Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution (1395 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils Its Self-Driving Future Bus (Photos And Video) / The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) / See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution by morningsta(m): 11:59pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hello NL, I drive a Nissan X-Trail 2008 model. I noticed this morning while warming the car that it now fires /raises it-self on and off.

I will very much appreciate expert advice from people with experience please.

I wish to know the cause and possible solution.

Regards.
Re: Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 15, 2015
morningsta:
Hello NL, I drive a Nissan X-Trail 2008 model. I noticed this morning while warming the car that it now fires /raises it-self on and off.
Regards.

I would either edit your opening post, or post another. You need to be specific, as I haven't the faintest idea what you're trying to get across.

Your car "raises" itself, "fires", please clarify.
Re: Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 15, 2015
Siena:

I would either edit your opening post, or post another. You need to be specific, as I haven't the faintest idea what you're trying to get across.

Your car "raises" itself, "fires", please clarify.

Siena hasn't gotten used the code our kazeems use, he means the car rough idles and the revs irregularly.

1 Like

Re: Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:32am On Jun 15, 2015
morningsta:

Regards.

You accidentally turned on the self drive button, turn it off. grin

2 Likes

Re: Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution by mayor2013: 7:09am On Jun 15, 2015
morningsta:

Regards.

This is hilarious grin. @ op you have not communicated through @ all
Re: Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution by femicousim: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
raises itself would mean it has adaptive automatic dampers

but if you meant revs by itself, then it might be your
IACV -idle air control valve solenoid
TBA - throttle body actuator (esp if it's stuck)
TPPS - throttle pedal position sensor
or sometimes
EGR valve

just scan the vehicle, also observe the data stream of the above components and other fuel and air induction components' sensors & actuators
Re: Car Raising Its Self : Cause And Solution by sultaan(m): 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
VAcuum leak.
One of the black hoses that is connected to your air system has a cut on it or it has been disconnected.

Get a can of raid or any aerosol spray slowly aroud those hoses when the sound of you car changes that is where the leak is. the idea is to spray something the engine can suck in and burn.You can use a little water too but do not use enough for engine to suck in just enough to plug the leak and change and detect problem

(1) (Reply)

2005 Lexus GX470 Vs 2007 Lexus RX350 / Please House I Need Advice About Honda Civic 1991 Model / Toyota Camry (muscle) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.