Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? (1056 Views)

Why Is C++ So Hard? / Let Us Make Matlab Programs And GUI / How Much Does It Cost To Make An App? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by bowofolu(m): 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
I'm a 17 year old. I make websites, Android apps and Desktop applications. I find it vehemently hard to get people interested and WILLING TO PAY for what I do? Is it me? Maybe I happen to be a bad marketer (I'm a flagrant Introvert). I need to hear from you. I need to know why.
Re: In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by raayah(f): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
I am not sure about Nigeria but programming is very profitable in the most countries.

Create a portfolio of your work , if possible create a github account and contribute to open source.

Send your portfolio to various companies, try to do research and make sure you target your portfolio to each job. E.g give them tips to improve their website or apps.

You will find sth

Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by bowofolu(m): 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2015
Thanks, Raayah.
Re: In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2015
welcome to 9ja maybe we can start a group hola. me
Re: In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by idu1(m): 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
raayah:
I am not sure about Nigeria but programming is very profitable in the most countries.

Create a portfolio of your work , if possible create a github account and contribute to open source.

Send your portfolio to various companies, try to do research and make sure you target your portfolio to each job. E.g give them tips to improve their website or apps.

You will find sth

Good luck
I luv u...

Will you marry me?
Re: In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jun 16, 2015
idu1:
I luv u...

Will you marry me?

you are a funny guy.

back to the topic Nigerians want almost everything free, they want you to trek to work, trek to where you want to work for them for free. Tell them you want to develop a web site for them for N1,500 and they will say 'Bros that's too much nah, me I only have N250 oh'. Its not a joke, i am a young developer like you i have seen a lot. just keep the Dream alive man that's whats important, keep improving in your skills.
Re: In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by Knownpal(m): 3:25am On Jun 16, 2015
AkunneObinna:

you are a funny guy.

back to the topic Nigerians want almost everything free, they want you to trek to work, trek to where you want to work for them for free. Tell them you want to develop a web site for them for N1,500 and they will say 'Bros that's too much nah, me I only have N250 oh'. Its not a joke, i am a young developer like you i have seen a lot. just keep the Dream alive man that's whats important, keep improving in your skills.

You're on point bro. A friend of mine (lagos base) developed a mini inventory system for a client for his small business, I was even thinking of digits with 3 zeros after any 2 digits (20k and above). Unfortunately he was given 2k, what do we say about that? Programmer's business strategy or client business's condition?

1 Like

Re: In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by Dmayor7(m): 11:49am On Jun 16, 2015
Knownpal:

You're on point bro. A friend of mine (lagos base) developed a mini inventory system for a client for his small business, I was even thinking of digits with 3 zeros after any 2 digits (20k and above). Unfortunately he was given 2k, what do we say about that? Programmer's business strategy or client business's condition?

Programmers business strategy.....

I have said it times without number, if you know you are gifted in programming and codes.... Find someone very good in accounting and administration to patner with.... Or better still pay someone to handle your business end....

Jack of all trade is master of none...

You will end up doing everything and come off half baked.....

Assuming you are to become a brillant programmer, you will end up only a good programmer...

Assuming you are to become Ophrah Winfrey, you will end up becoming an accountant or some other good office post somewhere in urban Nigeria.

Dalu kwanu...

1 Like

Re: In Nigeria, Why Does It Seem So Hard To Find People Interested In Programs? by timotew: 1:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nigerians don't pay programmers much, In fact they don't value you for your work after all those sleepless nights, body each and time you spent developing stuffs they see it as if they are helping you by buying it meanwhile you build to make their life easier.

I will recommend that you build for the we, contribute to open sources,Create wordpress,Joomla designs i.e themes, plugins that you can sell on Themeforest or other shops,
Start blogging (It might be hard communicating with people after coding ,Try to relax and write to humans not computer).

Create some free online applications and put ads on it.

That's how we survive here in the North.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Crazy Fly Bird New Game - DOWNLOAD NOW - Review And Win / Prize For Innovation: Etisalat Makes Two More Nigerians Millionaires / Video Illustration For Blog Hub (android App For All Bloggers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.