Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? (513 Views)

Why Do I Lose Weight When I Eat More / The Main Reason Why People Lose Weight When They Stop Drinking Alcohol / Advice On How To Add Weight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by kay29000(m): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2015
This has always puzzled me, because I have been depressed the last couple of years, but one of my problems have always been looking for how to add some weight to my 6ft2 frame. But, you hear of white people gaining weight because of depression. Why is this so? Look at Kim Kardashian's brother for example; after Rita Ora cheated on him some years back, he became depressed. And he went from a good looking average sized man, to a fatso.

Re: Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by ammyluv2002(f): 11:25am On Jun 19, 2015
Honestly, I feel sorry for this guy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2015
If you have sense...?
Re: Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by kay29000(m): 11:35am On Jun 19, 2015
I also feel sorry for the guy...Can't his sisters help him out?
Re: Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by Crieff(m): 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2015
Well, when they get depressed, the are so many options to distract the mind with when it comes to food... Is it pastries or ice cream or donuts or yoghurt or cakes or wines or smoothies or beef or burger or all the decadent and stomach turning food you see on magazines and on tv while spaced out on the couch in front of an 55" tv

Do that for 3 weeks and you will become like him too.

Here in 9ja, when you are depressed, you won't eat until you get very very very hungry and then you come on Nairaland and see Ruqayat that gave her boss's savings away to a dupe and you laugh again and press on.
Re: Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by kay29000(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2015
Crieff:
Well, when they get depressed, the are so many options to distract the mind with when it comes to food... Is it pastries or ice cream or donuts or yoghurt or cakes or wines or smoothies or beef or burger or all the decadent and stomach turning food you see on magazines and on tv while spaced out on the couch in front of an 55" tv

Do that for 3 weeks and you will become like him too.

Here in 9ja, when you are depressed, you won't eat until you get very very very hungry and then you come on Nairaland and see Ruqayat that gave her boss's savings away to a dupe and you laugh again and press on.

lol! So true.
Re: Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by Contumely: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2015
It could be because of pills that boost mood. It helps in weight gain.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by kay29000(m): 1:51pm On Jun 19, 2015
Contumely:
It could be because of pills that boost mood. It helps in weight gain.

Hmm! Okay. Thanks for this.
Re: Why Do Some White People Add Weight When They Get Depressed? by eyinjuege: 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2015
Comfort eating

(1) (Reply)

Would You Like To Give Birth To Your Child In Canada? / Zambian Woman Gives Birth To Tufts Of Hair- Vanguard News / Is It True That Age Can Affect A Woman's Infertility?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.