Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach (1586 Views)

Nigerians Blast Ghanaian Man Who Said Anthony Joshua Is From Ghana / Nigerians Blast DSTV For Not Showing Nigeria Vs Senegal Friendly Match / Egyptian Judoka Loses To Israeli, Refuses To Shake Hands (photo/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by robosky02(m): 12:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
Edwin Okon, coach of the Super Falcons has come under fierce criticism after his unprofessional attitude following his team’s 1-0 loss to the United States at the ongoing Womens World Cup in Canada.

An Abby Wambach volley seconds before half-time earned USA a 1-0 victory over Nigeria in Vancouver, sending the Americans through as Group D winners and Nigerians home.

After the game, Okon refused to shake hands with US coach Jill Ellis and immediately got a backlash from football fans across the globe especially Nigerians who were grossly disappointed by his action.

Reacting on Twitter, Omono wrote: “Edwin Okon did a very unprofessional and immature act of ignoring Jill Ellis’ handshake. That’s why Nigeria will never grow.”

Lolade Adewuyi, Goal.com Nigeria editor was more critical of Okon’s action. “This coach Edwin Okon really fooled himself in front of the whole world. @thenff must learn not to employ misfits,” he wrote, adding that, “Edwin Okon, in typical #NGA fashion, blames the loss to #USA on the referee. Piss poor attitude.”

Why is this uncivilised Edwin Okon disgracing Nigeria this much? Refused to shake hands with U.S Coach. "No handshake", he told her.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/17/nigerians-blast-edwin-okon-for-refusing-to-shake-us-coach/

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by demmy0325(m): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2015
That man really has some self-esteem issues... And its obvious he infectd d team with him.... 4rm his uneccessary knackin his head on the floor to this one again.. I see no reason y he shudnt shake the US coach... I wonder if those NFF do screenin b4 dey employ ds coaches sef....

We really nid change in this country... E tire me..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by robosky02(m): 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
okon finished the flop NFF started..........

no friendlies, no good preparation. and okon killed it off
Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by nerodenero: 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
All he knows how to do is shout. Olodo lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by robosky02(m): 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
demmy0325:

We really nid change in this country... E tire me..

yes we really need a big change not this okon type
Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by demmy0325(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
robosky02:

yes we really need a big change not this okon type
... A technical sound and professional coach wud av at least get to the semis with that team.. Potentials are really dying in ds country..
Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by ArchEnemy(m): 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
Lol
'No handshake' As if it's the coach that told his girls to lose

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by robosky02(m): 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
demmy0325:
... A technical sound and professional coach wud av at least get to the semis with that team.. Potentials are really dying in ds country..

exactly we should have won the firs two game. if the coach(es) knew thier onions

how can opponets you know you will face since 6 months ago. you are telling us you dont know anything about them. meanwhile they studied your game and caged your key players

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
Why the fuss? He was frustrated, how many times do coaches in the premier league refuse to shake hands, its not a big deal fire him because he blows at coaching not this cuz this is nothing. In fact im still annoyed with the ref and u could see the US bench egging her to give cards for basic tackles so if im Okon im not happy we got cheated all through this tournament granted Okon's poor coaching didn't help but i still have a bad taste in my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by Segadem(m): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
"For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing,deceiveth himself"
Galatians 6:3
Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by Orkpekyandega(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2015
If I were coach Edwin Okon I would have done worse than that. How do you expect me to have a hand shake of peace with those white dudes? When it was so glaring that every body was against us? Abi na only after de match FIFA or person de know peace? iiiiiiiiissssshhhhh. Some people here did not even watch the Super Falcons matches but are so quick to rush to Nairaland to bash the coaches any rime they see a thread on them. So so annoying. USA played 14 women against the Super Falcons; their 1st eleven, the croud and the referee (i.e The Corrupt FIFA). The referee was simply partial. Look at the way and manner she (Ref) threatened Ngozi Okobi when she tackled a US player lightly. She still went ahead and awarded the yellow card; She was just against Nigeria. I am suprised that uptil now so many ignorant and e-righteous and religious Nigerians in their normal hypocrisis are criticizing Coach Edwin Okon for refusing to have a hand shake with the US Coach, na by force?
How many of us called FIFA to order when our able right back Njoku was given a heavy ban of 3 matches and fine for a wrong/foul that so many players have committed and gone scout free? What about the case of Ogenyi Onazi during the 2014 FIFA world Cup in Brazil? What did FIFA do? I congratulate our coach for telling the referee, FIFA and the entire world that he was not please with the unfair officiating between the Super Falcons and the US WOMEN national team. Let it be on record that a Nigerian had the courage to do that. If Nigerians were this righteous, most of the problems that our economy has faced would have been in existence. Lets call our call all our past governors to release the monies they have stolen so that salaries will be paid and stop venting unnecessary anger on people that don't deserve it.
I refuse to accept racial abuse from the whites in any form it might come.
#Stop e-RighteousnessItWon'tHelpUs#
Qoute and condem me if you think you are righteous and can control your temperament in a situation like this better than Coach Edwin Okon.
Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by Krasid(m): 10:55am On Jun 18, 2015
What he did was very immature.What a disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
If I were coach Edwin Okon I would have done worse than that. How do you expect me to have a hand shake of peace with those white dudes? When it was so glaring that every body was against us? Abi na only after de match FIFA or person de know peace? iiiiiiiiissssshhhhh. Some people here did not even watch the Super Falcons matches but are so quick to rush to Nairaland to bash the coaches any rime they see a thread on them. So so annoying. USA played 14 women against the Super Falcons; their 1st eleven, the croud and the referee (i.e The Corrupt FIFA). The referee was simply partial. Look at the way and manner she (Ref) threatened Ngozi Okobi when she tackled a US player lightly. She still went ahead and awarded the yellow card; She was just against Nigeria. I am suprised that uptil now so many ignorant and e-righteous and religious Nigerians in their normal hypocrisis are criticizing Coach Edwin Okon for refusing to have a hand shake with the US Coach, na by force?
How many of us called FIFA to order when our able right back Njoku was given a heavy ban of 3 matches and fine for a wrong/foul that so many players have committed and gone scout free? What about the case of Ogenyi Onazi during the 2014 FIFA world Cup in Brazil? What did FIFA do? I congratulate our coach for telling the referee, FIFA and the entire world that he was not please with the unfair officiating between the Super Falcons and the US WOMEN national team. Let it be on record that a Nigerian had the courage to do that. If Nigerians were this righteous, most of the problems that our economy has faced would have been in existence. Lets call our call all our past governors to release the monies they have stolen so that salaries will be paid and stop venting unnecessary anger on people that don't deserve it.
Qoute and condem me if you think you are righteous and can control your temperament in a situation like this better than Coach Edwin Okon.
Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by joxxy01(m): 7:59am On Jun 19, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
u have a point, but to be realistic this coach is just a wak tactically
Re: Nigerians Blast Edwin Okon For Refusing To Shake US Coach by Duru1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2015
robosky02:

Edwin Okon, coach of the Super Falcons has come under fierce criticism after his unprofessional attitude following his team’s 1-0 loss to the United States at the ongoing Womens World Cup in Canada.

An Abby Wambach volley seconds before half-time earned USA a 1-0 victory over Nigeria in Vancouver, sending the Americans through as Group D winners and Nigerians home.

After the game, Okon refused to shake hands with US coach Jill Ellis and immediately got a backlash from football fans across the globe especially Nigerians who were grossly disappointed by his action.

Reacting on Twitter, Omono wrote: “Edwin Okon did a very unprofessional and immature act of ignoring Jill Ellis’ handshake. That’s why Nigeria will never grow.”

Lolade Adewuyi, Goal.com Nigeria editor was more critical of Okon’s action. “This coach Edwin Okon really fooled himself in front of the whole world. @thenff must learn not to employ misfits,” he wrote, adding that, “Edwin Okon, in typical #NGA fashion, blames the loss to #USA on the referee. Piss poor attitude.”

Why is this uncivilised Edwin Okon disgracing Nigeria this much? Refused to shake hands with U.S Coach. "No handshake", he told her.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/06/17/nigerians-blast-edwin-okon-for-refusing-to-shake-us-coach/

These dumbass Nigerians should have been talked or written more on the discriminatory officiating of matches involving Nigerians teams by the European and American referees than Okon's handshake or lack thereof.

(1) (Reply)

Today's Match Prediction Is Here.. For Free Checkout.. / Free Games From A Vip Group(football Business) / Surefixedmatch.com Is A Real Scam Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.