Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Chicago Student Accepted In 26 Universities, Offered More Than $3 Million - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chicago Student Accepted In 26 Universities, Offered More Than $3 Million (620 Views)

Yemi Alade Dressed As Yellow Bride For Chicago Concert / Davido Welcomed By Beautiful Ladies At Chicago Airport(photo,video) / Wizkid Has Breakfast With Rev. Jesse Jackson In Chicago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chicago Student Accepted In 26 Universities, Offered More Than $3 Million by morereb10: 7:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
Kenwood Academy's valedictorian, Arianna Alexander, wants to go to college to learn about business. As it turns out, she has a number of options. "It was a lot to take in. I received emails, letters. It was just like, 'Come here, come here!' They were bombarding me with all this information," Arianna said.

Arianna hails from Chicago's Hyde Park neighborhood. She graduated with a 5.1 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. She was accepted to 26 universities, including six Ivy League schools. Her scholarship offers total more than $3 million. "I feel like it means I can afford college and I don't have to worry about it. I feel like that's an issue for a lot of people my age," Arianna said.

Her father encouraged her, after another Kenwood student was offered more than $1 million in scholarships a few years ago. "I planted the seed in Arianna's mind that you can do the same thing. So when the process got started and a million was achieved, let's go for two. I said let's go for three and she did it," said Pierre Alexander, Arianna's father.

Arianna is the baby of the family. She has three older siblings.

"It was a big blessing, because I've already put three through college. Now I don't have to worry too much about her," Pierre said. Arianna has also picked a school, thanks to Paul Brush, one of her teachers. She plans to attend University of Pennsylvania. "He said, 'Do you know about the Wharton School of Business?' I said, 'I have no idea what you're talking about,'" Arianna said. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/06/wonderful-chicago-student-accepted-in.html#sthash.sloocC2d.dpuf

Re: Chicago Student Accepted In 26 Universities, Offered More Than $3 Million by Minet16(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
b
Re: Chicago Student Accepted In 26 Universities, Offered More Than $3 Million by morereb10: 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
people needs to get motivated lalasticlala ishilove

please push to FP
Re: Chicago Student Accepted In 26 Universities, Offered More Than $3 Million by 2poundz(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
Dats a serious case.
Re: Chicago Student Accepted In 26 Universities, Offered More Than $3 Million by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
wow

(1) (Reply)

New Lady: Justin Bieber Shows Off His "One And Only", Hailey Baldwin [PHOTOS] / Spot The Nigerian Celebrity In This Photo / Basket Mouth To Host AFRIMMA 2015 In Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.