Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Looking To Buy These Gear Racks. (photos Included). Know Where I Can Get Them? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Looking To Buy These Gear Racks. (photos Included). Know Where I Can Get Them? (1056 Views)

Please, Who Knows For Sure Where I Can Get This Cable? [PICTURED] / Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy Magnets In Abuja? / Urgent Sale Of A Big UPS & Server Racks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looking To Buy These Gear Racks. (photos Included). Know Where I Can Get Them? by Pakingzzz(m): 8:05am On Jun 14, 2015
I am venturing into building remote control gate for residential buildings.
I am looking for the availability of gear racks in slightly large quantity.
If anybody knows where i can get it, do let me know please.
Below are the pictures of what the gear rack looks like. I'd prefer spur (straight) gear rack or helical gear rack.

Re: Looking To Buy These Gear Racks. (photos Included). Know Where I Can Get Them? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 14, 2015
If you're in Abuja and Environ, check metal fabricators section of Dei Dei building materials market.

1 Like

Re: Looking To Buy These Gear Racks. (photos Included). Know Where I Can Get Them? by hupernikao: 10:42am On Aug 12, 2015
Pakingzzz:
I am venturing into building remote control gate for residential buildings.
I am looking for the availability of gear racks in slightly large quantity.
If anybody knows where i can get it, do let me know please.
Below are the pictures of what the gear rack looks like. I'd prefer spur (straight) gear rack or helical gear rack.

Ds gear rack u r looking for ar not readily available and when available they ar nt usually at affordable price and ordering them too is not cost effective. Cost of materials at times can make a project not profitable.

I suggest u use readily available materials which usually can be designed and fabricated to ur needs. Sourcing locally made materials are high points in many novel work ds days.

See my attachment below (rough sketch) for a simple rack-gear system dt will work well for ur controlled gate system. Its a T shaped metal which ar readily available in Nigeria market and can be modified to suit ur work or u can make one ursef by fabricating two metals perpendicularly.

The gear is just a form of pulley dt can lock on to the vertical rail of ur rack nd hav one DOF along d metal length. With ds u can save almost 50% of ur material cost and still achieve same results depending on ur knowledge of d work.

Hope ds help!!

Re: Looking To Buy These Gear Racks. (photos Included). Know Where I Can Get Them? by Pakingzzz(m): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
hupernikao:

Ds gear rack u r looking for ar not readily available and when available they ar nt usually at affordable price and ordering them too is not cost effective. Cost of materials at times can make a project not profitable.

I suggest u use readily available materials which usually can be designed and fabricated to ur needs. Sourcing locally made materials are high points in many novel work ds days.

See my attachment below (rough sketch) for a simple rack-gear system dt will work well for ur controlled gate system. Its a T shaped metal which ar readily available in Nigeria market and can be modified to suit ur work or u can make one ursef by fabricating two metals perpendicularly.

The gear is just a form of pulley dt can lock on to the vertical rail of ur rack nd hav one DOF along d metal length. With ds u can save almost 50% of ur material cost and still achieve same results depending on ur knowledge of d work.

Hope ds help!!

Am glad at your elaboration.
It is an inspiration to me because the gate are going to sit on a pulley-like system of rails that wouldn't bother the movement of car tyres across it. So your explanation throws more light on the area of fabricating something of that nature.
But it still didn't completely solve my problem..
I need a rack and pinion type of linear actuator setup
that comprises a pair of gears which convert rotational motion into linear motion..
A circular gear called "the pinion " will engage the tooth on a linear metal bar with teeth called "the rack"; rotational motion applied to the pinion will cause the rack to move relative to the pinion, thereby translating the rotational motion of the pinion into linear motion. That's what I need, and what i intend to use as a locomotion to move the gate to and fro.
But with your explanation, I can now go ahead and fabricate the metal bar with teeth, using your concept of joining or welding cut strips of metal, perpendicular to the metal bar used for the rack.

(1) (Reply)

antivirus USB Flash Or Mem Cards 8gb N1,500 16gb N2,000 32gb N3,500 64gb N6,000 / US Used Hp Compaq 6735b Intel Core 2 Duo Laptop @ 38k. / Study From Home With Our Free Dvd On All Courses. Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.