Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? (2527 Views)

3 Things You Can Do With The Presence Of God / Benson Idahosa Boasts Of Raising The Dead (Video) / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by italo: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus has forgiven me already. So you now believe that I have to confess to Jesus, what happened to your priests? Are they no longer forgiving sins? undecided

"But why do you judge your brother? or why do you set at nought your brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ" (Romans 14:10).

I thank God that you or your priests are not my judge otherwise I would receive no mercy. And before you run off with the verse you quoted up there you should balance it up with other verses such as the one below so you can have a better understanding of who Peter, who you claim is your first Pope is talking about. Take note of the bolded in both verses.

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power; When He shall come to be glorified in His saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day" (2 Thessalonians 1:8-10).

"For if we judge ourselves, we should not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world" (1 Corinthians 11:31-32).

True Christians either judge themselves or are disciplined by the Lord. We are not judged together with the world because we have already been judged in Christ.

The Judgment seat of Christ (1 Cor. 3:11-15; 2 Cor. 5:10; Romans 14:10) is what I would describe as an award ceremony where rewards or loss of rewards for believers are being determined. A thousand years after this, those who did not know God will be brought before God's white throne of Judgment (Rev.20:11-15) to be judged according to their works (note that there are books and there is a book of life). Those whose names were not found in the book of life were judged according to their works. This should tell you that believers are not judged together with the unbelievers but receive either rewards or the works will be burnt by fire but they are saved.

The bible clearly says in those verses that everyone will face judgement.

But you're telling me that the Bible is lying abi?
Re: Do The Dead In Christ Immediately Go To The Presence Of God Or Not? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Jul 28, 2015
italo:

The bible clearly says in those verses that everyone will face judgement.

But you're telling me that the Bible is lying abi?

"As it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).

If you are born once you will die twice but if you are born twice you will die once. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About Speaking In Tongues And Holy Ghost Baptism... / Does Science Agree With The Bible? / Pictures Of Victims Of The Collapsed Church In Uyo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.