Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,423 members, 7,819,520 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video (2977 Views)

Efe: Shoes Are The Most Expensive Things I Bought After Winning Bbnaija’s N25m / 4 Photos Of Korede Bello That Will Make You Shout 'godwin!!!' / 3 Things I Found Wrong With “godwin” Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by 0ubenji(m): 10:39am On Jun 16, 2015
Since the release of Korede Bello’s Godwin video, it’s been trailed with mixed reactions mostly positive. However, while most of y’all choose to stay in this safe, happy bubble and give Korede and his team pats on their backs, there were certain things I found curious (I’m trying to be polite here), as such this article will address just that. Note to Bellovers: this is not a review, so… chill!!! Biko.

If there’s such a term as “overcuteness”, then, there was an overdose of it in this video. I’m of the opinion that Korede needs to loose his cute/innocent boy next door image and pull a Justin Beiber on us in the nearest future (Dear God, I don’t mean go haywire). Back to the matter, Adasa Cookey is actually one of the directors I’ve been rooting for but this?…. Gerarahiaa!! Obviously an HD picture, and from what I heard, the label didn’t have to spend money thanks to sponsorship from Access Bank and Lekki Gardens. It’s not as if it was terrible storytelling, truth is, it was a really good visual translation of the song, also good use of costume, but there were just a couple of things terribly lacking in the video, and more importantly few things we could have done without….

1. BOVI
Everybody loves Bovi, but as is typical of the Nigerian entertainment industry we tend to overdo things. I mean after watching the ‘Hour of Victory’ flick, I did laugh a bit. Plus it added an extra 40 seconds (or more) to the 3minutes+ video, however it was as unnecessary as the ‘k’ in knee, and if we are being honest here we’ve seen Bovi do better.

2. THAT DANCE

At first when I saw the dance I simply assumed our dear Korede Bello was on the verge of an epileptic fit, (I mean it could have been part of the story line…) What was that? Seriously?? I literally cringed every time Korede did the very weird ….i don’t even know what to call it! As for DonJazzy, don’t be an agbaya please. I’ve heard and read various comments on that dance and none of it fit for public consumption so I’ll just keep them to myself. I get that Korede isn’t that much of a performer (unlike Reekado), I mean I’ve watched him struggle to actually get into character on stage and in videos except maybe Dorobucci where he actually had to act cute so that didn’t prove to be too much trouble.

But if you really had to do a dance (or shall i call it jig?) try and get a choreographer to show you some moves so you don’t end up looking like a fulani cultural dancer without his stick. Just don’t do that ever again! On the flip side, his attempt at Igbo dance was pretty impressive.

3. HE WINKED….AGAIN!!!

Someone needs to tell Korede to stop with his winks! It was cute in Dorrobuci video, it was getting a little bit worrying in the Adaobi video, now its just plain annoying!! Please retire the wink !!

I’d describe Godwin as an energetic song with a feel-good nature that inspires this feeling of gratitude and makes you want to do a little jig, sadly watching this video will almost bring all that to a screeching halt.

#copied

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2015
Op u no get job undecided

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by mekzyjoe(m): 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2015
zleemshaddy:
Op u no get job undecided
d op mata tyre me ooo cry...oya send me ur c.v grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by Sandydayz(f): 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
undecided undecided
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by OsoDupe(f): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2015
Lolz, the dance like this

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by djmummy: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Valid points
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by NnamdiN: 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bovi part wasn't necessary and I didn't find it funny however, I think the dance is cute, it was really nice. The wink is probably what he wants to be identified with. Wizkid makes the W sign in almost all his videos so cut the young lad some slack. (the wink has no effect on me though, as I no dey collect am for nyash, wink might mean something to the ladies)

Summary, there was nothing wrong with the video.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by brixton: 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
Guy nothing is wrong with that video

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
mekzyjoe:

d op mata tyre me ooo cry...oya send me ur c.v grin grin
grin will korede bello re-do the video because he doesnt like it?
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by Donkaz(m): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
I don't know if am the only one but I kind of liked that dance.

One man's meat is another man's poison.
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by Airforce1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Cool Vid

People go surely complain

1 Like

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by rattlesnake(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ode op undecided

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by eightsin(m): 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
Mehn, d dance funny.
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by Archmed(m): 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2015
The BOVI part is the only aspect i'll agree with you on OP.Bovi's skit was quite long and wasn't funny ..The dance and wink(s) were however great!!
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by fatdon2(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wetin consign me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by gen2briz(m): 6:38pm On Jun 16, 2015
Keep seeing wrong things in the video while korede keep smiling to bank.

1 Like

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by iamkingzlee(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
See as you cool down dey hate on person success. What da fvckk pleases Nigerians. Nothing!!! Smh... undecided

2 Likes

Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by kellyJames5(m): 7:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
To be honest;
That video doesn't worth the hype.
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by MrTeymee(m): 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Very madt dance
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by LaRochelle(f): 7:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
I thought I was the only one that felt the "overcuteness"embarassed.
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
IMO d dance was cute (i've been practising sef) d wink had no wahala attached bt d Bovi part was just uncalled 4 very unnecessary. Anyway His Dance,His Money, His Choice...
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by applecik(f): 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
na wa.op u hv no courtesy,dey try control ur jealousy sometimes.learn to c gud n things and pple.
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by LesbianBoy(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
Bad belle
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by ednut1(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2015
alert sha dey enta na God win
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by angelTI(f): 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Airforce1:
Cool Vid

People go surely complain

Let your single/album/video come out so that people can complain too
Re: 3 Things I Found Wrong With "Godwin" Video by April07: 10:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
The dance sha.. grin grin
And bovi's part.. hmm

So this boy is still winking??
I didn't even notice the wink.
*rushes back to watch video*

Nice video sha. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Celebrities When They Where Kids / Top Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD! / Oge Okoye, Ebube Nwagbo Stun In New Photo With A Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.