Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,296 members, 7,957,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. (13960 Views)

Zakari Abubakar Creates A Steam Power Plant That Uses Sawdust To Fire Boiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Gablo500(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
stobery:
$800m?
That's chicken change dude Invest more money
Say...$900trillion
Kai I love ur spirit Just make money Den u can also invest chicken change say 999+1 trillion pounds. God bless u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by tsdarkside(m): 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
hmmm...buhari still dont understand,we have to abandon white-people...white-people are mediocre...look their population,,this is not much...we have to start thinking like the chinese...think gigantic...

build coal-plants...for that money,we can have 10 coal-plants,that generate a lot of jobs...heavens... angry angry angry
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by fairheven: 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
AfricanGod2:
He should take it to Anambra or Enugu. Abia has shown by the people they've voted into power that they're not ready for development. The 141mw plant he already built the useless Abia government can't help him get it started.
why u dey drink panadol for another's headache?
There is a difference btw "Abia government" an" Abia people"
The project is not meant for a particular government in power but for the pple of. Abian an Nigeria at large

1 Like

Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by fairheven: 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
EMANY01:

Believe me if he plays it right, he will make Dangote look like a pauper.Imagine being a majority supplier of power to a population of 170 million people.In ten years if he continues on this trajectory , he will be far bigger than Dangote .

He is well positioned for it when you consider , the timing in our National evolution,market need,his pedigree,and market/public perception or should i say goodwill.

Energy is something that politics can't restrain, not for long anyway, if he builds a number of 1000+ MW plants all over the SS , SE (thats where the fuel is:gas , coal ) and then perhaps Kogi state (coal) with these new partnerships and relationships he is building with GE,and other power majors the next decade will be transformational .
Power (electricity) has always had the potential to be a bigger business than petroleum(baring petroleum exports).
I will be watching his progress keenly.

An who cares if he the richest man. .u think he wants to be the richest? I don't think so
The problem with Dangote's wealth is thus..he is like one-eye man in the midst of blind pple,going by the level of poverty in the North. But is a different scenario in the Eeast,wat we have there are huge middle-class (probably the highest in Nigeria) whose combined wealth is more than that of Dangote an that's why we have less prevalence rate of poverty in south-east
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by EMANY01(m): 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2015
fairheven:

An who cares if he the richest man. .u think he wants to be the richest? I don't think so
The problem with Dangote's wealth is thus..he is like one-eye man in the midst of blind pple,going by the level of poverty in the North. But is a different scenario in the Eeast,wat we have there are huge middle-class (probably the highest in Nigeria) whose combined wealth is more than that of Dangote an that's why we have less prevalence rate of poverty in south-east

Absolutely agree with you.I would rather have a million+ individuals from the SE + SS valued at a hundred million dollars than two or three five or even ten individuals getting so big to join the continents richest or world richest list.That would never benefit us.
I was just making a point about the potential of the track it appears the Professor is set on.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by ocelot2006(m): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
matimaticle:
Why build a huge capacity power plant that we not be ready till 2019? Build small capacity plant that will be ready on time and put others in phases. We need immediate solution.

And this is the problem with Nigerians. Even if they decide to build small power plants as you demand, do you think it's some off_the_shelf plug&play product? It takes time to design, construct, and Commision a power plant.
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by Trippledots(m): 11:20pm On Jul 16, 2020
2020 don de end oh, we still no de see light. To buy fuel sef take power gen don be problem.

Who go settle this matter na? Where the 1Mw power station ohhhh...hold up hold am for sky?!
Re: Geometric Power, GE To Build 1,080 MW Plant In Nigeria - Reuters. by adexolu: 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2021
[ab

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Having Troubles With An Airtel 4g-mifi / UNN Student Develops Amateur Rocket Propellant (photo) / Www.whatsapp.com - Download Whatsapp Messenger, Whatsapp Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.