Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? (1410 Views)

Late Aisha Omoge Campus’ Kids To Remain In Canada For Now / Would You Support Government's Regulation Of The Number Of Kids You Can Have? / 6 Things Married Couples Always Let Go Of To Remain Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by Virginkpekus(f): 10:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
No advert nothing, yet it stays on top

Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by odiereke(m): 10:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
It's because of its consistency in quality and standard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by Nigga44: 10:16pm On Apr 10, 2016
Because govt refuses to give others right to import/produce sugar, thereby creating a monopoly for the 'same guy' that is controlling almost every sector in this nation undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by Flexherbal(m): 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
This sugar has been there since the days of our fathers.
Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by Kimoni: 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nigga44:
Because govt refuses to give others right to import/produce sugar, thereby creating a monopoly for the 'same guy' that is controlling almost every sector in this nation undecided

Spot on! But in recent times, Flour Mills and a few others have managed to penetrate the market...lets see how it plays out
Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by ClassCaptain(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
This sugar ehn
Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by itstpia8: 11:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nigga44:
Because govt refuses to give others right to import/produce sugar, thereby creating a monopoly for the 'same guy' that is controlling almost every sector in this nation :-

not true I think.

There are other brands of sugar.
Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by itstpia8: 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by naijathings(m): 4:13am On Apr 11, 2016
odiereke:
It's because of its consistency in quality and standard.

consisten.... what ?
standard ?
in this country where Standards Organization of Nigeria is as dead as a cursed tree ?

back then, you only need two cubes of St Louis sugar to drink a bowl of garri or Oat meal but now u have to almost use the top layer before u get the taste of sugar in a small cup of tea.

back then, Milo was crunchy and the whole tin of milo would solidify if u left it open for 30 mins. now it is total bullsh!t beverage.

back then, if you make tea in a big bowl for the whole family, u don't need to go inside to call anyone to come and drink it because the smell of the tea will wake any body up. what do we have now? Peak milk of 2016 is tasting like Cowbell of 2010.

and all this plenty writing is just for tea alone, I think nairaland would need a new server if we all start to talk about low standard of everything in Nigeria, how everything is reduced in size and quality instead of improving compared to what we used to have.

furking sad country.

6 Likes

Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by janefarms2015: 9:23am On Apr 11, 2016
I remember in d early 80s, mum used to send me to buy a packet of this brand of sugar for 14 kobo, the day the 'egun' woman told me it has risen to 65 kobo, I was surprised and kept wondering throughout the day, kobo not naira, I'm not mistaking! Now I don't even know d retail price bcs iv stopped eating sugar
Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by mystiqueDZ(f): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2016
I don't know but I just bought one this morning.... grin grin
Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
It has survived cuz of GARRI!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: How Has St. Louis Sugar Managed To Remain The Number One Sugar Brand In Nigeria? by Kimoni: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2016
Alb305:
It has survived cuz of GARRI!!! grin

Hahaha nice one!

(1) (Reply)

11m For One Night With Your Wife, Would You Accept? / Help! My Husband Is A Useless Man / Use My HD Vision Night Driving Glasses And Drive At Night With Ease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.