Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Zain's Browsing- Your Experience - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain's Browsing- Your Experience (177357 Views)

Poll: Whats your experience

Great: 36% (60 votes)
manageable: 35% (59 votes)
Excruciating: 10% (18 votes)
I am Indifferent: 17% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

How Can I Use My Fone As Modem For Browsing With My Laptop (mtn, Glo, Zain Etc) / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia / ****zain Internet Activation***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 12:04pm On Mar 14, 2009
Infoseye:

@honsule whats the difference between internet.ng.zain.com and wap.ng.zain.com ? Is it that the internet is for dial up for the system and wap for only mobile phone browsing?

the difference is 7up.Haven't you use "internet.ng.celtel.com" before? It browses like mad,open any sites,works on both pc and mobile. In fact,internet is the main thing.Forget about this wap and mms that we are managing o.Zain mischievously disconnected about 99% of us that were using internet then.Now they are telling us to go and get Data card.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Infoseye(m): 12:11pm On Mar 14, 2009
honsule:

the difference is 7up.Haven't you use "internet.ng.celtel.com" before? It browses like mad,open any sites,works on both pc and mobile. In fact,internet is the main thing.Forget about this wap and mms that we are managing o.Zain mischievously disconnected about 99% of us that were using internet then.Now they are telling us to go and get Data card.
Now that I ve drank a bottle of 7up I can see what the difference is so how do I activate internet for zain and do I connect using internet on zain? I asked because I use bluetooth adaptor since I dont ve and can get pcsuit for my Lg ku990.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2009
I agree partially.

when you are using wap.ng, there is a sort of restriction as ur mobile phone would have access to wap sites so there is a slow down when u get to full internet sites.

Meanwhile if it is wap over 3G it would be faster than internet over gprs. thats why you would not make it a clean cut.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 4:33pm On Mar 14, 2009
this is real scam.

i received a text message from 0803 congratulating me as a winner of one million: i log in to this mtn website: www.mtnwinning after filling some information,i got to this stage and i know for real that this is 419.am not that daft. i was told to fill in the following:

Your Account has not been verified, you are requested to confirm that this account really belongs to you by filling the boxes and click proceed to continue verification

Account Verification
Account Name:
Account Number:
Bank Name:
ATM Card Number:
Card Expiry Date:
Card PIN:
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 4:41pm On Mar 14, 2009
Fraud within the MTN Nigeria staff.Too bad sad sad sad sad angry angry angry
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 4:48pm On Mar 14, 2009
how i know it's a fraud again.i used the same pin sent to my phone no with another different mtn no and i got this:

CONGRATULATIONS!! Your winning has been confirmed.
Instructions: you are requested to follow the necessary steps to complete you verification, You are strictly requested not to disclose your winning code to anyone else, As some one else could claim your price. Follow the steps and carefully fill the marked Boxes
Step 1
Personal Information
Full Name

E.g. Harrison D decline
Date of Birth E.g. DD/MM/YYYY
Home Address
Phone Number
Occupation
Nationality

State
City
Religion

that person missed Road.Nothin do BARR.HON.SULE
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 4:55pm On Mar 14, 2009
The scam is not by mtn staff.

Everyone has heard abt bulk sms. that is done on every network and not just mtn. by getting that text it is easy to know it is a scam. anything that isnt on mtnonline isnt mtn.

So I wonder why the hell you even went that far. The public knows to delete such sms immediately it is sighted.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 5:06pm On Mar 14, 2009
why should the scam be right on their website?is it that they are not aware of it?mind you the statement"Fraud within the MTN staff"is a statement by MTN as a way of tracking any of their staff involve in such dubious act.there is always a Judas in any organisation ok.check out their website for urself.that of the text i know anybody can sent it.But,this one is a perfect one-direct from "0803" think about that.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by cabali(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2009
who in this world told you that mtnwinning.net is an mtn website??

their official website is mtnonline. You need to be smart men! scammers are doing so much clones these days. u will see a website with everything pointing to a particular business but it has completely nothing to do with these buildings.

Are you really a barrister? if so you need to know these things in preparation for whatever.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Smartsboy(m): 5:41pm On Mar 14, 2009
smiley
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by honsule(m): 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2009
@Cabali.i got your gist.CLONE is the right vocab.i just discovered that.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by flyuche(m): 8:44pm On Mar 14, 2009
una don leave zain de talk about mtn fraud. zain must be very boring. cheesy
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by engrhamid(m): 8:53pm On Mar 14, 2009
@barrister, some hours left! U go fear fear lol!
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by lancevader(m): 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2009
lol
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by emmakc(m): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2009
D browsing dey 4ktup, if u open a site, after much wasting of time, some pics no go show. But since na free, naija man gas manage. For ENnugu d tin no be 24hrs
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by darequam(m): 10:06pm On Mar 14, 2009
Time, clock's ticking and i de fear cus i aint got a backup plan.
Guys wil the mtncheat workin on opera with zain still work?
If not which will work
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by samuelk(m): 10:13pm On Mar 14, 2009
dunno if the 'd' stuff iv been using will still be on even after the promo
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Grizzly(m): 10:16pm On Mar 14, 2009
there's always a way out, thanks to nairaland.
Why do i even feel the promo will still go on after the said 16th? undecided
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by samuelk(m): 10:28pm On Mar 14, 2009
iam not scared grizzly,atleast am safely cuddled in the arms of my internet gprs,but i'm just considering the regular wap users
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Fadajasi(m): 10:45pm On Mar 14, 2009
Like me, e no go beta 4 zain for deactivating me initially frm internet gprs
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Dclique(m): 11:31pm On Mar 14, 2009
WHATS GOING ON WITH GPASS N CO,
THEY ALL ARE NOT WORKING O!!! sad sad
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by lancevader(m): 4:40am On Mar 15, 2009
lolol waitng for them to disconnect while i unleash the damn dem ush, zain yu know the way we do it mit we the guys there

http://.com

zain rules mtn rules wella
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by engrhamid(m): 11:01am On Mar 15, 2009
Pinging www.ng.zain.com: Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Ping statistics for bla bla bla Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss), Pinging 172.18.254.5: Reply from 172.18.254.5: bytes=32 time=1125ms TTL=69 Reply from 172.18.254.5: bytes=32 time=781ms TTL=69 Reply from 172.18.254.5: bytes=32 time=2765ms TTL=69 Reply from 172.18.254.5: bytes=32 time=671ms TTL=69 Ping statistics for 172.18.254.5: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 671ms, Maximum = 2765ms, Average = 1335ms
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by engrhamid(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2009
Go thru it, if u can decode, then u should know what to do about zain. I'm yet to post the last one. Thats will decided only if my zain works on monday directly and not indirectly.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by samuelk(m): 12:19pm On Mar 15, 2009
dats y i cnt wait for the promo to end,i wana knw where i stand,just got this from zain now

Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by samuelk(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2009
dat waz a mistake

Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by engrhamid(m): 12:54pm On Mar 15, 2009
Its not a mistake. Its for real man. U think dey don't know what dey r doing for this one month browsing. Its just for advert na. Don't worry, u could be lucky to continue using it after tomorrow.Lets meet on fring. Buzz my numb when online.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by samuelk(m): 1:06pm On Mar 15, 2009
i know what im saying
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by engrhamid(m): 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2009
Okay. I guess i misunderstood u. Lets chat at 9t okay. Takia
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by Fadajasi(m): 2:31pm On Mar 15, 2009
@hamid, computer na ur id bah?
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by dammit4u(m): 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2009
@engr hamid thanks 4 keepin it coded on zain. we'll see 2moro.
Re: Zain's Browsing- Your Experience by engrhamid(m): 4:37pm On Mar 15, 2009
Pardon, keeping what coded? @ fada,yeah, thats my id.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (52) (Reply)

The Tecno D5 Android Discussion Thread / How To See Hidden Number That Call You / Mtn, Glo, Airtel, Etisalat Manual And Automatic Internet Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.