, seems to me like m@sturbating......

Thanks
sukkot got it right, the "church" I doubt
Please if Onan died because of m@sturbating tell me how many have dropped dead after Onan?
Shouldn't we be seeing heap loads of dead bodies littering the streets because of masturbation?

1 Like

Re: Should A Christian Do The Following?? by mcfynest(m): 5:40am On Aug 05, 2015
MuttleyLaff:
Go ahead, make my day. Please check.

You're beginning to fabricating stories like Pinocchio does. You'll get a long nose if you persist.

You believe wrong on all accounts.
Onan fell foul of acting against the Levirate law and persistently deprived his brother's wife an inheritance by pulling out and ejaculating on the ground instead of inside
He did this not once but several times before God allowed him to die.

Bro please dont turn this personal, try and be objective as you original have been and leave me out of it

sukkot got it right, the "church" I doubt
Please if Onan died because of m@sturbating tell me how many have dropped dead after Onan?
Shouldn't we be seeing heap loads of dead bodies littering the streets because of masturbation?

No no no....dont get me wrong o. .....i dont mean you. But thanks anyway

(1) (Reply)

!end Time! Satanic Group Unveiled A Controversial Bronze Baphomet Sculpture:( / The Spirit Of Whoredoms / Do You Need God (or Religion)? 10 Reasons You Don't.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.