Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) (1228 Views)

The 6 Nigerians Who Helped England Win The U20 World Cup(pics And Bio) / More Than Half Of The England Team That Just Won The U20 World Cup Are Nigerians / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Fifa World Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) by robosky02(m): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
BRAZIL 1 - 2 SERBIA

In the end, a tournament full of surprises and late, late drama had a fitting conclusion. Serbia, playing in the FIFA U-20 World Cup for the first time as an independent nation, will leave as its champions. That is the remarkable outcome after an enthralling final day of action that thrilled a sell-out, 25,000-plus crowd at Auckland's North Harbour Stadium. Nemanja Maksimovic's decisive, 118th-minute goal settled the final 2-1 in favour of the delirious Serbians, and left five-time champions Brazil to settle for silver.

Mali will also return home with medals after edging an all-African third-place play-off with Senegal. That game's final tallies of four goals and two saved penalties give an indication, but only that, of the excitement and attacking football that both sides provided. Each head for home having provided fresh reminders of why they have been such favourites of the fans here in New Zealand. Mali's hero, Adama Traore, also headed the list of award-winners, picking up the adidas Golden Ball award as the tournament's best player. The Golden Glove and Golden Boot, recognising the leading keeper and top scorer, went to Serbia's Predrag Rajkovic and Viktor Kovalenko of Ukraine respectively.

Veljko Paunovic, Serbia coach
First and foremost, I want to thank our people and our country, and acknowledge the support we've had in New Zealand from all over the world. And I want to dedicate this trophy to my father, who passed away six months ago. This is for him. I also want to congratulate Brazil - a great team, an amazing team. They deserve to be have this trophy too. We have learned a lot from them and I want to really congratulate them for the amazing football they played today. Were we lucky? Yes, we were lucky. But you have to deserve your luck and we worked extremely hard. We are a team that plays as one and, in the end, I think the team that wanted most to win this trophy has won it. It will give us confidence for the future but we must continue building, and rebuilding, our football and our society.

Rogerio Micale, Brazil coach
It's hard to assess right now how we lost this match. But we were ahead in lots of aspects of the game, but in the most important - scoring goals - Serbia had one more than us. We must congratulate them for their victory because they are a really good team and you can see that they have been working together for a long time. We are disappointed not to have won the trophy, but I leave this World Cup with very good feelings about what we have done and how we have played. And these players are just starting. I hope they can do some great things for Brazil in the future, and I believe they can. I'm really proud to have worked with them and I congratulate them on their performances and their professionalism here in New Zealand.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/round=271592/match=300269523/quotes.html

Re: Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) by Jibreen4u(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
That was supposed to be Us, anyways.. Congratx
Re: Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) by nerodenero: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
No it wasn't suppose to be us. We didn't prepare to win as we only came to complete the numbers and left unceremoniously undecided
Jibreen4u:
That was supposed to be Us, anyways.. Congratx
Re: Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) by piicity(m): 1:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]sad,NFF SHOULD SELL MARNU GARBA
Re: Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) by oloriooko(m): 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
Wonderful!!!
Kudos to the Serbians they showed character and very high technical and tactical prowess in handling the marauding Brazilians
Congrats dudes!
Re: Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) by tuffgongjo(m): 12:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
piicity:
[color=#770077][/color]sad,NFF SHOULD SELL MARNU GARBA
Lol,to which trade oo?
Re: Serbia Beat Brazil To Wins FIFA U20 World Cup (plus All The Awards) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
hehehe. Is it just me or who else see Brazil slowly becoming like England??

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Merrybet Online Or Nairabet Which Is Better? / PHOTOS: Ronaldo And Messi's Rivalry Resumes / It's 20 Years Already, Atlanta 96 Nigeria Humbles Argentina, Brazil (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.