Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote (532 Views)

Chelsea 3 - 1 Arsenal (Chelsea's stronghold on Arsenal at the Bridge continues) / I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote / Dangote Reiterate Desire To Buy Arsenal FC (transcript And Audio) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote by Barselonia(m): 4:48am On Jun 18, 2015
Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote insists that soon he will
have ‘enough time and enough resources’ to buy Arsenal
football club, whatever the price.
Dangote, 58, is Africa’s richest man having amassed a
fortune in the region of $18.4 billion (£12.2 billion). He is
currently the 67th richest man in the world.
He first spoke of his interest in purchasing the Gunners last
month when he admitted that ‘one day’ he hoped to buy the
club, adding that he ‘already knew’ his strategy to take
them forward.
That day may arrive sooner than first expected, with
Dangote telling the BBC Tuesday that completion of his
proposed oil refinery in Nigeria will provide the funds
necessary to launch a takeover of the club.
“When we get this refinery on track, I will have enough time
and enough resources to pay what they are asking for,” he
told BBC Hausa.
“There were a couple of us who were rushing to buy, and we
thought with the prices then, the people who were interested
in selling were trying to go for a kill,” Dangote continued.
“We backtracked, because we were very busy doing other
things, especially our industrialisation.”
“They are doing well, but they need another strategic
direction,” he added. “They need more direction than the
current situation, where they just develop players and sell
them.”
Stan Kroenke is Arsenal’s majority shareholder, with the
American owning 66.64% of the club’s parent company,
Arsenal Holdings plc.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/i-am-ready-to-buy-arsenal-at-whatever-price-dangote/

cc ishilove lalasticlala
Re: I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote by enoqueen: 5:12am On Jun 18, 2015
Make him no try am o.
Re: I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote by GboyegaD(m): 5:23am On Jun 18, 2015
It's about his vision and I'm sure if he works hard towards it, he will attain it.
Re: I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote by absoluteSuccess: 5:48am On Jun 18, 2015
If someone did not start Asenal as a baby club and nurture it to grow, it wont have attain this pedestal. STOP IMPORTED CRAVINGS, NURTURE THE NEXT ARSENA RIGHT HERE. CALL IT ARENA FC IF IT HELPS.
Re: I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote by muhsin393(m): 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
grin ;Dhe wnt to be d first nigerian to own a club....lol
Re: I Am Ready To Buy Arsenal At ‘whatever Price’ — Dangote by ogemdiicyprian2(m): 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
Instead of using the money to facilitate Nigerian football, or even construct football field that will be of the fullest standard here in Niger,.. Then he is trying to purchase a club so that he will be known...

#thats why Nigeria football isn't growing...
#sucks

sad

(1) (Reply)

Mikel Will Play At Al Ain Next Season — Ghana Star, Gyan / Can We Still Have A Squad Like This? / LVG Unsure On Di Maria Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.