Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit (762 Views)

Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? / Five Nigerian Pastors Make The List Of Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by enollywood(m): 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2015
Why on earth would a pastor ask for every virgin present in a church programme to come out?
I attended a vigil some few weeks ago where a pastor of a reputable church was invited to minister. He was doing this deliverance prayer thing, and when he got to the section of those looking for the fruit of the womb, he said what I counted as rubbish. He told those that fell in the category of fruitlessness to come out. After the women in this category came out, he further said every virgin present in the church to come out and surround those women and pray for them. What the Bleep? He overstepped his bond this time around. He realized that all the single youths in the church came out, even though he has warned those that were not virgins not to come out. He had no choice than to tell all the youths that came out to go back. Why would he reason that way in the first place? Even if all the youths in that gathering were virgins, does that guarantee they were saved in Christ?
My point here is that, some pastors don't use wisdom when they are on the pulpit. That is why we have pastors that make use of 'devilish incantations' to 'ginger' their audience to pray. Even though you are spirit-filled and anointed Pastor or minister of God, try and use wisdom. If you decide not to use the wisdom, then be ready to make mockery of yourself.

NB: Please the devilish incantations quoted is not referring to speaking in tongues. Some people are already bashing me, interpreting it as speaking in tongues. It refers to some incantations that are disguised to be good, but are not supposed to be uttered on the pulpit. Example, I can't write them in Yourba and difficult to transcribe to English. Abeg ooo
Re: How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by angieberry(f): 11:17pm On Jun 19, 2015
Okay, I was agreeing with you all along and was even laughing until you mentioned "devilish incantations"
Hope you weren't referring to speaking in tongues undecided

1 Like

Re: How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by izeeqpotter(m): 11:26pm On Jun 19, 2015
Agreeable
Re: How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by enollywood(m): 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2015
angieberry:
Okay, I was agreeing with you all along and was even laughing until you mentioned "devilish incantations"
Hope you weren't referring to speaking in tongues undecided
I'm not referring to speaking in tongues. If you're from my tribe (yoruba) you will understand. There are some incantations which I believe they are not of God, and we hear herbalists make these same incantations in nigerian home videos.
Re: How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by ipreach: 11:33pm On Jun 19, 2015
you don't know how to use your words, how can you refer speaking in tongues and ''devilish incantation'' ?

You have to be very careful...
Re: How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by enollywood(m): 11:38pm On Jun 19, 2015
ipreach:
you don't know how to use your words, how can you refer speaking in tongues and ''devilish incantation'' ?

You have to be very careful...
And who told you I was referring to speaking in tongues? Mr. ipreach, jeje o.
Re: How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by dulux07(m): 12:06am On Jun 20, 2015
I agree to a certain extent, but on d other hand d pastor might be led by d spirit to say that, so u dont xpect him to manipulate words.
Re: How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by enollywood(m): 12:19am On Jun 20, 2015
dulux07:
I agree to a certain extent, but on d other hand d pastor might be led by d spirit to say that, so u dont xpect him to manipulate words.
Led by the spirit you say? I sense canality. And was he expecting, the non-virgins to stay back? No; because some of the non-virgins are the hypocrites we have in today's church; sons and daughters of the pastors and church ministers. They won't want their parents to know they have been defiled.
Re: How Some Pastors Make Mockery Of Themselves On The Pulpit by dulux07(m): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2015
enollywood:
Led by the spirit you say? I sense canality. And was he expecting, the non-virgins to stay back? No; because some of the non-virgins are the hypocrites we have in today's church; sons and daughters of the pastors and church ministers. They won't want their parents to know they have been defiled.
True talk.

(1) (Reply)

Getting Paid As An Instrumentalist,how Good Is It / Religious Switching: Atheists Win, But Who Are The Biggest Losers By 2050? / Dr. Sign Fireman Interview In America --- The Truth!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.