Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. (13228 Views)

Two Nigerians Go Into Agriculture Because Of Economic Hardship. Pictures / 15 Great Ideas To Consider If You Are Going Into Agriculture / Visit Agriculture On Nairaland President Buhari....... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by justfash50: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
@all
The normal mindset in business is either you make profit or loss although its good to be optimistic but know that there is always a risk factor when you are venturing into any business.

You can only work on those risk factor to mitigate your loss when the chips are down. In essence don't plan for profit alone and let the loss count as your experience kapish
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by Justbeingreal(m): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
wristwatch:
Depends on the Agric sector. Poultry business is not good to venture into rite now
why do u say that pls?
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by gabriel212: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2015
gabinogem:
I'm into fish farming. If not for the love I have for it I would have quit long time ago, though I really want to be grounded in it. If I have good capital I will certainly go into it full time... Nice encouragement OP, u've done well.
which type of fish farming r u in to?
Please reply me in quotes
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by gabriel212: 8:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Agriculture is not a get rich quick scheme.
You need to learn the rope as any other business before you can make good income
The business of agriculture is the real deal at the moment and in decades to come,not only because of the dying oil reliant economy but the yearly burgeoning population who is expected to eat everyday both in raw and processed form.

Do agribusiness....it pays
called u many times but
U don't honour your call
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by flofields(f): 8:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
RickRichards:
There are very few certainties in life, but if there's something I cannot venture into on impulse, it's definitely agriculture. That's a certainty. How can anyone plant stuff and then wait and wait for them to grow? I'm a patient person; but I'm not that patient. grin

That is why you must love it passionately to engage in it in the first place.

As for waiting and waiting for it to grow, you know that it also needs air to grow. So you can start by blowing mouth air into it to grow faster and faster.

1 Like

Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by dekins: 9:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nothing good comes easy. Just as it is in every other business, agriculture can be profitable if you do the right things at the right time and selling at right price using the rigth agricultural marketplace to find buyers and sellers of agricultural products, agricultural machinery, agricultural equipment or even agricultural services and agricultural services.
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
flofields:

That is why you must love it passionately to engage in it in the first place.

As for waiting and waiting for it to grow, you know that it also needs air to grow. So you can start by blowing mouth air into it to grow faster and faster.
Lol...You sound like "Mother Nature". Blow mouth air to make it grow faster? Definitely a punishing version of "Mother Nature".
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by world1(m): 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
Many people are going into agriculture today not because they truly love the profession but because someone close to them is in it or have been promised sudden financial turn around via farming.

This is why many get frustrated at any little down turn of event.

Like other business, agriculture has its own down time.
It is your personal interest and likeness that keeps you going in time of challenges.

Love it, do it and make it, the future of our economy is green. Let's grow together.

Good Evening.
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
gabriel212:

called u many times but
U don't honour your call
Sorry about that.
You can call me on this line 08092034147
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by kollymore1(m): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2015
@mrvitalis, employing locals to manage your investment in agriculture might not be an advisable thing.
Most of the locals are already frustrated as a result of their own mistakes or lack of inovstion and over reliant on government inputs that some of them never benefited in their life time.

Investors can take advantage of our agro-innovation where we are bringing people together for agriculture. Buy land and we take care of it for you. Inspection of the land opens next week.

Find below the details:

GIG AGRI-VILLAGE, Ibadan opposite CRIN
for large expanse of land suitable for agriculture.

Our package include :

Land
clearing
seedlings and planting
Management
perimeter fencing with named plant
Small signage on your farm
Motorable path to your farm
marketing arrangement (optional)

Tel. 08033951287, 08058230656, 08097458588
Email:mkoluwole@Gmail.com

We have various crops in focus, tell us the crop you want planted on your land and we give you an ideal farm
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by mamajaz(f): 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
I went into vegetable planting last year december during our annual leave and within a month we realized close to 60k on a small portion of land. I will still explore agric.work the more.

1 Like

Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by kollymore1(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2015
GIG Agri-village, Ibadan

Excellent vegetation suitable for Crops and supports Animals breeding.

Our Package:

Land
Clearing
Seedlings +Planting (Desired crop)
Perimeter fencing with named plant e.g moringa
First year maintenance
Subsequent years maintenance(optional)
Motorable path to your farm.
Marketing Arrangement for farm produce(optional)
Etc.

Powered by: GIG-WORLD LIMITED
Tel:08033951287, 08058230656, 08097458588, 09028878160
Email:info@gig-worldlimited.com, mkoluwole@Gmail.com
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by kollymore1(m): 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
Now selling, large expanse of land for Agriculture @:

GIG Agri-village, Ibadan

Our Package:

Land
Clearing
First year maintenance
Etc.

Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Good evening sir, I sent u an email .
kollymore1:
Now selling, large expanse of land for Agriculture @:

GIG Agri-village, Ibadan

Our Package:

Land
Clearing
First year maintenance
Etc.

Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by gabinogem(m): 12:07am On Jun 17, 2015
gabriel212:

which type of fish farming r u in to?
Please reply me in quotes
small scale catfish farming.
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by gabriel212: 7:02am On Jun 17, 2015
gabinogem:
small scale catfish farming.
I plan to go into fishing but not cat fish. do you v any who involve in large fish farming? I will love to meet with the person for some info
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by gabinogem(m): 7:11am On Jun 17, 2015
gabriel212:

I plan to go into fishing but not cat fish. do you v any who involve in large fish farming? I will love to meet with the person for some info
nope, I don't. Only those in catfish business I know.
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by topearos(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2015
thanks for the timely info
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by free37: 9:20am On Jun 17, 2015
amazingspiderma:
Agriculture is not beans,it takes more skill and effort than money.It is more of a skill and not just a business.Any good farmer will tell you that no two years are the same.I don't mean to sound difficult,but you sound like you were planning for champion league in the same year you got promoted to the premier league.What you need is a practical mentor,guide or an experience person and not just a seminar or a friend.This is a different subject,and trust me,you will not become perfect in one planting season.
We define agriculture as the rearing of crops and animals,not planting or feeding or buying.Rearing is a skill.Any woman can give birth but you also know that not all women can train a child.In agriculture the laws of nature superceeds and must be obeyed.Understanding this gives takes patient and humility but when you grasp it,happy shall thou be.Skills take time to master so is agriculture.
Finally,my candid advice,start with a garden and not a hectre.
All the best.
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by kollymore1(m): 7:30am On Jun 20, 2015
If you are convinced that you want to venture into agriculture, the time to start is now.
If you wait for the best time to start you will wait forever because the best time will never show up.

GIG AGRI-VILLAGE Ibadan

.. We can grow together
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by knowledge4(m): 7:31am On Jun 22, 2015
Agreed, do not venture into agriculture without thoroughly grounded information
Projects like poultry farming that are sensitive but lucrative require that you are informed about its sensitivity before setting up
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by Jessam: 7:27pm On May 06, 2017
Quoting Yusuf - Agriculture is not a get rich quick scheme.
You need to learn the rope as any other business before you can make good income
The business of agriculture is the real deal at the moment and in decades to come,not only because of the dying oil reliant economy but the yearly burgeoning population who is expected to eat everyday both in raw and processed form.

As professional pig farmers Jessam Cattle Ranch and farms would like to inform the agricultural wishful thinkers in particular farming/livestock rearing that it takes a lot of passion, dedication, continuous learning, hard work, discipline, forward planning, capital and a business plan. There is a lot of garbage on Nairaland and other Nigerian media on get rich quick schemes in the agriculture sector........yawn yawn yawn, so untrue. My people get the facts right before you delve into the 'Monkey see, monkey hear, monkey do' business model. Get the facts right and you stand half a chance.

Be glad and grateful for the frank, accurate and honest write ups by experienced farmers on here not the online farmers and agricultural scammers..... we have given you the run down, your deal now is to ask yourself if you have the knowledge, passion, money, dedication and a good game plan?

Jessam cattle ranch & farms aims to be a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady Jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too.

We currently have a 300 sow operation yielding us around 5000 piglets a year.
Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5VRJWxLv0

Quality meats you can trust -- 09099020582 or 07010112503 or 08037452372

Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by Atlanticfire: 5:32am On May 08, 2017
Jessam:
Quoting Yusuf - Agriculture is not a get rich quick scheme.

As professional pig farmers Jessam Cattle Ranch and farms would like to inform the agricultural wishful thinkers in particular farming/livestock rearing that it takes a lot of passion, dedication, continuous learning, hard work, discipline, forward planning, capital and a business plan. There is a lot of garbage on Nairaland and other Nigerian media on get rich quick schemes in the agriculture sector........yawn yawn yawn, so untrue. My people get the facts right before you delve into the 'Monkey see, monkey hear, monkey do' business model. Get the facts right and you stand half a chance.

Be glad and grateful for the frank, accurate and honest write ups by experienced farmers on here not the online farmers and agricultural scammers..... we have given you the run down, your deal now is to ask yourself if you have the knowledge, passion, money, dedication and a good game plan?

Jessam cattle ranch & farms aims to be a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady Jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too.

We currently have a 300 sow operation yielding us around 5000 piglets a year.
Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj5VRJWxLv0

Quality meats you can trust -- 09099020582 or 07010112503 or 08037452372

I like the idea of piv farming.

How long does a piglet take to grow to marketable size
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by akpaaba: 2:48pm On May 11, 2017
I am interested in going into buying and selling of Pigs and i need somebody to put me through from the scratch. Are you into Pig marketing big time? Fellow Nairalanders, I need your assistance please help your brother. I am currently located in Aba. Thanks[sup][/sup]
Re: Don't Venture Into Agriculture On Impulse. by nassipickin(m): 4:28pm On Jun 04, 2017
COMPLETE PLANTATION KIT for CASSAVA/MAIZE/RICE@3X-ROI.

The kit is valued with the following specifications:

1). #750,000/hectare (where the hectare is less than or equal to three, x<=3)
2). #500,000/hectare (where the hectare is greater than or equal to four, x>=4)
3). Kit works anywhere your farmland is, Southwest Nigeria.
4). Kit is an international best practices protocol for farmland preparation and planting.
5). Kit hands over your farmland/plantation in six(6)-weeks from the date of purchase cum land allocation.
6). What's next than to wait for harvest and profit.

Further enquiries, please contact: The Heritage Consultant, +2347055115343-Whatsapp-line.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cocoa To Generate $1.3b As Revenue In 2014- Nigerian Minister For Agric / 5 WEEKS OLD BROILERS WHAT DO U THINK. PHOTOS / How To Sell Thousands Of Chickens And Eggs In 14days Even If You're A Newbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.