Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card (39880 Views)

Stop Using Easy Passwords For Your ATM Cards, Mobile banki. A Nairalander Warns. / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Kofacts(m): 12:57pm On Jun 16, 2015
OK, heading looking kind of bead right, yea, my bad but this is one issue I have seen so many People complain of. Gone are the days when we just have to be conscious of just our ATM pin that people can now access your account when they have access to your Pin. I never believed in that though even till today. But the issue of giving out ATM is one I can attest to as being real.

1. SHOPPING ONLINE: With your ATM card, you can easily shop online from anyplace in the Country. Now I want to break this clearly. Your ATM card has 16 Digit number at the front part of the card depending if it is MasterCard, Visa or verve but it always come with a pin. Looking at the back of that card is another important digit. This digit is known as the Security (Card verification value). With this pin and your card number, everything is settled. Those involved in internet marketing can attest to this.

2. SCAM JOBS: This is same story with No. 1 but in different format. Somebody that has an idea on internet stuff can easily use your account to fulfill his mission. Most Hosting companies, Domain registrar and the rest of them make use of your card number and pin so you know what that means when the scammer get hold of your details, he would use it to purchase tons of domain till your account blinks and might even use it to start his own domain registration company lol.

There are so many other things that can be achieved with this details which I won’t advice you to learn after you must have fallen victim for this.
How to prevent falling victim for this ?
It’s very simple. By safeguarding your card just the way we keep our pin ,is the best solution to this.
We can no longer trust people in this generation anymore.
Source:http://www.scholarsjoint.com/2015/06/reasons-why-you-should-never-give.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
True and true. If you ever give me your ATM card thinking it's safe without the pin. All your money will be donated to Konga and Jumia. grin

Side note.. A rich female friend of mine actually handed me her ATM card and PIN to withdraw some money and I couldn't help but wonder how dumb that could be given that I may decide to withdraw the expected amount while she gets the alert only for me to go on a shopping spree months later.

But I never did that cuz I'm trustworthy. cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Kofacts(m): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nice... cc. lalasticlala
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by aaamos(m): 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
GHN
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by danaiks(m): 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
True talk bro cry
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by nairaman66(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
Offcourse I can give someone an EMPTY ATM card with the PIN to go with... No hassles! grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Ifyx(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
Hmmm
Thanks fr d info!
These are the kinda topics we want on front page

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by devigblegble: 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
Boys must chop na o
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by saasala(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wait
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Chidexter(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
True Info, Hope Some Nigerians will adhere to this, to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by nairaman66(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
aaamos:
GHN

danaiks:
Y

AutoCarTracker:
k

The hustle is real!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Flashh: 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
Giving someone your ATM card isn't ok.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by searay(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2015
[left][/left] kiss
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by BTT(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks. And noted.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by godonzoki(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
B, u have just spoilt business for some people ooo.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
shocked
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by fatdon2(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Just Passing By

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Ahmed4002(m): 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Op I doubt

What about safe token.

Just say plus your mobile line don't give it while your atm with someone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Saraben(f): 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
I just hope some dumb girls who give every tom,dick and harry their ATMS will see thesa and learn
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
Noted
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Ilekeh(f): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
I give my friends my atm and pin when they're going out and need to get me something on the way.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by elohorayodele: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
ok, we don hear
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by 123gist(m): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for the info it is indeed helpful!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
Perusing.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
lipsrsealed
Brandnew2:
True and true. If you ever give me your ATM card thinking it's safe without the pin. All your money will be donated to Konga and Jumia. grin

Side note.. A rich female friend of mine actually handed me her ATM card and PIN to withdraw some money and I couldn't help but wonder how dumb that could be given that I may decide to withdraw the expected amount while she gets the alert only for me to go on a shopping spree months later.

But I never did that cuz I'm trustworthy
. cheesy
That's why she gave u d card to begin witg

1 Like

lipsrsealed
Brandnew2:

But I never did that cuz I'm trustworthy
. cheesy
That's why she gave u d card to begin with

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by AutoCarTracker(m): 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
nairaman66:

The hustle is real!! cheesy cheesy

hahahahahahahaha and you are not taking you sleep too tongue
Re: Reasons Why You Should Never Give "Anyone" Your ATM Card by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
Ahmed4002:
Op I doubt

What about safe token.

Just say plus your mobile line don't give it while your atm with someone

They don't ask for a token while shopping online. Are you a learner?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Spends Sallah Holidays With Brother Ndudi In Delta (Video) / 5 Creative Way To Make Money In 2016 Without Any Capital Investment / Tony Elumelu Celebrates Christmas With Family (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.