Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,644 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting (6220 Views)

Three Ashra’s Of Ramadan And Their Duas / Muslim Clerics Fight During Quranic Graduation In Ogun State / If These Quranic Verses Are True, Then What Is The Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by Aminat508(f): 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Al-Qur’an:
"Ramadan is the (month) in which the Quran was sent down, as a guide to mankind and a clear guidance and judgment (so that mankind will distinguish from right and wrong).." (Q 2:183)

Oh you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you many learn piety and righteousness" (Q 2:183)

Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may attain taqwaa." (Q2:183)
The most honored by Allah amongst you are those best in taqwaa."(Q 49:13)

..And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew." (Q 2:184)

"Indeed We have revealed it (Qur'an) in the night of Power. And what will explain to you what the night of Power is? The night of Power is better than a thousand months. Therein descends the Angels and the Spirit (Jibreel) by Allah's permission, on every errand: (they say) "Peace" (continuously) till the rise of Morning!" (Q 97:1-5)

We sent it (this Qur'an) down on a blessed Night. Verily, We are ever warning (mankind of Our Torment). Therein (that Night) is decreed every matter of ordainment. Amran (i.e. a command or this Qur'an or His Decree of every matter) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending (the Messenger). (As) a Mercy from your Lord. Verily! He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower." (Ad-Dukhaan 44: 3-6)

Hadith

The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained." (Imam Bukhari) ...
Narrated Abu Huraira(r.a): The Messenger of Allah (saw) said:"... whoever fasts during Ramadan out of sincere faith and hoping to attain Allah's rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven." (Imam Bukhari).
The Messenger of Allah (saw) addressed his companions on the last day of Sha`ban, saying, "Oh people! A great month has come over you; a blessed month; a month in which is a night better than a thousand months; month in which Allah has made it compulsory upon you to fast by day, and voluntary to pray by night. Whoever draws nearer (to Allah) by performing any of the (optional) good deeds in (this month) shall receive the same reward as performing an obligatory deed at any other time, and whoever discharges an obligatory deed in (this month) shall receive the reward of performing seventy obligations at any other time. It is the month of patience, and the reward of patience is Heaven. It is the month of charity, and a month in which a believer's sustenance is increased. Whoever gives food to a fasting person to break his fast, shall have his sins forgiven, and he will be saved from the Fire of Hell, and he shall have the same reward as the fasting person, without his reward being diminished at all." [Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah]
Abu Said al-Khudri reported that the Messenger of Allah (saw), said: "No servant fasts on a day in the path of Allah except that Allah removes the hellfire seventy years further away from his face." This is related by "the group," except for Imam Abu Dawud.
`Abdullah ibn `Amr reported that the Messenger of Allah (saw), said: "The fast and the Qur'an are two intercessors for the servant of Allah on the Day of Resurrection. The fast will say: 'O Lord, I prevented him from his food and desires during the day. Let me intercede for him.' The Qur'an will say: 'I prevented him from sleeping at night. Let me intercede for him.' And their intercession will be accepted." [Imam Ahmad]
Abu Umamah reported: "I came to the Messenger of Allah (saw) and said: 'Order me to do a deed that will allow me to enter Paradise.' He said: 'Stick to fasting, as there is no equivalent to it.' Then I came to him again and he said: 'Stick to fasting."' [Imam Ahmad, Imam Nasa'i, and Imam Hakim].
Sahl ibn Sa'd reported that the Messenger of Allah (saw): "There is a gate to Paradise that is called ar-Rayyan. On the Day of Resurrection it will say: 'Where are those who fasted?' When the last [one] has passed through the gate, it will be locked." [Imam Bukh

Source:http://www.minhaj.org/english/tid/2954/Quranic-Verses-and-Hadith-on-the-Month-of-Ramadan-and-Fasting.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by agarawu23(m): 3:00am On Jun 19, 2015
nice one

May God answer our prayers during this holy month

8 Likes

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by adedayoleke90(m): 4:11am On Jun 19, 2015
May Almighty Allah accept our fasting as an act of I bad ah.........(Amen)

7 Likes

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by Omotayor123(f): 4:50am On Jun 19, 2015
Ramadan Kareem ore mi..

3 Likes

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by asumo12: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2015
Omotayor123:
Ramadan Kareem ore mi..

May Almighty Allah accept our fasting as an act of I bad ah.........(Ameen)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by Afzalsheikh: 8:42pm On May 07, 2020
Believe, Believe, for ALLAH is real and HE alone will grant you paradise, and for those who don”t believe the loss is your own.
Beautiful Islamic Quotes

3 Likes

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by iamoyindamola(m): 9:32am On May 08, 2020
Jazakumlah kairan

1 Like

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by money121(m): 9:33am On May 08, 2020
Aliamudulilahi

1 Like

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by ybalogs(m): 9:34am On May 08, 2020
Salaam alaekum my brothers and sisters. Ramadan Kareem wa Jumaat Mubarak.

2 Likes

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by kullozone(m): 9:38am On May 08, 2020
They'll start rushing to push long, boring Islamic threads to FP now...

Islamic Seunn...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by kingsvictor2: 9:38am On May 08, 2020
Ramadan for upcoming terrorists and almajiris
Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by kingsvictor2: 9:40am On May 08, 2020
adedayoleke90:
May Almighty Allah accept our fasting as an act of I bad ah.........(Amen)
as an act of bomb blast and terrorism

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by betterman22(m): 9:45am On May 08, 2020
tongue
Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by Teeboi56: 10:10am On May 08, 2020
Jazakumullahu khaera

1 Like

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by Tranquility4u: 10:16am On May 08, 2020
JazakAllahu Khairan

1 Like

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by seedorfg(m): 10:19am On May 08, 2020
Alhamdulilah for my life, and this and the next day...

Ramadan Kareem....!

1 Like

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by Craaaa: 10:25am On May 08, 2020
Morning to you all. In the name of Allah please help a brother. Since the lock down I have not been seeing things easy but Allah has been merciful. No amount is too small to feed me and my family. May Almighty Allah guide and bless us all.

Fcmb.

2 Likes

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by fortran12: 11:14am On May 08, 2020
IslamVIRGINS:
Quran (8:39)

"And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion is all for Allah"

Sahih Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

(Quran 44:14) yet they turned away from him and said: “This is a well-tutored madman.

Quran 8:12 "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve So strike above the necks and strike off every fingertip of theirs”?

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Number 298:

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to handle me . While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to
be in my periods (menses).

‘I (mohammed) put on her my shirt that she may wear the clothes of heaven, and I SLEPT with her in her coffin (grave) that I may lessen the pressure of the grave. She was the best of Allah’s creatures to me after Abu Talib’…

Yea i heard of it that he slept with his dead relative. Thats some necrophilia

1 Like

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by mrZENographer: 12:10pm On May 08, 2020
Without the sacrifice of the Blood of Jesus your sins cannot be washed away.

Since the days of Moses pbuh, God made BLOOD mandatory for the covering/cleansing of sin. There is no other way to be clean.

1 Like

Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by chuose2: 1:10pm On May 08, 2020
The greatest lie swallowed by Islam is the lie that Jesus was not crucified.

Yet it is written in the Old Testament that the Land that will be bought with the money used to betray Jesus will be cursed.

Psalm 69(KJV)
25 Let their habitation be desolate; and let none dwell in their tents.

26 For they persecute him whom thou hast smitten; and they talk to the grief of those whom thou hast wounded.

This is Fulfilled in the New Testament

Acts 1 (KJV)
16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of[b] David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
[/b]
17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

This Land still exists and is known by even Moslems to be cursed, thus proving that Jesus was crucified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMGPVX1sBFo

Stop believing the lie that Jesus was not crucified
Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by winj: 7:06pm On May 08, 2020
Anyone who still believes in a repugnant religion like Islam is nothing but a slave to terrorists and rapists!
Re: Quranic Verses And Hadith In The Month Of Ramadan And Fasting by Mouhstorph5(m): 11:03pm On May 08, 2020
winj:
Anyone who still believes in a repugnant religion like Islam is nothing but a slave to terrorists and rapists!

Well, opinions are personal though.

#LiveAndLetLive

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Allah Create The Women's Body And Made Them Apologize For It? / When Do We Recite Surat Al-kahf On Friday? / Does Being Cool Make You A Better Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.