Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? (816 Views)

Makeup Transformation Of New Olori Of Ikorodu Land(pics) / **odd Question** How Does Your Language Handle Logical Statements?(repost) / IGBO What Does This Name Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by Secrets11(m): 8:24am On Jun 19, 2015
Was listening to John obi Mikel on radio this morning and began to wonder the science that has helped how a naija-born and brought up to speaks like an oyinbo man. What is really the changing factor where your friend whom grew up in the hood travels out to an European country, stays for a couple of years and comes back with a different accent?. Is this forming or is this something that naturally happens?. But I have seen some whites living in Nigeria for a long time but have not lost their accent for ours......please what do you guys make of this trend?
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 19, 2015
Law of attraction in physics explain dat theory.
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by Pineapp: 9:43am On Jun 19, 2015
That's what makes us Nigerians .
Even me, the way I dream of Mexico these days,I might one day wake up speaking Spanish grin

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by tpiadotcom: 9:54am On Jun 19, 2015
Secrets11:
the science that has helped how a naija-born and brought up to speaks like an oyinbo man. What is really the changing factor where your friend whom grew up in the hood travels out to an European country, stays for a couple of years and comes back with a different accent?. Is this forming or is this something that naturally happens?. But I have seen some whites living in Nigeria for a long time but have not lost their accent for ours......please what do you guys make of this trend?

i've seen whites who speak nigerian fluently, what do you make of that?
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by tpiadotcom: 9:54am On Jun 19, 2015
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by Secrets11(m): 9:59am On Jun 19, 2015
tpiadotcom:

i've seen whites who speak nigerian fluently, what do you make of that?
that is not the issue....the issue here is losing your original accent. Lots of white speak our local dialects(igbo,yoruba,hausa,etc) fluently but they don't end up with our accent stuck to their brains.
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by tpiadotcom: 10:01am On Jun 19, 2015
Secrets11:
that is not the issue....the issue here is losing your original accent. Lots of white speak our local dialects(igbo,yoruba,hausa,etc) fluently but they don't end up with our accent stuck to their brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwlF2czzZ7M
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by Secrets11(m): 10:04am On Jun 19, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Law of attraction in physics explain dat theory.
expantiate and quote the law please
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by tpiadotcom: 10:04am On Jun 19, 2015
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by tpiadotcom: 10:05am On Jun 19, 2015
^^^^^^
Secrets11:
. . . .
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by Secrets11(m): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2015
Pineapp:
That's what makes us Nigerians .
Even me, the way I dream of Mexico these days,I might one day wake up speaking Spanish grin
grin grin grin
Re: Nairalander Please How Does This Transformation Take Place? by tpiadotcom: 10:08am On Jun 19, 2015
Pineapp:

is that your ambition?

(1) (Reply)

TRIBAL SUPERIORITY Complex(igbo ,yoruba,hausa Etc) / Uganda Celebrates Gay Pride: Is Uganda More Advanced Than Nigeria Now? / How A Kiss On The Cheek On Vacation In Hawaii Left Two Women In Jail And Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.