Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Sincere Questions To Muslims - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Sincere Questions To Muslims (1901 Views)

Questions To Ask About Ponzi?????? / 4 Questions To Ask Before Investing In Real Estate In 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 9:47am On Jun 17, 2015
"Muslims believe in all the messengers and the books revealed to them...and that Muhammad is the final prophet, it doesn't where the original Bible is, it's not my obligation to use it, we have quran now which is the final testament"
The statement above made by a fellow NL provoked the questions below. Now I perceive not all muslims may agree with the statement credited to a fellow muslim hence in answering, kindly state if the speaker was right or wrong.

1. The OT and NT were off shoots of the promise made to Abraham and were prophesied ahead of time. How come the final testament is bereft of the faintest jot of reference by these books revealed? And has no reference to the framework- God's promise to Abraham?

2. Since God is not the author of confusion, why was the New Covenant called Everlasting Covenant? especially if there was to be another?

3. Both testaments, Old and New, were ratified by blood. By what was the final testament ratified?

4. The last prophet was as Israel/the Church knows them, was John the baptist whose coming was clearly (expressedly) prophesied and his birth as such was attested to by angel Gabriel; mother, father and all Israel testified of his ministry and were witnesses. Whence a final prophet in the books? And why the deafening silence by the books? And this prophet testified that Jesus Christ was greater than himself and would baptise with the Spirit, why does the final prophet equate Christ with the same man and those in his class? Who was right?

5. Most of the prophets and Moses prophesied of Jesus Christ and those gifted with that office today still point to Him. Why then was this absent in the final prophet's teachings?

6. All prophets were inspired and they spoke by the Holy Spirit; the Word of the Lord came to them. Why the sudden change and substitution of the Holy Spirit by an angel?

7. If Mohammed had come in the inter-testament period,perhaps some of my questions would be unnecessary. But for one who came about 5+ centuries after and reiterated similar laws after the pattern of the OT's laws (with some differences) after God had clearly said He was going to make a New Covenant, NOT ACCORDING TO THE OLD, and He had already perfected same through Christ, the claims of such an one suggests that God later reversed His own words (Impossible!). How do you explain or clarify this?
8.The person quoted said the Quran is the final testament and that he is under NO OBLIGATION to refer to any other Book, is this in accordance to the teaching in the Quran?
I gain nothing arguing with you but, on a forum where we have many informed readers/ contributors on both sides who will gain therefrom, answers will be appreciated.

Regards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by dotmanxp(m): 10:01am On Jun 17, 2015
I wish you goodluck in your quest
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2015
Thanks a bunch; see it's not fair to make a verdict without a fair hearing being granted.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Anas09: 11:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
Satan has done a really good job by fusing twisted Biblical concepts into the koran. And this is boxed into them from age Zero so that, it takes Christ alone to flush off their head.
I went early to church for Mid-week service. I was having a discussion with someone, when this guy walked up to us and asked to see the pastor. The pastor was not yet around. We asked to help. He said, he was a Muslim, but he didn't understand why anytime he is in the Mosque he hears a voice that tells him to leave this place and go to church.
He said, it all started in Saudi Arabia when Him and his Father went to Saudi. Right inside the Mosque, he heard that voice, he was confused he looked up to see who spoke, but everyone was praying. They were there for three weeks, anytime he closed his eyes, he'd saw himself in a gathering singing and dancing. He had never been into any church before. When they came back to Nigeria. He could no longer pray, he won't go to the Mosque again. His behavoiur towards issues became softened without being preached to. His wives noticed the difference but he couldn't trust them to tell them. The voice came back asking him to go to church, he said one day it was so clear like a man talking to his friend, so he had to ask back, which church? He said he heard Winners. He never knew what that meant. He walks passed churches never cared with their names. So he went out and asked a woman he met on the way, where Winners was, he was directed to a winners cHapel church close by. He said he couldn't go on being a Muslim, it took him a long time to make up his mind and he was ready for what ever his family wll do to him.
He had been so scared of his father, because he is very wealthy and influential and can have him killed. But then he was ready for anything. About his wives, he said they will have to go. He will remain with his first wife only.
Well. I had mixed feelings. I know how Muslims hate Bishop Oyedepo, I felt he came to infiltrate in oder to bring in a bomb easily into the congrgation. But we listened to him, waited until the pastor came. We handed him over to the pastor who is also born and raised in the North. Praise God, he is baptized and still coming.
So, its Christs alone that can bring these people out of the grip of Satan.
Let's keep praying for them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
Another question: Which came first? The Hijab or Islam? In other words, did Arab women use the Hijab before Islam or they wear it now because Islamic teachings command it?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Yet another question inspired by lexiconkabirr's fp thread:

Since Muslims believe God gave David the psalms which emphatically admonishes the use of singing and use of musical instruments (even Jesus sang a hymn and God gave Moses a song to teach Israel), why the sudden prohibition of music?
Besides, if all music has satan as its source, who then isnpired David?
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by alBHAGDADI: 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:

Since Muslims believe God gave David the psalms which emphatically admonishes the use of singing and use of musical instruments (even Jesus sang a hymn and God gave Moses a song to teach Israel), why the sudden prohibition of music?
Rilwayne001 and the Islamic horde won't answer this kind of questions
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Rilwayne001: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Rilway.ne001 and the Islamic horde won't answer this kind of questions

The issue of music is still being debated among Muslim scholars. So, that lexicokabir's school of thought deem it as haraam doesn't mean all Muslim do. As for me, i don't really see anything bad in good music passing good message to people or praising the name of God. The bad ones are the ones that i deem has haraam. So you'd rather call him to answer this and not me because i don't subscribe to his views on this.

Please let me enjoy this 'fura' and 'nunu' that I'm drinking. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by alBHAGDADI: 3:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
Rilwayne001:

The issue of music is still being debated among Muslim scholars. So that lexicokabir's school of thought deem it as haraam does mean all Muslim do. As for me, i don't really see anything bad in good music passing good message to people or praising the name of God. The bad ones are the ones that i deem has haraam. So you'd rather call him to answer this and not me because i don't subscribe to his views on this.

Please let me enjoy this 'fura' and 'nunu' that I'm drinking. undecided
But you have Wizkid's music on your phone na. grin
Anyway, I called your attention mainly for the other questions raised in this thread.

Enjoy your fura de nunu, but make sure those Fulani herdsmen don't brainwash you into their own form of terrorism o
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Empiree: 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:

Islam DEFINITELY does not endorse this modern music. You can at least say these songs are inspIred by shaytan. I'm not talking about those you highlighted above. You can NEVER compare the one above with Rihanna, Wizkid, Maria, 50 cent you name them. The later involve sexual lyrics, adult contents....you name it.

The later is what I believe Islam condemned.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2016
Empiree:
Islam DEFINITELY does not endorse this modern music. You can at least say these songs are inspIred by shaytan. I'm not talking about those you highlighted above. You can NEVER compare the one above with Rihanna, Wizkid, Maria, 50 cent you name them. The later involve sexual lyrics, adult contents....you name it.

The later is what I believe Islam condemned.
Of course all songs promoting lewdness and crime are condemned. My question was as it concerns lexiconkabir saying that all songs (sans differentiation) and use of musical instrument were condemned.

In any case, I believe your positions are clear. However, I would have liked one that shares that belief with lexiconkabir(on grounds he/she considers authentic) to answer that question.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:

why is the OT no longer a source for Christianity today?

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Empiree: 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
Of course all songs promoting lewdness and crime are condemned. My question was as it concerns lexiconkabir saying that all songs (sans differentiation) and use of musical instrument were condemned.

In any case, I believe your positions are clear. However, I would have liked one that shares that belief with lexiconkabir(on grounds he/she considers authentic) to answer that question.
Well, over to him.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Empiree: 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Good question
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Can you be more explicit and perhaps give references?
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
Can you be more explicit and perhaps give references?

do you still apply the mosaic law?

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

do you still apply the mosaic law?

Bear in mind that it was not just a set of laws in a vacuum; they were TERMS OF A COVENANT. And Law tells me that a covenant (similar to a contractual agreement) is annulled when one of the parties breach the terms exactly what Israel did. This much did God declare in Jeremiah 31:31-33 after much patience, where He revealed the New COVENANT.

But mind you, the Mosaic law was a combination of moral, ceremonial(ritualistic) and civic law. The last 2 were there because Israel was to be Theocratic (unlike today) hence their constitutional and cultural practices was given by God and those were not without a meaning / essence eg the Passover pointing to Jesus.

The first is timeless, describes God's nature and was fulfilled by Jesus Christ and is still being fulfilled today in those that truly believe Him.

Besides, God did not repeal His promise to Abraham that in His Seed ALL the nations, not just the ones that had the first benefit, were going to be blessed, when He gave the TERMS of the Old Covenant. There is Divine timing and the OT was meant to continue till when God's time for that promise comes.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:

Bear in mind that it was not just a set of laws in a vacuum; they were TERMS OF A COVENANT. And Law tells me that a covenant (similar to a contractual agreement) is annulled when one of the parties breach the terms exactly what Israel did. This much did God declare in Jeremiah 31:31-33 after much patience, where He revealed the New COVENANT.

new covenant different from the other right?
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

new covenant different from the other right?
Kindly go through the update to that quote.^^
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
Kindly go through the update to that quote.^^

I just need a yes or no, do you apply the mosaic law?
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 7:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I just need a yes or no, do you apply the mosaic law?
What is the mosaic law?
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
What is the mosaic law?

i should be asking you that, you have it in your Bible.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

i should be asking you that, you have it in your Bible.
Then go back to this analysis below and let your question be specific:

It's just like somebody asking me, "do you follow the act of parliament?'' My question will be which? and in respect to what?

Scholar8200:

But mind you, the Mosaic law was a combination of moral, ceremonial(ritualistic) and civic law. The last 2 were there because Israel was to be Theocratic (unlike today) hence their constitutional and cultural practices was given by God and those were not without a meaning / essence eg the Passover pointing to Jesus.
The first is timeless, describes God's nature and was fulfilled by Jesus Christ and is still being fulfilled today in those that truly believe Him.
Besides, God did not repeal His promise to Abraham that in His Seed ALL the nations, not just the ones that had the first benefit, were going to be blessed, when He gave the TERMS of the Old Covenant. There is Divine timing and the OT was meant to continue till when God's time for that promise comes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:
What is the mosaic law?

i wouldn't want to waste my time here, Christians don't stone to death for adultery, Christian men don't leave their homes when their wives are menstruating, they don't Make animal sacrifice, you dont see pig meat as forbidden.

or do you?
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2016
lexiconkabir:

i wouldn't want to waste my time here, Christians don't stone to death for adultery, Christian men don't leave their homes when their wives are menstruating, they don't Make animal sacrifice, you dont see pig meat as forbidden.

In order not to waste time, why not answer my question that brought you here?

Well for the points you raised:

1. That's because the Gentiles are not under a Theocracy(hence we do not enforce judgment on offenders, the Govt does) however, Israel was. Besides, Jesus taught that the Law (notice that the Sermon on the Mount dwelt on the moral aspect ALONE) categorised the one that fantasized on women and those involved in the very act of adultery as the same, whence the justice in stoning when you are just as guilty? Only a conscience-less person would attempt that.The real essence of the Law when truly interpreted was to bring man to God as the ONLY one that could justify man before Him.

2. As regards menses, that was a ceremonial/cultural situation. If you dont believe kindly show where death was to be the punishment for the husband who didnt. That is one of the ways to know when a portion is ceremonial or moral.

3. Animal sacrifice were part of the ceremonial and did not originate from Moses' law but Abel and he did same by faith. Faith realising that man's acceptance with God had to be accomplished by a Substitute viz He that was referred to in Genesis 3:15 after the fall.

4. As regards pork, that was another ceremonial/cultural matter for Israel as a nation. The meaning of the ceremonial practices given by God was understood. Jesus also clarified this when He said only that which comes out of a man defiles him. Mark 7:14-23

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by sonofthunder: 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
I would have loved for the Muslims to address the op.

2 Likes

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Empiree: 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
Scholar8200:

In order not to waste time, why not answer my question that brought you here?

Well for the points you raised:

1. That's because the Gentiles are not under a Theocracy(hence we do not enforce judgment on offenders, the Govt does) however, Israel was. Besides, Jesus taught that the Law (notice that the Sermon on the Mount dwelt on the moral aspect ALONE) categorised the one that fantasized on women and those involved in the very act of adultery as the same, whence the justice in stoning when you are just as guilty? Only a conscience-less person would attempt that.The real essence of the Law when truly interpreted was to bring man to God as the ONLY one that could justify man before Him.

Bolded has lots of implications. I think thats what Christians mean by "let he without sin cast stone". Who is without sin?. If govt is to apply this to act of terrorism, then, govt would not be able to enact law for terrorism bcus themselves are terror. Or bcus police are human (sinful) they should not arrest crime offenders. The list goes on and on. So your so illogical.

Fact is, Christians have abandoned God's Law. Jesus NEVER EVER abolished Old Laws.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by Scholar8200(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2016
Empiree:
Bolded has lots of implications. I think thats what Christians mean by "let he without sin cast stone". Who is without sin?. If govt is to apply this to act of terrorism, then, govt would not be able to enact law for terrorism bcus themselves are terror. Or bcus police are human (sinful) they should not arrest crime offenders. The list goes on and on. So your so illogical.

Fact is, Christians have abandoned God's Law. Jesus NEVER EVER abolished Old Laws.
your opinion is noted.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by alBHAGDADI: 8:29am On Dec 17, 2016
sonofthunder:
I would have loved for the Muslims to address the op.
Exactly!

But lexiconkabir rilwayne001 and Empire have all been avoiding it by using their usual diversionary tactics.

This simply means they can't. If they could, it will only render them exposing Islam's barbarism and archaic thinking.
Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by alBHAGDADI: 8:41am On Dec 17, 2016
Empiree:

Christians didn't abandon God's law. It has now been written in our hearts.

Hebrews 10:16

"This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

As for government law enforcement agencies, those do not belong to God, so they can enforce their own laws. You have forgotten the essence of the sin in the garden of Eden. Man dumped God and decided to rule himself. That's why we have man made laws and government. It is those laws mankind has been following. Those laws permit to lock up someone in jail for offending you.

But Christians follow the new laws of God which late written in their hearts, not on paper. This law includes forgiveness, love and peace. That is why a true Christian will hardly drag you to court. We settle our disputes in the congregation as advised by Apostle Paul.

1 Corinthians 6:1

If any of you has a dispute with another, do you dare to take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the Lord's people?

I think you guys should address the OP instead of attacking the messenger

1 Like

Re: Sincere Questions To Muslims by sonofthunder: 5:43am On Dec 18, 2016
still waiting

(1) (Reply)

Invest In My Business And Get 40% Roi.(pictures Attached) / We Buy All Valid Gift Cards And Bitcoin At Good Rates / Don't Open This If You Dont These PRODUCTS And TOOLS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.