Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

What's This About Firstfruits? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's This About Firstfruits? (5222 Views)

Firstfruits - To Pay Or Not To Pay / Before You Pay That Firstfruits Offering! / Should I Give My First Salary As Firstfruits Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's This About Firstfruits? by coolruler(m): 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2009
If this topic has been treated before, pls send the link. I would love to read it up.

Heard in Church last Sunday that as a true Christian, it is mandatory I fork over my WHOLE salary for this month(I just got a new job), to God. Pastor says its the Law of the Firstfruits.
Is this true? is that the way the Bible really laid it out? How then do I survive and meet all my obligations?
Your thoughts on this please.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by huxley(m): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2009
coolruler:

If this topic has been treated before, pls send the link. I would love to read it up.

Heard in Church last Sunday that as a true Christian, it is mandatory I fork over my WHOLE salary for this month(I just got a new job), to God. Pastor says its the Law of the Firstfruits.
Is this true? is that the way the Bible really laid it out? How then do I survive and meet all my obligations?

Absolutely true. But it gets better - you are also required to give 10% of your salary each month so that the pastors can afford sharp suits, cars, luxury homes, etc. How is that for pleasing the Lord?
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2009
coolruler:

It's absolutely false, christianity is based on the teachings of christ and the apostles in the new testament and you would NEVER find it any where that it is mandatory for you to give anything to the church be it tithes or first fruit or whatever name they might choose to call it. As a christian you are meant to give freely as you purpose in your heart what ever you feel like. It is really sad that our pastors today are fond of picking old testment scriptures and quoting it out of context for their own selfish desire. Even first fruit in the bible never had anything to do with money or income as your pastor would like you to believe. You also have to remeber that the religion the israelite people practised in the old testament was not christianity. they were under the law of moses hence the old covenant, as christians we are under the new covenant of our lord Jesus christ hence the old is not binding on you.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by coolruler(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2009
Thanks Kunle
The guy (Pastor) quoted from the books of Malachi and Deuteronomy, and made me believe if I dont do this, my life is doomed for ever. I intend to confront him on this issue, and I most def will feed you back.
Peace!!
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2009
coolruler:

Thanks Kunle
The guy (Pastor) quoted from the books of Malachi and Deuteronomy, and made me believe if I dont do this, my life is doomed for ever. I intend to confront him on this issue, and I most def will feed you back.
Peace!!

My pleasure, you can also check out this thread on i wrote on tithes, i am sure you would be able to find a lot of sound biblical scriptures to prove that first fruit and tithes are not required of christians

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-113108.0.html
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by SirJohn(m): 4:34am On Feb 24, 2009
coolruler:

Firstfruits ko, second food ni
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by tpia: 4:49am On Feb 24, 2009
in parts of Nigeria, the "first fruits" ie first salary, gets offered to the parents or whoever raised the person.

thats what someone told me.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by SincereHRT: 7:42am On Feb 24, 2009
Apply wisdom
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by spikedcylinder: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2009
coolruler:

If you really want to give out your salary, why not hand it over to charities and motherless babies? God is sure to approve of that as well? No?
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by Synthase(m): 11:41am On Feb 24, 2009
Firstfruit is your first income or increase in your income, it is not mandatory but if you have a willing heart, it is important if you want to provoke great blessing from God.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 12:01pm On Feb 24, 2009
Synthase:

Firstfruit is your first income or increase in your income, it is not mandatory but if you have a willing heart, it is important if you want to provoke great blessing from God.
what is the scriptural basis for this allusion Also note that as far as the bible is concerned first fruit is not first income. they are two totally different things.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by Synthase(m): 12:23pm On Feb 24, 2009
Haba bros,the fact that they call it firstfruit then does not mean it cant be equated 2 first income now afterall Abel was said to offer God his first fruit and that's as a sheep rearer so ur 1st income or 1st increase in ur income qualifies to be 1st fruit
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by benedictac(f): 1:19pm On Feb 24, 2009
Dont try to apply wisdom when it come to God's word. If He says pay your tithe so that it will not be tight for you it is for your own good. If He says give your first fruit it is for your own good. So doing He will drive devourer for your sake. Dont apply wisdom in God's words bcoz He uses the foolish things of this world to shame the wise.

The Bible says the natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to undersetand them bcoz they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor. 2:14.

NOW
First fruits is your very first income if you just got that job. It is not yours but God.

It is your very first month of the year (January) income ( either as a salary earner or business man).

And again, in case your salary is increased the difference in the salary is also your first fruit.

spikedcylinder:

If you really want to give out your salary, why not hand it over to charities and motherless babies? God is sure to approve of that as well? No?

God does not make mistakes when He speaks. When He said bring to my house that there may be food in my store house He didnt miss the words.

huxley:

Absolutely true. But it gets better - you are also required to give 10% of your salary each month so that the pastors can afford sharp suits, cars, luxury homes, etc. How is that for pleasing the Lord?
This is none of your business just do as God has directed and let God do the judging.
tpia:

in parts of Nigeria, the "first fruits" i.e first salary, gets offered to the parents or whoever raised the person.

thats what someone told me.

That means these set of people are more important than God.

Be wise.

[b][/b]DONT ANALYSIS THE DIRECTIVES OF GOD OR YOU BECOME PARALYSED.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 1:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
benedictac:

Dont try to apply wisdom when it come to God's word. If He says pay your tithe so that it will not be tight for you it is for your own good. If He says give your first fruit it is for your own good. So doing He will drive devourer for your sake. Dont apply wisdom in God's words bcoz He uses the foolish things of this world to shame the wise.

The Bible says the natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to undersetand them bcoz they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor. 2:14.

NOW
First fruits is your very first income if you just got that job. It is not yours but God.

It is your very first month of the year (January) income ( either as a salary earner or business man).

And again, in case your salary is increased the difference in the salary is also your first fruit.

God does not make mistakes when He speaks. When He said bring to my house that there may be food in my store house He didnt miss the words.
This is none of your business just do as God has directed and let God do the judging.
That means these set of people are more important than God.

Be wise.

[b][/b]DONT ANALYSIS THE DIRECTIVES OF GOD OR YOU BECOME PARALYSED.
You just displayed a very weak knowledge / understanding of the bible and demonstrated the weakness of your faith in christ Jesus. Did christ or the apostles preach any of the rubbish you stated above (cos being a christian means following his teachings and not old testament traditions) even in the old testament money was NEVER used to pay first fruit/ tithes. Bringing out certain aspects of the over 600 mosaic laws and twisting them to suit the greed and thirst for filthy lucre of a so called pastor is plain evil. Why don't pastors encourage burnt offerings today, or why aren't people stoned to death for certain sins anymore? truth be told these pastors are just picking/ choosing and twisitng what suits them in the old testament and bringing it into christianityafter the apostles have clearly told us that as christians we are not under the mosaic laws. HEBREW 7: 11-18
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by coolruler(m): 1:35pm On Feb 24, 2009
Well Kunle,
I had a lengthy discussion with my Pastor on the issue and this is his defense:

1. God established the Laws (tithe, ten commandments, offerings, sacrifices,e.t.c) for the physical and spiritual well-being of the Israelites of the old testament.

2. The Old Testament was defective, hence the need for a New Testament.

3. Jesus came, not to erase the law, but to fulfil it.

4. It follows from 3 above, that the law was binding on Jesus in his time, so it is equally binding on all Christians of today

5.  By virtue of believing Jesus Christ, we have become part and parcel of the Children of Israel, albeit spiritually

6. Therefore, all relevant laws  that applied in the old testament(tithe, ten commandments, offerings, sacrifices,e.t.c) equally applies to us today.

7. The long and short of all these? I have to obey the Law of Firstfruits, if I am not to suffer the visit of the Devourer.

Oh, and I'm to keep away from "spiritual rebels" like you  grin
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by fatherab1: 1:36pm On Feb 24, 2009
My dear poster,
From your inputs on this thread, i realized you are very sincere.
My advice for you is not to mind all those who have no important thing to say to you but just want to excercise their freedom of speech rights.

Now to begin with, Firstfruits has so many scriptural backings. One straight-foward verse is  Ezekiel 44:30 ''And the first of all the firstfruits of all things, and every oblation of all, of every sort of your oblations, shall be the priest's: ye shall also give unto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house''.
Now the issue is firstfruit is a covenant practice. Being purely a covenant affair makes it an individual decision. It is a practice of those who wish to tread great waters in all aspect of life.

My first job was a N40k monthly stuff. I gave the firstfruit (everything) but i spread it over some months. Do you know that the time i paid the last coin, I got a N120k job in the same Lagos. That is how i have been moving upward at an unusual speed since then. Gen 50:5 ''Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.''

Besides all these, there is an inner fulfilment when men of God who are making great impact enjoy your money, when they eat of your sweat. Especially those of them who have little or no supports. The same quality and quantity of reward a person gets for doing God's work is the same you will get in making it possible for him to do that work.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 1:45pm On Feb 24, 2009
coolruler:

Well Kunle,

1. God established the Laws (tithe, ten commandments, offerings, sacrifices,e.t.c) for the physical and spiritual well-being of the Israelites of the old testament.

4. It follows from 3 above, that the law was binding on Jesus in his time, so it is equally binding on all Christians of today

5. By virtue of believing Jesus Christ, we have become part and parcel of the Children of Israel, albeit spiritually

6. Therefore, all relevant laws that applied in the old testament(tithe, ten commandments, offerings, sacrifices,e.t.c) equally applies to us today.
7. The long and short of all these? I have to obey the Law of Firstfruits, if I am not to suffer the visit of the Devourer.

Oh, and I'm to keep away from "spiritual rebels" like you grin
So how many of the old testament laws are you keeping today? in case you don't know there are over 600 of them you can read the books of leviticus and deuteronomy to find a list of them. How come it is only the laws of giving to pastors/churches that are being dug out of the old testament today. what happened to the laws of burnt and sacrificial offerings? don't you smell a rat?

anyway to help you further i would post variuos scriptures that establishes that as christians we are not under the law. Christ came to fufill the purpose of the law which was to put people right with God. In effect to be right with God chirst is all you need and not to fufill the laws which is virtually impossible to keep today.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by debosky(m): 1:51pm On Feb 24, 2009
coolruler:

Well Kunle,

5.  By virtue of believing Jesus Christ, we have become part and parcel of the Children of Israel, albeit spiritually

6. Therefore, all relevant laws  that applied in the old testament(tithe, ten commandments, offerings, sacrifices,e.t.c) equally applies to us today.

Oh, and I'm to keep away from "spiritual rebels" like you  grin

I hope you take your heave offering, sacrifice of doves and lambs and other sacrifices to Jerusalem. I hope you visit the temple in Jerusalem to worship daily. I definitely hope that whenever you do anything unclean, you stay outside the camp till you are clean. And I hope you also practice an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. I also hope you tithe the cumin as well.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by debosky(m): 1:56pm On Feb 24, 2009
Jesus was subject to the laws of the old testament, because, till he died, the principles of the new birth had not begun.

We have a clear guide in the new testament about how the church lived - we are warned not to imbue JEWISH traditions into our faith. If not, Circumcision would be required for non-Jews.

@ father ab

Your blessings are true, but not because of the 'first fruits' principle as such. God blesses heart-felt covenant giving, regardless of what name it is called.

The new testament says

2 Corinthians 9:7 "So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver"

"[b]Give, and it will be given to you: [/b]good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you" (Luke 6:38).

Anyone saying it is a 'necessity' to give 'first fruits' is deceiving you. Purpose in YOUR heart to give, and God will reward you - don't do it grudgingly or out of guilt.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by benedictac(f): 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2009
KunleOshob:

You just displayed a very weak knowledge / understanding of the bible and demonstrated the weakness of your faith in Christ Jesus. Did Christ or the apostles preach any of the rubbish you stated above (cos being a christian means following his teachings and not old testament traditions) even in the old testament money was NEVER used to pay first fruit/ tithes. Bringing out certain aspects of the over 600 mosaic laws and twisting them to suit the greed and thirst for filthy lucre of a so called pastor is plain evil. Why don't pastors encourage burnt offerings today, or why aren't people stoned to death for certain sins anymore? truth be told these pastors are just picking/ choosing and twisitng what suits them in the old testament and bringing it into christianityafter the apostles have clearly told us that as christians we are not under the mosaic laws. HEBREW 7: 11-18

Kunle,
Thank God that i have a very weak knowledge/understanding of the Bible and that is why by His grace i am still in faith for Him to strengthen me. I dont want to be the PHARISEES meaning (Too far to see) and the SADDUCEE meaning (To sad to see). i will never apply wisdom to His directives.

Anyway, for whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope. Rom. 15:4
And remember Jesus did not come to erase the law but to fulfil it.

Be wise Kunle.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by segyemaro(m): 2:07pm On Feb 24, 2009
pls my brother,dont be decieved by anybody.You have your Bible sa your guide because i never believed in any of this rubbish. may be if i carry shit for a living,i will take some piece for my dear pastor to eat or keep in his bed room.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 2:13pm On Feb 24, 2009
@coolruler
Please take time to read through all the scriptures posted below would be glad to explain further if need be  cheesy

Romans 10:4:
4 For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given.[a] As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.

Hebrews 7:11-18:

11If therefore perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron?
  12For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.   13For He of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
  14For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
  15And this is yet far more evident when there ariseth another priest according to the similitude of Melchizedek,
  16who is made not according to the law of a carnal commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.
  17For He testifieth: "Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."  
 18For there is verily an annulling of the former commandment because of the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

Galatians 3
The Law and Faith in Christ

1 Oh, foolish Galatians! Who has cast an evil spell on you? For the meaning of Jesus Christ’s death was made as clear to you as if you had seen a picture of his death on the cross. 2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by obeying the law of Moses? Of course not! You received the Spirit because you believed the message you heard about Christ. 3 How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? 4 Have you experienced so much for nothing? Surely it was not in vain, was it?

5 I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ.

6 In the same way, “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” 7 The real children of Abraham, then, are those who put their faith in God.

8 What’s more, the Scriptures looked forward to this time when God would declare the Gentiles to be righteous because of their faith. God proclaimed this good news to Abraham long ago when he said, “All nations will be blessed through you.” 9 So all who put their faith in Christ share the same blessing Abraham received because of his faith.

10 But those who depend on the law to make them right with God are under his curse, for the Scriptures say, “Cursed is everyone who does not observe and obey all the commands that are written in God’s Book of the Law.” 11 So it is clear that no one can be made right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.” 12 This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, “It is through obeying the law that a person has life.”

13[b] But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law.[/b] When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”[g] 14 Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised[h] Holy Spirit through faith.

The Law and God’s Promise

15 Dear brothers and sisters,[i] here’s an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or amend an irrevocable agreement, so it is in this case. 16 God gave the promises to Abraham and his child.[j] And notice that the Scripture doesn’t say “to his children,[k]” as if it meant many descendants. Rather, it says “to his child”—and that, of course, means Christ. 17 This is what I am trying to say: The agreement God made with Abraham could not be canceled 430 years later when God gave the law to Moses. God would be breaking his promise. 18 For if the inheritance could be received by keeping the law, then it would not be the result of accepting God’s promise. But God graciously gave it to Abraham as a promise.

19 Why, then, was the law given? It was given alongside the promise to show people their sins. But the law was designed to last only until the coming of the child who was promised. God gave his law through angels to Moses, who was the mediator between God and the people. 20 Now a mediator is helpful if more than one party must reach an agreement. But God, who is one, did not use a mediator when he gave his promise to Abraham.

21 Is there a conflict, then, between God’s law and God’s promises? Absolutely not! If the law could give us new life, we could be made right with God by obeying it.
22 But the Scriptures declare that we are all prisoners of sin, so we receive God’s promise of freedom only by believing in Jesus Christ.

God’s Children through Faith

23[b] Before the way of faith in Christ was available to us, we were placed under guard by the law. We were kept in protective custody, so to speak, until the way of faith was revealed.

24 Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. 25 And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian.[/b]

26 For you are all children[m] of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes.[n] 28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile,[o] slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children[p] of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you.

Galatians 5
Freedom in Christ

1 So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law.

2 Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you. 3 I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses. 4[b] For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace.[/b]
  5 But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us. 6 For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.

7 You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth? 8 It certainly isn’t God, for he is the one who called you to freedom. 9 This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough! 10 I am trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you.

11 Dear brothers and sisters, if I were still preaching that you must be circumcised—as some say I do—why am I still being persecuted? If I were no longer preaching salvation through the cross of Christ, no one would be offended. 12 I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves.

13 For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. 14 For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by oluwdashmi(f): 2:19pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ poster

First fruit is true although optional. It is the whole of a new income in your life minus 10% which is the tithe. it does not necessarily be salary, some farmers do theirs with their farm production. Also, you can decide to pay your first fruits periodically, it could be your first income every year, every 2 years, every half year and so on (this is btw you and your God).

@kunle

Do you read the old testament at all? If you do, then you must practice somethings in it. If the old testament is not to be practiced, we would have been told to ignore it and it wouldn't have been compiled with the new testament. Remember that Jesus came to amend the old testament, not to abolish it.

Be careful the way you interprete the bible. Churches are what they are today cos everyone wants to twist the bible to his own taste and comfort. Everyone wants to apply man's/fleshy knowledge to the things of the spirit.

Ask the Holy Spirit for interpretation after reading any passage and be calm, expect him to speak and he will do so cos that is his work.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 2:29pm On Feb 24, 2009
oluwdashmi:

@kunle
Do you read the old testament at all? If you do, then you must practice somethings in it. If the old testament is not to be practiced, we would have been told to ignore it and it wouldn't have been compiled with the new testament. Remember that Jesus came to amend the old testament, not to abolish it.

Be careful the way you interprete the bible. Churches are what they are today cos everyone wants to twist the bible to his own taste and comfort. Everyone wants to apply man's/fleshy knowledge to the things of the spirit.

Ask the Holy Spirit for interpretation after reading any passage and be calm, expect him to speak and he will do so cos that is his work.

Please read my last previous post on this topic with regards to the obsolete laws of the old testament and what apostle paul had to say about them and our christian lives, if you have any questions after that i would be glad to answer  cheesy
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by benedictac(f): 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2009
oluwdashmi:

[color=#000099

@kunle

[/color]

Thank you tell Kunle for me oh.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by Image123(m): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Givers never lack

Lackers never give

Some funny person will soon tell me that i've been fed with lies all my life,watch out
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 2:39pm On Feb 24, 2009
@benedicta
The bible encourages us to proof and verify all things, unfortunately these days christians are too lazy and would rather depend on what pastor says forgetting the pastor is just a man like any other man and could twist scripture to suit his whims as well. any way just go and study your bible well and set your self free from this bondage as Paul directed in Galatians 3 & 5.

People truly perish for lack of knowledge  angry
Study and the truth shall set you free  tongue
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by KunleOshob(m): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2009
Image123:

Givers never lack

Lackers never give

Some funny person will soon tell me that i've been fed with lies all my life,watch out
Christian giving as directed by christ and the apostles is purely about giving to the poor and needy around us and not enriching some so called men of God. So as christians we should give but the emphasis should be on the poor and not the church. even church offerings is meant to be distributed to the needy but your pastors won't tell you that.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by tpia: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2009
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by SirJohn(m): 2:48pm On Feb 24, 2009
father ab:

My dear poster,
From your inputs on this thread, i realized you are very sincere.
My advice for you is not to mind all those who have no important thing to say to you but just want to excercise their freedom of speech rights.

Now to begin with, Firstfruits has so many scriptural backings. One straight-foward verse is  Ezekiel 44:30 ''And the first of all the firstfruits of all things, and every oblation of all, of every sort of your oblations, shall be the priest's: ye shall also give unto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house''.
Now the issue is firstfruit is a covenant practice. Being purely a covenant affair makes it an individual decision. It is a practice of those who wish to tread great waters in all aspect of life.

My first job was a N40k monthly stuff. I gave the firstfruit (everything) but i spread it over some months. Do you know that the time i paid the last coin, I got a N120k job in the same Lagos. That is how i have been moving upward at an unusual speed since then. Gen 50:5 ''Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.''

Besides all these, there is an inner fulfilment when men of God who are making great impact enjoy your money, when they eat of your sweat. Especially those of them who have little or no supports. The same quality and quantity of reward a person gets for doing God's work is the same you will get in making it possible for him to do that work.

Ignorant gullible sheeple tongue tongue tongue
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by segyemaro(m): 2:55pm On Feb 24, 2009
my brother Kunle,you are always in my mind,i hope these people gets to read their Bible and know what is exactly in for them.
Re: What's This About Firstfruits? by MrCrackles(m): 3:10pm On Feb 24, 2009
Topic

Your Pastor and highway robbers are pretty much the same apart from the fact the latter carry guns!

Deprive him of the sharp suit, big mansion and flashy cars

Give yourself a chance to own some sharp suits, big mansion and flashy cars

Dont allow yourself to be brainwashed
! tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Will We Experience Time In Heaven? / Cain's Wife - Where Did He Get Her? / God Wants Me To Kill My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.