Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. (24186 Views)

5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy / Top 5 Ways To Make Money With Your Blog Without Adsense / 5 Ways To Drive Targeted Traffic With Your Next Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by liyahwillie(f): 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
Tattooboy:
having u been laughing too?

i found the site 8 years ago tru Google
seriously! U're a big fan then kudos
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kingsasian(m): 2:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kizmarty:

grin grin
why you dey cast me naa...lol
hahahahahahaha
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by AreaFada2: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
Google.

But didn't register for years.

Only took Nairaland seriously after Seun got rid of Nairalist. Despite many posts on NL asking why, Seun has kept a deafening silence.

#BringBackOurNAIRALIST.

Since Seun won't tell us what happened to Nairalist, maybe he cashed in to allow competitors take the space.

Hope it's not anti-competition things o.

When you don't get explanation, speculations follow. cheesy
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kingsasian:
hahahahahahaha
you wicked,I swear grin
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kingsasian(m): 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kizmarty:

you wicked,I swear
grin
I no wicked ooooooo lwkmd! At least if she no agree to your proposal here because of say I cast u then your Ghanaian babes dey to fall back to na....hahahahahahaha
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by hensben(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
I can't even remember how i got here
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kingsasian:
I no wicked ooooooo lwkmd! At least if she no agree to your proposal here because of say I cast u then your Ghanaian babes dey to fall back to na....hahahahahahaha

lol cheesy
so na who be that your missing rib? wink
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Emeka71(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
pinkycute:
Happy birthday to you nd you alone #Cheers wink

Yes thanks a lot
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kingsasian(m): 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kizmarty:

lol cheesy
so na who be that your missing rib? wink
KZ u wan start abi? You want me to mention names
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by mjames: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
Through friends searching for cheap vehicles
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
Years back, I used to write poems and post it on facebook. I always wondered whether Nigeria even had youths who wrote any poetry, since I had joined many foreign poetry forums. So a friend told me about Nairaland, and I joined. The ease of usage and the interface glued me; it was better than most of the foreign forums.

Well, there aren't so much poets as I expected from the hype Nairaland's poetry section got from my friend, but, then, I have met some awesome poets here, who have been a great influence to me.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kingsasian:
KZ u wan start abi? You want me to mention names

names?
Jesu! so dem plenty?
Oya start confessing
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Tval(m): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
hensben:
I can't even remember how i got here
Bro... I am still yet to be released. I was thinking you would call their attentions to the undeserved ban i was hit with.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
CrazyScientist:
I've lured alot of people on here grin

Lol. The third picture is an Al Pacino's quote.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by 9jatatafo(m): 2:32pm On Jun 20, 2015
G for google!
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kingsasian(m): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kizmarty:

names?
Jesu! so dem plenty?
Oya start confessing
so one person no fit bear up to three names? First name, middle and last even maiden sef? cheesy
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Swagk101(m): 2:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
uglyBetty1:
I entered Nairaland through a contract staff in my office. Then he does not have internet access in his laptop. He normally comes to my table to check his facebook and nairaland. One day, he left the nairaland page open and left. I just decided to check, and I have been addicted since then. Once am not too busy in the office, I will rush to nairaland and you will see me laugh sheepishly. That was way back in 2007 when I got my job newly. I have introduced nairaland to my husband, my sisters, my friends. I always check nairaland first in d morning to know Wenti dey shelle for naija.
U correct I swear
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by sandrannna(f): 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
Number 4 is the most viable of them all.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
You do not just appear on Nairaland by mistake and i am sure the below listed is one of the way you find yourself here
1. Google: I am very sure that most Nairaland members find themselves on this forum through Google. When people visit Google in the course of finding an answer to something, most often they are redirected to Nairaland to get the answers they want. And since they ussually get solutions to their problems here, they start to getting curious about the site: Nairaland.com... They stalk the site for some moment and when they find it interesting... They click on the Sign up button.

2. News: These set of people visit Nairaland just to get the latest news and information, they have been a guest for a long time without them even realizing it. They dont care about people's comment at first, but there will be a time when they will feel the need to comment on a thread, they they will know that they need Nairaland membership card for them to do that.. And that they get by signing up.

3. Friend: Just like facebook and any other social network, people sign up because of the need to do what their friends are doing. Some people find Nairaland so interesting that they tell there friends about it.. Luring others to sign up too.

4. Humour: What makes other social networks like Facebook, BBM and 2go boring at times is that it's not everytime you get to find something to laugh about, and it's not everytime you get to have your interesting friends online but that is not the case on Nairaland. There will always be something to laugh about and there will always be an interesting member online Nairaland never run out of newsfeed (thread) and no matter the kind of thread created, Nairaland members will dig through the funny side of it. Just what some people are looking for, so they Sign up.

5. Testing In the first place, some people do not really know what Nairaland is about. They just sign up because of reason not even known to them. But when they revisit, and they see peoples comments and different kind of personalities displayed on Nairaland make them roll on the floor laughing or make them turn serious because they find what they are seeing interesting and educating, they visit again, again and again till they start participating too. They become glued to the forum.

Other than the listed above, how did you find yourself on Nairaland, feel free to add yours
cc lalasticlala

The forum was much smaller when I joined. The trend as at then was free browsing. I guess that's why I joined this forum. Free browsing cheat. "sonyericsson" mtn cheat to be precise.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by damiloladuke: 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
right

READ THE DIARY OF A JOBLESS NAIJA YOUTH HERE www.wenogetjob..com
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Lincoln275(m): 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
wow! u just remind me my NYSC girl friend, justina chioma, na she make me know wetin dem dey call nairaland
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Emeka71(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2015
Since 2007.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Harmvirus(f): 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
Google, five years ago
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
The quest for latest sports (football) news was what landed me on Nairaland.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Exqwizit(m): 2:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
I joined nairaland for humour initially but I later found out I can meet prospective customers for my business and sincerely I must say it has been worth it. I have made some cash through clients that saw my posts on NL
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kingsasian:
so one person no fit bear up to three names? First name, middle and last even maiden sef? cheesy

you dun dey configure your comment oo,Oya think your next lie well...I'm waiting wink
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by shiki(m): 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2015
No.3 very correct, I join it through my babe
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Been here off and on since December 2008 - dont know how i got here!
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by misspicy(f): 2:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
benedictnsi:
FRIEND AND HUMOUR

Seriously i enjoy Nairaland because of HUMOUR grin comments........ Sometimes i laugh and people around asks what is so amusing grin

I dedicate this unique FTC to special Nairalanders like INTROVERT, I ADMIT HER FINGERS ARE FASTER THAN MINE........ CR77, SHE IS GOOD TOO BUH she always have a brief word as FTC, misspicy...... Rocks..... Oremussactus..... My nigga..... Buh INTROVERT is my BEST for now jare gringringrin she go don happy eeeh

Yiaaaaaaaaa i ROCK,i gotta get me a ROCKSTATION cheesy
congrats dear.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by nobosaba(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
I am very proud to have been one of those first members of nairaland since 2005 when it all started. I was in Ghana then and 18years of age. All i wanted was a connection back home and I got to know of nairaland. Am happy to have been a member of this great forum.

Thanks to Seun and othe Mods and super Mods

I want to also use this opportunity to request that Seun should give the privileges to OP's to delete comments on there own post.

Thank You
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Emeka71(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
emrain:

The forum was much smaller when I joined. The trend as at then was free browsing. I guess that's why I joined this forum. Free browsing cheat. "sonyericsson" mtn cheat to be precise.
I joined the forum in 2007 for the same reason then people like dredie, hayprof, puskin, Dual-core, tope_teadr, infobaba, info, infosol, dragnet, honsule, infoyedo, Emeka 7, Mr Info were the ones reigning in the phones section. Note that I am Emeka 7

Seun Changed My username.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by dadebayo1(m): 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
Been here since 2009 when I registerd... Always enjoy coming here to have a mood swing..... Can never forget peeps like italiano the TeLepoint PRO...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

16 Facts You Don't Know About Google / Factors To Consider Before Choosing A Website Name / Indecency Link On Our National Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.