Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help (38703 Views)

"2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS / See How A Student Can Earn Money Without Affecting His Studies!!! / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by souljaboi51(m): 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
sanerugwei:

Breakfast is the first meal of the day. You eat your. Very heavy breakfast by 5/5:30am. That means you already broke the fast which started after your last meal of the previous day which was dinner or supper. So between 6am and 6pm when you guys eat again...what you are actually missing is just lunch which majority of the masses dont get to eat anyways... And maybe water in between.
So why the noise about fasting please.
Care to explain?
i tire o. like seriously. you have breakfast in the morning and some goat is saying the person would be weak like a pregnant woman. such comparism makes me sick angry
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by souljaboi51(m): 6:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
dotune:
Lol. So pple working like jackals in uk too are not fasting? She no like her work ni. if customers come to collect their clothes, I hope u will be able to explain to them that ur employee is fasting. Btw, what if the second guy too was fasting, it means u r in trouble.
If u like her so much, get someone to stand in for her throughout this period of fast. But make she doesn't come around to lounge in the name of fast.
Abi have u seen a teller in GTB for example saying she cannot pay people their money because she's fasting? I wonder ooo!
If we have the same attitude towards work like our oyinbos, Nigeria would have changed for better tay tay.
funny enough, in UK, the peeps here are fasting till 9pm because the sun sets around 9.30 pm. you dont hear them saying they are not going to work cos of that now. abeg some people are just using religion to cheat people. the girl clearly does not need the job
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Besto(m): 6:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
whirlwind7:
At normal times, how many hours per day does she work?
The best you can do is to reduce the hours she normally put in. If, for instance, she usually works from 10am till 6pm, have her resume by 10, and close by 2 or 3pm. Reduce her workload, but ensure that her duties for the allotted time are clearly mapped out for her.
If she still fails to perform, then she is being mischievous.

I have resided in Islamic countries during ramadan. What the government does is shorten the work time for businesses and companies by 2 or 3 hours during this period. BUT EVERYONE STILL WORK. BUSINESSES AND COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES DO NOT GRIND TO A HALT BECAUSE OF RAMADAN. People just take it easy because energy level is low.

The ball is in your court, bro. It's your business, and you have to decide how you want it to be run.

ur head dey dea... be like say na dubia u experience..
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by MrOlai: 7:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:
Open a laundry mart 3months ago with just 2 staff members. Despite our owning a big washing machine the laundry man's function is ironing,removing tough stains and operating the machine. The 2nd employee's task is to go deliver those clothes to clients,compliment the laundry man's job of manual removal of tough stains and reception work.

On tuesday evening,on my return for work took a detour to my shop only to see lots of clothes piled up unwashed!!the laundry man was trying frantically to remove the tough stains manually meanwhile the lady just sat down by the reception desk doing nothing!!

When I asked her why she was working or even gone to deliver clothes to clients her reply was...."i'm fasting"
In fury, I simply got my hands dirty and started doing the cleaning and delivery before I headed back home.

Pls NLders how do i deal with this? I feel i'm being "religiously backmailed" How should employers handle muslim employees who are fasting?

The OP is a bloody liar! He only posted this to garner sentiments against Islam and the muslims! It's unfortunate! Ramadan started Thursday not Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by nedu2000(m): 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
MrOlai:

The OP is a bloody liar! He only posted this to garner sentiments against Islam and the muslims! It's unfortunate! Ramadan started Thursday not Tuesday.
the girl is the liar,thats what she told me.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by souljaboi51(m): 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
nedu2000:
oga stop minding these yeye people jere. get a replacement if she is not ready to work. she cant hold you at ransom
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by rabbuy(m): 11:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
Chai so some peope stilll have joy...
Oga I for don sack am since or if I dey fast too make she no expect any alert at all.. Oh. Mstchww shoroniyen...
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by lovinam: 1:01am On Jun 21, 2015
Are you self employed? If you are then u need to some people are just there to ruin ur biz. The best thing is to let them go.
agarawu23:
just like that? I pray God should open your hrt . and your moniker says Godmode
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by mukhcech(m): 5:02am On Jun 21, 2015
Buh fasting did not commence until thursday and not tuesday NB no muslim in the world was fasting on tuesday(its like an abormination). So If u must, punish her for lying to you and or against islam. Don't punish her for being weak during fasting.

To those telling us how easy islamic fast is, it is not ur headache. Complexity of islam lies in its simplicity. To u is ur religion and to me is mine.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by sanerugwei: 6:45am On Jun 21, 2015
mukhcech:
Buh fasting did not commence until thursday and not tuesday NB no muslim in the world was fasting on tuesday(its like an abormination). So If u must, punish her for lying to you and or against islam. Don't punish her for being weak during fasting.

To those telling us how easy islamic fast is, it is not ur headache. Complexity of islam lies in its simplicity. To u is ur religion and to me is mine.

Pls don't complicate simple issues here. There is nothing complex about eating heavy breakfast and heavy diner plus lots of fruits at night. If you say you are fasting why do you have to eat breakFAST first which technically breaks the fast.
Most pple do that on a daily basis due to either work schedule or lack of money. Yet no noise is made. Infact most people hardly eat even breakfast because they leave home too early.
Let's not use religion to blackmail or intimidate others. What your are shouting and calling fasting most pple do it for health reasons just lose weight. Simplicity in ishlam....hmmm..that's a new one. Tell us more.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by numericalguy(m): 7:07am On Jun 21, 2015
The OP is a wicked and diabolical liar. He shot himself in the foot by claiming fasting started on Tuesday.

He also has a criminal mind because its boses like him that will run to the police station to tell lies about their apprentices when its time to settle their apprentices.

We have heard of cases where oga will refuse to settle their apprentices that have been serving them for years but will rather start telling lies that those apprentices stole millions from them. An apprentice that has been serving you never stole from you until when its time to settle him, you now ran to the police station to report that he stole millions from you while also bribing the police.

I wish I knew this young Muslim lady, I would personally tell her to resign from such an evil person because if he could come up with this terrible lie, he would definitely do worse next time.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by sanerugwei: 7:23am On Jun 21, 2015
numericalguy:
The OP is a wicked and diabolical liar. He shot himself in the foot by claiming fasting started on Tuesday.

He also has a criminal mind because its boses like him that will run to the police station to tell lies about their apprentices when its time to settle their apprentices.

We have heard of cases where oga will refuse to settle their apprentices that have been serving them for years but will rather start telling lies that those apprentices stole millions from them. An apprentice that has been serving you never stole from you until when its time to settle him, you now ran to the police station to report that he stole millions from you while also bribing the police.

I wish I knew this young Muslim lady, I would personally tell her to resign from such an evil person because if he could come up with this terrible lie, he would definitely do worse next time.

Stop being biased and bigoted... The OP said it was the girl that told him the lie. You can collect the girl number from the OP and advice her.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by numericalguy(m): 7:26am On Jun 21, 2015
The problem with all these anti-Islamic people like this evil and diabolical OP is that they are quick to drop their anti-Islamic sentiments when they need help from a Muslim.

OP, You hate Muslims employees but you don't hate the money your Muslim customers pay. Hypocrite.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by numericalguy(m): 7:36am On Jun 21, 2015
sanerugwei:

Stop being biased and bigoted... The OP said it was the girl that told him the lie. You can collect the girl number from the OP and advice her.

He needed to tell another lie to cover the first lie. But unfortunately, he fell flat on his face. I can understand your attempt to defend a fellow anti-Islamic partner. Its lame.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 21, 2015
gbenga4my:
Day 2 of fasting and she is already acting out ? What if she reaches day 15 guess she wud be sleeping all day @work.
It gets easier as time goes on, the body system adjusts to the changes.

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by sanerugwei: 7:51am On Jun 21, 2015
numericalguy:

He needed to tell another lie to cover the first lie. But unfortunately, he fell flat on his face. I can understand your attempt to defend a fellow anti-Islamic partner. Its lame.

You know who is lying and who is telling the truth because you were in the same boat with the girl and feels the need to defend her use of fake fast as excuse for laziness. You, my friend is already one of islam's worst enemy..not that you can make it worse than it is already anyways...but you are doing a great job.. So you need neither my help nor the OP's as perceived enemy. Dont drive civilization back to the stone age with your religious bigotry... Pls encourage hard work and free enterprise. Dont be more muslim than the Saudis. I dont claim to be holier than thou neither. So I am not more Catholic than the Pope...mbok.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by numericalguy(m): 8:21am On Jun 21, 2015
sanerugwei:

You know who is lying and who is telling the truth because you were in the same boat with the girl and feels the need to defend her use of fake fast as excuse for laziness. You, my friend is already one of islam's worst enemy..not that you can make it worse than it is already anyways...but you are doing a great job.. So you need neither my help nor the OP's as perceived enemy. Dont drive civilization back to the stone age with your religious bigotry... Pls encourage hard work and free enterprise. Dont be more muslim than the Saudis. I dont claim to be holier than thou neither. So I am not more Catholic than the Pope...mbok.

This is what you see when cows and retards like you and your anti-Islamic kinds like the OP come online.

The useless OP has a 2-man place of work and he's already feeling like a demigod. Whoever told him the young lady's destiny is in his hand. Let him go ahead and fire her and see how God will bless her with a better paying job in a better working environment. Has Adenuga sacked all the Muslims working for him? Dangote still hasn't sacked all the Christians working in his companies. Retards like you and your OP would never know that.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Gemc3(f): 8:42am On Jun 21, 2015
there are Muslims in my place of work. I have some as friends. And this is the first time I am hearing someone using fasting as an excuse not to work. It is not done. Some people sef when they fast you won't know. Yet they do their jobs. It is a spiritual thing. If you are true to your God, you won't use your religious activities to dodge work. Catholics fast during lent. Some pentecostal churches do it. People do it for personal reasons. Other Muslims are fasting without qualms. I have NEVER heard that work is put on hold because of fasting. BOSS, give that lady a query. If she does not sit up, u know what to do. You have a business to run. If na bank, she no go try that nonsense. She for sidon for haus na. Nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by sanerugwei: 8:45am On Jun 21, 2015
numericalguy:

This is what you see when cows and retards like you and your anti-Islamic kinds like the OP come online.

The useless OP has a 2-man place of work and he's already feeling like a demigod. Whoever told him the young lady's destiny is in his hand. Let him go ahead and fire her and see how God will bless her with a better paying job in a better working environment. Has Adenuga sacked all the Muslims working for him? Dangote still hasn't sacked all the Christians working in his companies. Retards like you and your OP would never know that.

Everything is not about you and your religion, neither will the world stand still because of some stone age thinking or practice. I wont degenerate to your level nor engage in abusive name calling with you. No... I wont dignify you with any more reponses. Let the peace of Jah lighten your burdens and grant you wisdom to see the light. God bless you.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by bedfordng(m): 9:04am On Jun 21, 2015
its not a big deal. Just sit her down and talk.you just ask her if she can still be able to carry out her duty during the ramadam.you will need to reduce the time she works because you won't like a situation where people will gather in your business environment with regards to one of your staff fented during work activities.so reduce the time she works but if she said she can't do anything at work, then its a different case entirely. No need sacking her, You will have to give her leave for the month and tell her to resume when she is ready
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by numericalguy(m): 9:39am On Jun 21, 2015
sanerugwei:

Everything is not about you and your religion, neither will the world stand still because of some stone age thinking or practice. I wont degenerate to your level nor engage in abusive name calling with you. No... I wont dignify you with any more reponses. Let the peace of Jah lighten your burdens and grant you wisdom to see the light. God bless you.

Its obviously clear to anyone reading this that you hate Muslims and like the OP, will always persecute Muslims at any given opportunity.

There are billions of fasting Muslims the world over that work diligently at their various place of work. But you and your kind will never see that but will quickly start saying rubbish about Muslims at any given opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Jennifer89(f): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
jaybee3:

Women are their own worst enemies

Can you not see the correlation between energy and physical demands?

It's obvious you didn't bother processing the information as stated hence your illogical comparison

Engage your brain dammit!

You should be the one to make use of ur disfigured brain.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by BOMANY: 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
nedu2000:

Then you are stupid enough to come back and complain bcoz of her fasting, better change it to her lies.
What have you done with her since you posted this zheet, did you fire her or even warned her?
I guess not any, bcoz you don't hv business, you are a jobless otherwise you have better things to do in ur measurable life than opening an opportunity to rebuke Muslims by shallow heads
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by nedu2000(m): 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
BOMANY:

Then you are stupid enough to come back and complain bcoz of her fasting, better change it to her lies.
What have you done with her since you posted this zheet, did you fire her or even warned her?
I guess not any, bcoz you don't hv business, you are a jobless otherwise you have better things to do in ur measurable life than opening an opportunity to rebuke Muslims by shallow heads

such a sadist too bad,but just incase ur in ibadan you can patronise me "recce laundry services".thanks,lolss
In terms of the lady her work ethic hasn't been the best prior to last tuesday,she'll leave by July enough time to find her replacement
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by numericalguy(m): 5:44am On Jun 22, 2015
nedu2000:
such a sadist too bad,but just incase ur in ibadan you can patronise me "recce laundry services".thanks,lolss
In terms of the lady her work ethic hasn't been the best prior to last tuesday,she'll leave by July enough time to find her replacement

I'm surprised you called the other person a sadist when you are the very definition of that word. And you dare to mention work ethics. You my friend is a very dangerous slave driver with a diabolical mind who would not hesitate to stoop low to tell lies on your employees. Aside from the fact that you hate Muslims, you are wicked and mean employer. You cunningly refused to tell us the time the lady stopped working which is the most important factor n this case.

Its past her closing time, why hasn't she closed from work? If you closed from your own work place between 5:00pm-5:30pm, and it took you about 30minutes to drive to your shop. In other words, what you are complaining happened around 6:00pm and you still expect her to be working vigorously. What time do your employees close from work? 8-9pm?

Her duties are as follows
1) She does the job of a receptionist
2) She assist the other man in removing stubborn stains
3) She does the job of a delivery-man
This lady does the job of three people and yet you got angry she wasn't washing your clothes anymore around 6pm when she should have closed. Yet you couldn't even let her close on time despite she said she was fasting.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by nedu2000(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2015
numericalguy:

I'm surprised you called the other person a sadist when you are the very definition of that word. And you dare to mention work ethics. You my friend is a very dangerous slave driver with a diabolical mind who would not hesitate to stoop low to tell lies on your employees. Aside from the fact that you hate Muslims, you are wicked and mean employer. You cunningly refused to tell us the time the lady stopped working which is the most important factor n this case.

Its past her closing time, why hasn't she closed from work? If you closed from your own work place between 5:00pm-5:30pm, and it took you about 30minutes to drive to your shop. In other words, what you are complaining happened around 6:00pm and you still expect her to be working vigorously. What time do your employees close from work? 8-9pm?

This lady does the job of three people and yet you got angry she wasn't washing your clothes anymore around 6pm when she should have closed. Yet you couldn't even let her close on time despite she said she was fasting.
an agreement was reached that work ends 5:30pm,agreement was reached abt her line of work. She wasn't forced.
Besides as stated earlier the business just opened recently,even the delivery is twice a week!!she's not a receptionist in a public hospital or a hotel customers aren't actually streaming in and in terms of helping the laundry man manually wash the collars/armpit areas she's paid seperately for that oh!!
So before you label me whatever or criticise me for slavery look at it clearly not from you point of view as Dangote's 1st son but with an open and clear mind. What else would I 'ave done or should've I done and still keep the business afloat?
Same way i've learnt to swallow insults is the same way i've had to endure her excesses over the past few months of her working here
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by nedu2000(m): 6:59am On Jun 22, 2015
numericalguy:

hate muslims ke,na wa for your conclusions oh.If I did I wouldn't 'ave a problem coming out straight,afterall nairaland is a faceless forum
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 22, 2015
Caseless:
you cant be so certain that I won't be better, bro.

Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by fpeter(f): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
Caseless:
treat them with care and love. Support them in times they need your support. Dont make it seem it is all about you and your business; put yourself in their shoe.
Since you have found the reason for her being slow in the discharge of her duty to be that she's fasting, just find a way to assist her or get someone to do that just for the month of fasting.
May God bless your business.

This is not right at all, you're being sentimental.....business is business,religion is religion....imagine if Muslim doctors and nurses were to go about being lazy simply because they're fasting As Christians we also fast but it doesn't interfere with our jobs and you know we don't even observe the early morning meal. In a disciplined and corporate environment,fasting is not an excuse not to do her job...the business is too young for such slackness. I suggest the OP should call her to order or pay her off and get someone willing and fit to work,whether Muslim or Christian but someone who values work.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by Caseless: 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
fpeter:

This is not right at all, you're being sentimental.....business is business,religion is religion....imagine if Muslim doctors and nurses were to go about being lazy simply because they're fasting As Christians we also fast but it doesn't interfere with our jobs and you know we don't even observe the early morning meal. In a disciplined and corporate environment,fasting is not an excuse not to do her job...the business is too young for such slackness. I suggest the OP should call her to order or pay her off and get someone willing and fit to work,whether Muslim or Christian but someone who values work.
I didn't disagree with you one bit.

I didn't support her being lazy. All I was doing there was to respond to a question on how to treat those fasting in this holy month. I think people misunderstood me.
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by abdulkabeerhay(m): 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good day to all NL be it muslim ir chrisrian. About the issue we all contribute well but in my own veiw we dont need to be conplicating the issue like am xtian and am a muslim. NO . the boss just need our advice. And thamk you boss for this you have done well. so on the issue all need to do is that before tge fasting started is she doing well before if no just note that and pls dont sack her during fasting if atall you want to sack her. pls let it be after fasting and after warning her. pls try to help her in this fasting for her saying that she was fasting. Thank you all
Re: Her Fasting Is Affecting My Business. Pls Help by numericalguy(m): 3:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
nedu2000:
an agreement was reached that work ends 5:30pm,agreement was reached abt her line of work. She wasn't forced.
Besides as stated earlier the business just opened recently,even the delivery is twice a week!!she's not a receptionist in a public hospital or a hotel customers aren't actually streaming in and in terms of helping the laundry man manually wash the collars/armpit areas she's paid seperately for that oh!!
So before you label me whatever or criticise me for slavery look at it clearly not from you point of view as Dangote's 1st son but with an open and clear mind. What else would I 'ave done or should've I done and still keep the business afloat?
Same way i've learnt to swallow insults is the same way i've had to endure her excesses over the past few months of her working here

You have a shop with just two employees and you are feeling like a lord. I wonder what gave you the imipression that her destiny is your hands. Shebi you have decided to fire her, go ahead and fire her and see how God will bless her with a better paying job in a better working environment. Dangote did not start his own company until the sons of Dantata kicked him out of their fathers company, now he can buy the Dantatas over and ever.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Bricklayer’s Explanation To Oil Price Fall, Naira Devaluation & Everything / Why Do Our Bank Charges Us N301 While Cbn Sell For Them At N199 Per Dollar / Prince Olisa, Arthur Eze’s Son Dedicates First Son (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.