Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

3 Issues Meganet Limited Should Fix On UNILAG Hostel Portal By Adedayo Moshood - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 3 Issues Meganet Limited Should Fix On UNILAG Hostel Portal By Adedayo Moshood (911 Views)

NOUN PORTAL Nouonline.net, A Case Of Very Bad Design / Studacom.ng - Online Hostel Booking + Roommate And Campus Tour Finder / See What Adedayo Moshood Did To An App From Infoware Limited Using CSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Issues Meganet Limited Should Fix On UNILAG Hostel Portal By Adedayo Moshood by dharyour93(m): 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2015
UNILAG Hostel Allocation Portal has various issues ranging from usability to vulnerability. These usability issues often results in the extortion of students by cyber cafés within the school.

1) MOBILE RESPONSIVENESS:- if you're accessing the portal from a mobile device, you might not be able to go beyond the dashboard once logged in. This is because the navigation menu where you're supposed to use to click on the ALLOCATE NOW link which will take you to the allocation page is not usable. I could remember several people calling me to know what to do. This makes over 90% of the students to rely on computers, most of which do not have a computer then resort to visiting a cyber café where they will have to write their name in a very long and scary list. This shouldn't be happening in the age because over 70% of internet usage comes from mobile devices.
In order to fix this, please use Responsive Mobile Menu, jQuery mmenu or Slick Nav.

2) TRAFFIC HANDLING:- Before developing a portal as big as that, you should know how much traffic you're expecting and work on how to handle it. According to estimates, UNILAG has about 45,000 students. Meganet Limited should have put that into consideration and make provision for such. This will make it easier and faster for students to get allocation hence, reducing the congestion at cyber cafés.

3) VULNERABILITY:- There's a big vulnerability on the portal that I wouldn't want to describe here because of it's sensitivity. When I discovered it, I tried contacting Meganet Limited and the Student Affairs Unit but my efforts yielded no results. I hope they find and fix this vulnerability ASAP before the bad guys come in contact with it.

PS:- I will be available to talk further on the vulnerability to ONLY AUTHORIZED PERSONS from Meganet Limited or UNILAG

These 3 issues are very important and long overdue. I hope Meganet Limited will work on fixing them before the next Hostel Allocation Exercise.

Adedayo Moshood is a 200L Akokaite in the department of Sociology (Social Work). He is also a Front End Developer with experience in Web and Mobile Development.

Re: 3 Issues Meganet Limited Should Fix On UNILAG Hostel Portal By Adedayo Moshood by dharyour93(m): 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
cc seunthomas Turn2honey

(1) (Reply)

Women Techmakers Port Harcourt Presents Code Day, 2015 / Help On PMP Certification / Object Of Arbitrary Classes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.