Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. (61291 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / Korea DPR Vs Nigeria 3 - 0 :FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
I predict that the U17 women will get to the semi finals. Ajibade to be the player of the tournament. She is that good!

I watched England U17 women recent highlights on Youtube, and my world those girls are BIG, HUGEEEE. I think they will be easily beaten though.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by kilo4sure: 6:25am On Sep 26, 2016
olapluto:
I predict that the U17 women will get to the semi finals. Ajibade to be the player of the tournament. She is that good!

I watched England U17 women recent highlights on Youtube, and my world those girls are BIG, HUGEEEE. I think they will be easily beaten though.
Don't be so sure, we continually played against local sides and had no grade A top friendly. But still my hope is that we don't just get to the semis but win this cup.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 7:19am On Sep 26, 2016
olapluto:

i will be happy if they get to the semifinal or even win the cup
yes ajibade is that good,i even want her to join the falconet camp after this tournament

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 7:22am On Sep 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

Don't be so sure, we continually played against local sides and had no grade A top friendly. But still my hope is that we don't just get to the semis but win this cup.
i agreed with you, the nff Bleep up big time
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 7:24am On Sep 26, 2016
lakesidepapa:

I'm still trying to figure out who she's.
there is no information about her at all
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 10:52am On Sep 26, 2016
kilo4sure:

At U17 level, it is a bit easier to predict. The girls are quite raw and you will that matches are mostly determined by the most technical sides.
Also, I think for the first time in a long time, we are going to an U17 tournament with a very good goalie.
If we can avoid tactically enriched teams like Germany, France or Spain, then we can go very very far indeed.

Have the team left Nigeria yet? I just hope Panicky Pinnick's NFF wont put these young girls through HELL like they did for the olympics team. These are U17 girls, and they may be travelling so far for the first time in their lives. NFF needs to make things easy for them.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 6:35pm On Sep 26, 2016
enomakos:
there is no information about her at all

She's a silent player, we will knw her more if she's picked

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by lakesidepapa(m): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2016
olapluto:

At U17 level, it is a bit easier to predict. The girls are quite raw and you will that matches are mostly determined by the most technical sides.
Also, I think for the first time in a long time, we are going to an U17 tournament with a very good goalie.
If we can avoid tactically enriched teams like Germany, France or Spain, then we can go very very far indeed.

Have the team left Nigeria yet? I just hope Panicky Pinnick's NFF wont put these young girls through HELL like they did for the olympics team. These are U17 girls, and they may be travelling so far for the first time in their lives. NFF needs to make things easy for them.

What's the essence of going to a competition if we are afraid and avoiding some teams? This is U17 female world and the flamingoes is not a push over,,,,,,,,,,,,, some of the teams u mentioned up there may even be afraid of us.

We have been participating in this tourney for a very long time. tactical and technically wise, they will get it right.!

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2016
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 7:03pm On Sep 26, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
World Cup: We will give Nigerians good results, says Coach Nikyu
[/size]
By Georgina Bode

The head coach of National U-17 female team, Bala Nikyu, said on Saturday that the team would give Nigerians good results in the FIFA U-17 World Cup.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 5th FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup finals will hold from Sept.30 to Oct. 21 in Jordan.

Nikyu told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja that the team was ready for the World Cup.

“Apart from the aspect of playing ,they (players) are happy with everything around them, from their action and reaction ,they are ready and good to go.

“I don’t have problem with the level of fitness, what we are doing now is to work on little laspes like ‘corner kick, throwing , free kick,” he said.

The coach assured that the team would give Nigerians good results.
“We are hoping to give Nigerians good results. We are asking Nigerians to pray for us.

“Thank God that our matches will be played in the afternoon unlike in Costa Rica that our matches were played at three or four in the morning,” he said.

Nikyu said that the technical crew was working hard to ensure the team do Nigeria and Africa proud at the tournament.

“The technical officials are ready to reinforce the team, we find out that in the past, most African teams are out in the final quarter final ,we are set to break the record and go beyond that stage in this World cup,” the coach said.

According to Nikyu, i keep encouraging the players to put in their best and understand the benefits of winning for the country.

Captain of the U-17 team, also known as the Flamingos ,Rasheedat Ajibade, said the team would not disappoint Nigerians .

“I just want to tell my teammates to keep the fire burning , they should keep the spirit high.

“Nigerians should expect the best from us, We will make the nation proud and we will not let them down and they should believe in us,” she said.

NAN reports that the Flamingos will depart the country for Jordan on Sept. 26.

Nigeria is in the same group with Brazil ,England and Korea DPR, the 2008 champions.

Nigeria will play Brazil in her first match on Oct.1

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/2016-fifa-u-17-world-cup-will-give-nigerians-good-results-says-coach-nikyu/
[/b]
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 7:03am On Sep 27, 2016
[size=14pt]
Cameroon Expose Nigeria U17s First Opponents, Brazil, Ahead Of Independence Day Clash
[/size]

Nigeria’s first opponents at the 2016 FIFA U-17 Women’s World, Brazil, lost their last friendly match before the meeting against the African powerhouse at theKing Abdullah Stadium, Amman on October 1.

Lionesses U17 beat the South Americans 2-0 on Sunday, September 25, thanks to a second half brace from Flora Kameni.

Having thrashed hosts Jordan 7-0 last week, Brazil exhibited defensive frailties and lack of physicality against Cameroon.

Meanwhile, a llnigeriasoccer.com understands that the Nigerian U17 players and officials are off to the airport to board their flight to Jordan .
T

he Bala Nikyu - led side will tackle Brazil, England and North Korea in the group stage of the competition.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20573

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2016
[size=14pt]
FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2016
30 September - 21 October
[/size]
Group matches

Friday 30 September

30 Sep 2016 - 15:00Local Time
Group B
Al Hassan International Stadium
Irbid
Venezuela vs Germany
15:00

30 Sep 2016 - 17:00Local time
Group A
Amman International Stadium
Amman
Mexico vs New Zealand
17:00

30 Sep 2016 - 18:00Local time
Group B
Irbid
Cameroon vs Canada
18:00

30 Sep 2016 - 20:00Local time
Group A
Amman
Jordan vs Spain
20:00

Saturday 01 October
01 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group C
King Abdullah II International Stadium
Amman
[b]Nigeria vs Brazil

16:00

01 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group D
Prince Mohammed International Stadium
Al Zarqa
Ghana vs Japan

01 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group C
Amman
England vs Korea DPR
19:00

01 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group D
Al Zarqa
USA vs Paraguay

Monday 03 October
03 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group A
Irbid
Spain vs New Zealand

03 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group B
Amman
Venezuela vs Cameroon

03 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group A
Irbid
Jordan vs Mexico

03 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group B
Amman
Germany vs Canada

Tuesday 04 October
04 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group C
Al Zarqa
Nigeria vs England

04 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group D
Amman
USA vs Ghana

04 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group C
Al Zarqa
Brazil vs Korea DPR

04 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group D
Amman
Paraguay vs Japan

Friday 07 October
07 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group A
Al Zarqa
New Zealand vs Jordan

07 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group A
Amman
Spain vs Mexico

07 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group B
Amman
Canada vs Venezuela

07 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group B
Al Zarqa
Germany vs Cameroon

Saturday 08 October
08 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group C
Amman
Korea DPR vs Nigeria

08 Oct 2016 - 16:00Local time
Group C
Irbid
Brazil vs England

08 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group D
Amman
Japan vs USA

08 Oct 2016 - 19:00Local time
Group D
Irbid
Paraguay vs Ghana

www.fifa.com/u17womensworldcup/matches/
[/b]
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2016
justiz5:
[b][size=14pt]
Gent Star, Awelewa Doubtful For Falconets’ Camp
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:

Gent forward Valerie Awelewa is a major doubt for Nigeria's national women's U-20 team, the Falconets' camping in Nigeria as her Belgian school is threatening not to release her, Complesportsnigeria.com can report exclusively.

Awelewa who is one of the foreign based players named in the preliminary squad for the FIFA Women's U-20 World Cup also risk repeating a year in school if she opts to report to camp next week against the school's decision, it was also gathered.

The Nigeria Football Federation last Thursday sent a formal invitation to Awelewa's school, University College Limburg in Diepenbeek Belgium, seeking the release of the 19 year old Chemistry student.

But according to a close source, the school claim that the request came late, hence can't find a supervisor in the spate of five days to monitor her studies online while she's in camp in Nigeria.

"It's a bit tough now for Valerie because her school is playing hard ball in releasing her for camp," the source toldComple tesportsnigeria.com.

"I don't think she will make the list and if she's going to do so her school will have the final say."
www.completesportsnigeria.com/gent-star-awelewa-doubtful-falconets-camp/
[/b]
what if it was the belgium national team that invited her,they will have release her

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by hismail1(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2016
PHOTO: Our Flamingoes at the airport in Dubai. Jordan is final destination. #FlyNGAFlamingoes #U17WWC
Via - @thenff

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by hismail1(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hello Jordan! Nigeria’s Flamingoes are here. #FlyNGAFlamingoes #U17WWC

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by hismail1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2016
PHOTO-SHOOT: Check out our Flamingoes #FlyNGAFlamingoes #U17WWC

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by hismail1(m): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2016
PHOTO-SHOOT: Check out our Flamingoes Technical, Backroom Staff and Group Photo #FlyNGAFlamingoes #U17WWC

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by kilo4sure: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
hismail1:
PHOTO-SHOOT: Check out our Flamingoes k#FlyNGAFlamingoes #U17WWC
Wow l can say a lot of them really look the typical 16 year old, that's nice to see.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lovely photos. Waiting for FIFA's official version.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2016
Let's roll Flamingoes!!!! Brazil, we're coming for ya... Brazil's last friendly ended in a 0-2 defeat to Cameroon's U-17 girls...

In an earlier friendly match, Brazil beat hosts Jordan, 7-0.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by aylagos(m): 5:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
Agege girls will surely make me proud Agata and Esther

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
hismail1:
PHOTO-SHOOT: Check out our Flamingoes #FlyNGAFlamingoes #U17WWC
nice pic
thanks
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by enomakos(m): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
kilo4sure:

Wow l can say a lot of them really look the typical 16 year old, that's nice to see.
yeah you are right,they are really young
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by hismail1(m): 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
enomakos:
nice pic
thanks
You are welcome Sir
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
[size=14pt]
I am still surprised Rinsola Babjide of Millwall FC Ladies was not considered after putting up commanding performances a couple of months ago.
[/size]

Rinsola Babjide in action for Millwall Ladies FC

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Orkpekyandega(m): 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
[size=14pt]
I am still surprised Rinsola Babjide of Millwall FC Ladies was not considered after putting up commanding performances a couple of months ago.
[/size]

Rinsola Babjide in action for Millwall Ladies FC

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by kilo4sure: 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
justiz5:
[b][size=14pt]
Gent Star, Awelewa Doubtful For Falconets’ Camp
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:

Gent forward Valerie Awelewa is a major doubt for Nigeria's national women's U-20 team, the Falconets' camping in Nigeria as her Belgian school is threatening not to release her, Complesportsnigeria.com can report exclusively.

Awelewa who is one of the foreign based players named in the preliminary squad for the FIFA Women's U-20 World Cup also risk repeating a year in school if she opts to report to camp next week against the school's decision, it was also gathered.

The Nigeria Football Federation last Thursday sent a formal invitation to Awelewa's school, University College Limburg in Diepenbeek Belgium, seeking the release of the 19 year old Chemistry student.

But according to a close source, the school claim that the request came late, hence can't find a supervisor in the spate of five days to monitor her studies online while she's in camp in Nigeria.

"It's a bit tough now for Valerie because her school is playing hard ball in releasing her for camp," the source toldComple tesportsnigeria.com.

"I don't think she will make the list and if she's going to do so her school will have the final say."
www.completesportsnigeria.com/gent-star-awelewa-doubtful-falconets-camp/
[/b]
Now that Valerie is doubtful, can't Sophia take her place at least in a friendly? I hope the coach is not just taking her out simply because of her size. I believe a friendly game would be all that is needed to judge her performance. In any case, the final decision lies with the coach.
Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by justiz5(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Telecom Giants Zain Come To The Rescue Of Nigeria U17; Start Training 1730 Hours
[/size]

Kuwaiti telecommunications company Zain Group has come to the rescue of players and officials of Nigeria’s U17 Women’s National Team by providing the delegation with free SIM cards and power banks to charge their phones.

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that the Nigeria U17 girls had complained of difficulties reaching their loved ones back in Nigeria following their arrival in Amman on Tuesday.

Per the arrangement made by Fifa, the players have been paired in groups of two in their hotel rooms, while officials have been handed one room each.

The Flamingoes will have their first training session on Jordanian soil on Wednesday afternoon, starting from 1530 hours local time, which is 1730 hours in Nigeria, and the workout is scheduled to last for one hour.

Nigeria begin their campaign at the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup with a game against Brazil on October 1.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=20593
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by olapluto(m): 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
kilo4sure:

Now that Valerie is doubtful, can't Sophia take her place at least in a friendly? I hope the coach is not just taking her out simply because of her size. I believe a friendly game would be all that is needed to judge her performance. In any case, the final decision lies with the coach.
NO sir. Sophia is too lightweight for now.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by Danycrusoe(m): 5:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
if Courtney Dike could make it y CNT Sophia omidiji do so. Just bkos of her fragile stature, I bliv she should v been given a chance

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
Danycrusoe:
if Courtney Dike could make it y CNT Sophia omidiji do so. Just bkos of her fragile stature, I bliv she should v been given a chance
What chance? The coach has made his decision and it should be respected.

1 Like

Re: Falconets/Flamingoes Thread: 2018 FIFA U-20/U-17 Women's World Cup. by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
Courtney isn't like Sophia "physically" and you know it. The coaches know what they want...

Danycrusoe:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Who Looks Like Neymar. PICS / Picture Of Julius Aghahowa As A Businessman & Part-time Model / 8 Funny Nicknames Of Famous Nigerian Footballers And Their Origins (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.