Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone (596 Views)

How To Improve Sound Quality On Your Android Smartphone / Gifted Biafrans Set To Launch An Indigenous Helicopter / How To Speed Up A Sluggish Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by Techoftoday: 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
A new report from Reuters has it that struggling Canadian smartphone maker, BlackBerry Limited, might be planning on launching a new BB handset running Android operating system.The upcoming BlackBerry Android handset may use some patented features in its BB 10 OS. Reuter said it got the scoop from four sources who wished to remain anonymous because the plan has not been made public.

A slider handset with physical qwerty keyboard, rectangular screen etc. that was unveiled by BlackBerry at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, March is rumoured to come equipped with Google's Android OS.

If the report is anything to go by, the upcoming BlackBerry slider smartphone, expected to be released this autumn, would be the first full-fledged Android-powered handset from the Ontario-based firm. Previous BlackBerry smart phones like the Z10 and Passport only run Android apps.

The decision to put Android operating system in its next handset would allow the company pay more attention to its software and device management system(BES120), used largely by corporate organizations and governmental agencies.

As with all rumours and speculation , neither BlackBerry nor Google commented on the matter when contacted by Reuters. Although the former made it clear that it is still committed to its BlackBerry 10 operating system.

If the Canadian device maker eventually launched a BlackBerry Android smartphone, would you buy?Let me know what you think in the comments.

- Source:http://www.wearobo.com/2015/06/oopsblackberry-android-slider.html#sthash.AxMpPgLo.dpuf

Re: Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by edwapkalmeed(m): 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
booked
Re: Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by Smooyis(m): 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
edwapkalmeed:
booked
Cant wait
Re: Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by sinaj(f): 10:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
too big
Re: Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by johnydon22(m): 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
And if the ba3 is still gonna be the same then fvck the phone, sticking with my Tecno...
Re: Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by Davefirst(m): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2015
I will consider checking it spec first before buying
Re: Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by austinbrown: 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
I have the phone already
Re: Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by Twensons(m): 4:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
I recently came across Google's on JiJi website and has already bought used BlackBerry phone
Re: Blackberry To Launch Android Smartphone by Twensons(m): 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yep wink

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help On My Email / International Space Station Anniversary: 15 Secrets Of Living Outside Of Earth / Core I3, 500g 4g@45k...with Webcam...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.