Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Zain's Browsing- Your Experience - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain's Browsing- Your Experience (177294 Views)

Poll: Whats your experience

Great: 36% (60 votes)
manageable: 35% (59 votes)
Excruciating: 10% (18 votes)
I am Indifferent: 17% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by brianromel(m): 8:02am On Feb 25, 2009
I was as usual enjoying my slow browsing experience when i decided to use ultra surf on the connection via my laptop.
It made a big difference,what surprised me the most was how the ultra surf found a connection so quickly and started opening up things very fast.
I then moved to configure the proxy ultra surf was using to firefox,opera,seamonkey,skype and yahoo messenger,and it worked so well.
Once i stopped the ultra surf,things were back to the snail speed i knew.
Anyone had any similar experience with any tunneling or port scanning software.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Emeka72(m): 11:51am On Feb 25, 2009
I use it wit opera-mini 3its sweeter on fone I don' even know abt PC
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2009
Then you should try it wink
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 9:45pm On Feb 25, 2009
After a heavy down pour this night,i was just contemplating how slow zain would be.i try browsing the first thing i saw i couldn't believe it.zain Edge in my vicinity.welcome zain E.the browsing is pretty fast.hope the next time i will see 3.5G.

Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by brianromel(m): 11:38pm On Feb 25, 2009
Don't keep waiting as it comes and goes.imagine i'm at Omole and ikeja and i only see g on my phone,Only to get to mushin to see e practically every where i went there.
I asked myself who is using it here.What a waste.
Well i'm still using ultra surf 9.3 to connect from my zain on my laptop.Its been a big help to the snail movement a direct connection to zain ip gave me.
If you lads need it,just download it via google.Next you use your nokia or se or moto pc suite to connect your phone to your laptop or desktop,click on you pc suite, go to your modem connection or connect to internet on nokia pc suite.connect via zain apn.
Click on connect,once its connected.
Run your ultra surf software,after about 15sec it will show you three bars reading 93.3%,90%,91%, or there about,and tell you successfully connected,as it does that it will open your internet explore to a google page with ultrasurf on it.
Just type any url and it will take you there faster that just being connected to zain apn alone.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by jacob05(m): 11:47pm On Feb 25, 2009
The return of ultra surf Kai, Zain don Die grin
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by brianromel(m): 12:04am On Feb 26, 2009
Warning
ultra surf will give you faster speeds on zain .G. gprs connecting,on edge or E its bloody fast downloads exceeding 120kbs on my idm and dap(i can't believe i just downloaded bleach 204 under 20mins,in my office via wireless,that still takes an a hour or 42 mins for a 67mb file.)
i also had the opportunity to try it on the island this evening,over 3g service.
I only stay 3mins to try.But lets just say you lads would not believe what my dap premium was telling me concerning download speed.
I've hooked ultra surf up to my limewire,ares and others via its default proxy 127.0.0.1,any one using it now should know the port it uses.
Once connected via ultra surf,use the proxy and port it uses to configure your applications that connect to the internet.
The down side is that u can't login to nairaland or send a mail on yahoo or gmail,or attach a pic on facebook.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Grizzly(m): 12:08am On Feb 26, 2009
i still cant see why anybody will say ultrasurf is faster than the direct surfing,
hmmm na wa o
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by engrhamid(m): 1:07am On Feb 26, 2009
@brain,i thought u wouldn't noticed that, thats the main downside. Do u even try logging in to y mess, i guess not. Well, try finding a beta proxy server. Dem plenty o
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 7:24am On Feb 26, 2009
So why would anyone recomend that?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by omoboy08(m): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2009
let us give kudos to zain, if glo and others can do d same the network will improve, even though we dont know what will follow after 1 mnth.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by abohrandy: 8:36am On Feb 26, 2009
Luk @ wat dis village where I go 2 skul is causing! I am really missing out. Can't wait 2 get home!
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by omoboy08(m): 8:50am On Feb 26, 2009
can anybody pls tell me zain settings(username,password and APN) for a globe trotter connect USB modem
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Kevdiesel(m): 9:37am On Feb 26, 2009
guys reason, dnt u think smething is going on? what i think is, zain is try to overhaul their network (all d rubish previous owners left) and opening it all up may have been d best option on startin work OR, they simply try to see hw much load dey can carry, na so!!, their performance is rather poor better on phone, nw guys put me tru smethin i use a pda hw do i activate 3g, edge?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by brianromel(m): 10:00am On Feb 26, 2009
Why i recommend it is simply for those in gprs locations that the speed of their connections are dangerously slow.
And i notice that it also depends on your phone modem.i use a nokia 3110c to connect.my phone browser is so slow that i have to wait 30seconds for a page to load on my phone.When i connect it to pc its even slower except on my seamonkey,but with the ultra surf things got better quickly.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by luv2talk(m): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2009
Well, Utrasur sucks, Gpass Rocks
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2009
luv2talk:

Plato, bawo ni? Longest time. I no no say u still dey Nairaland. y u no dey come poltics/religion section?
Anyway, how's life? I hope u know who I am.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Fadajasi(m): 1:26pm On Feb 26, 2009
@honsule,how do i activate my internet gprs?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2009
luv2talk:

i thought as much.but do ultra surf disconnect the way Gpass does?come to think of it,FREEGATE is no longer FREE again.u have to buy it.or do any body has a working one?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2009
Fadajasi:

@honsule,how do i activate my internet gprs?

zain thought they can use some us to play.i told them to activate my sim for "internet.ng.zain.com" like infobaba own they told me to go and get Data Card.that one na story.am contemplating on the feasibility of going to their office 2morrow
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by brianromel(m): 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2009
If it keeps disconnecting switch it to direct connection rather that autodetect proxy.
You can do this via options them proxy settings.
Has anyone found a way to finally login into nairaland or send a mail on yahoo or google with ultra surf.
This question goes to hon,have u used backtrack 3 before,its a linux os with some killer network penetration tools.
A friend of mine is using it to rip open wireless and evdo networks in has area.
From what i gathered about it from google,nobody with a network is safe when you know how use it.
I just downloaded the iso for it.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 9:44pm On Feb 26, 2009
brianromel:

This question goes to hon,have u used backtrack 3 before,its a linux os with some killer network penetration tools.
A friend of mine is using it to rip open wireless and evdo networks in has area.
From what i gathered about it from google,nobody with a network is safe when you know how use it.
I just downloaded the iso for it.

let that ur friend tell u or us how he goes about doing that.i think i need a tutorial on that.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Grizzly(m): 9:46pm On Feb 26, 2009
Mehn wetin dey happen now,,
this shit don slow die, cheii!!
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2009
Grizzly:

Mehn wetin dey happen now,,
this shit don slow die, cheii!!

maybe bcoz of the heavy rain.mine too is slow even with Edge.or the rain no reach your end?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by brianromel(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2009
It did not work yesterday evening,i could only login to zain site on my mobile all other sites where not going.
On my laptop gave me the same story,even with with the ultra surf.
But earlier yesterday,i tried gpass,anonmiser and onspeed on the connect,all gave me better speeds than a direct connecting,apart from gpass.
Any theories as to y.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by TOLABABE1(f): 11:59am On Feb 27, 2009
Hi Honsule, ao were ur exams, i wish u best of luck in all.

I changed my phone from nokia 6500clasic to 5310 and all my efforts to get zain wap service were aborted by "settings for your device are not yet available". though i still av my former phone, but i intend given it out only if i can get the new one configured, can u help out please? also, kindly remember to let me know anytime pc browsing via phone moderm can be done via ur friend. (OLAOLUWA/AZEEZ)

ONE LUV.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by bigtiger: 12:40pm On Feb 27, 2009
hello guys i can't use my S.Ew910i to browse , i am getting the edge signal and can only open the Zain portal .

also tried configuring it to my laptop but its not connecting using my pc suite.

please what do i do?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by biola4real(m): 8:50pm On Feb 27, 2009
Omo! Zain does not browse free since yestarday. Promo don end be dat!
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 9:17pm On Feb 27, 2009
honsule:

zain thought they can use some us to play.i told them to activate my sim for "internet.ng.zain.com" like infobaba own they told me to go and get Data Card.that one na story.am contemplating on the feasibility of going to their office 2morrow

I think they have started giving out settings to prepaid for internet.ng
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2009
But it has been real slow these day. damn angry
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by tobidaflava(m): 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2009
Soo, frustrating
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Grizzly(m): 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2009
well u cant really complain becos u aint paying shit tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

How To See Hidden Number That Call You / The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread / Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.