Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling (2935 Views)

Jewellery Business And Barbing Saloon, Which Is Better? / Advice On Setting Up A Barbing Salon / Let's Assist You Start Your Own Business... It's The Best Anyone Can Do For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by seeun(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
Hello my fellow nairalanders, I need your candid advice, I have a month old barbing saloon, but the sales is poor. With my analysis, I discovered that these possible problem, 1, it not getting enough notice despite its location in.a market place. 2, many are satisfied with the saloon they barb there hairs. Now my plan is to make handbills and distribute it to prospect about the existence and our services, but don't know what should be the content of the handbills. I need your advice on this or anything you think I can do to bring in customers. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by seeun(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2015
Please first page. It can be of help to others in similar situations
Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
Go use better science na,
lol,just kidding
firstly u sabi barb?
second-let ur charge be lesser at least for now.
lastly b customer friendly,if u dont av a tv set and sound system,u can get gotv its affordable..then get 1
oluwa bless ur hustle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by saints2(f): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
I will advise on you using entertainment to advertise yourself, barbaring saloon are mostly known for music and TV, maybe that can help, play the latest music and always encourage your customers to help advertise you to their friends that you would get a discount, and maybe you do a promo for first two weeks, maybe 25% off and more

Just my take

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by ebicon(f): 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
Handbills will do,the designers will help you with nice concept. How often do people that come once come back? I think you should learn more and better barbing skill, the art will sell you more.
Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by agogoeyo(f): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by dboss444: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
An post by someone on nairaland daniel 2032. The best answer to ur question just read carefully
I'm Daniel by name, I'm a web designer, social media
marketer and Business researcher.
Over my 5years of researching experience I would love to
share some tips on how you can grow a small business to a
top level.
As we all know there are lot of advantage having your
personal business, most especially in Nigeria where jobs are
hard to get with low salary.
I won't go into details on advantage having your personal
business so let get started.
There are a lot of business out there to start small and grow
big, some required good amount of start up capital while
some small start capital and even none start up capital. At this
point I believe you have chosen your business.
Know how to grow your business, practise below ideas
1) Price
Price is the most important part to look at, in a new business.
You have to understand that the clients/customers you are
looking for has already own people they buy from, and it
won't be that easy to convert them, so first make your price
affordable, for example you and your competitor buy
product at N460 and your competitor is offering he's for
N500 why not give out yours for N480 and make N20 profit
only out of it instead of selling it at the same rate with you
competitor who has customers already, believe me here in
nigeria no body like wasting even N5 for nothing, people will
because of that N20 to come to you and even refer others to
you, imagine 2,000 people order from you in a month, that is
20 x 2,000 =40,000 you see you can still make good profit
with your low price.
(EXAMPLE 2 of low price)
Now imagine you barber your hair for N350 at a local salon,
and now I open a new barber salon around your area, my
new salon has air conditional (AC), well design and good
looking shape, any time you came to barb I welcome you
with a bottle of cold Malta Guinness drink for free to step
down before barbering begins, that is to appreciate your
coming to my salon, and I'm charging just N300 for
barbering, now tell me when next you want to barb where
will you go? The empty N350 salon or mine of N300? You see,
so now let's do my profit calculation.
Let say I bought 10 litter of fuel for N1000 and barb 30
persons hair per day at rate of N300 each, now N300 x 30 =
N9,000, I also bought them malta guinness drink at rate of
N90 at wholesale, that will be N90 x 30 = N2700. Now all my
expensis are N3700, now remove the expensis from the total
amount N3700 - N9,000 = N5300 you see I made N5300 and
I will be growing day after day as more clients come.
The problem with many small business is their price, it
doesn't mater how much you invest in your business at the
begin it called a small new business because it just started.
Don't look at the amount you spent in your business to
increase you service/product price, or at the end you will end
up blaming devil.
2) Manners
As a business researcher i came to understand that with just
one customer thousands of customer can come, and with still
just 1 customers thousands of existing customers can also go
away from you, don't blame it on any one when this happen,
your manners to your customers matters a lot, it doesn't
matter how much product that customer is ordering.
There is a saying that your customers are always right, yes it
true they are.
Always treat them like prince and princess and they will love
your business like no others.
Just recently I walk into a shop and ask for a padlock key, the
lady there ask me how much key I wanted to buy? And I told
her N100 key to luck a bag, the next thing I heard was I can't
stand up just because of N100 key oh bros.
Hmm, this is not funny, because at that point she make me to
know new person who is also selling keys, who treated and
respect me as a customer, if next I wanted to buy huge
amount of keys or companies is looking for where to buy
keys where did you think I will refer them?
Now you know lack of manners to your customers can ruin
you business.
Thank you for reading, every thing in this thread was type by
me from my experience, In my next post I will show you how
to gain customers/clients to your new business.
Keep following this thread I will also share with you guys how
to start a business without a kobo and make up 50k a month

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by seeun(m): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
Thanks friends, I really appreciate your priceless advices. But still will appreciate more. Specifically on what should be the content if the handbill.
Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
My brother,,i av been in your shoe sometimes ago,patience is the best key total patience,remember it just a month,just follow those advie above trust me it will later flourish.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by 400billionman: 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2015
seeun:

Hello my fellow nairalanders, I need your candid advice, I have a month old barbing saloon, but the sales is poor. With my analysis, I discovered that these possible problem, 1, it not getting enough notice despite its location in.a market place. 2, many are satisfied with the saloon they barb there hairs. Now my plan is to make handbills and distribute it to prospect about the existence and our services, but don't know what should be the content of the handbills. I need your advice on this or anything you think I can do to bring in customers. Thanks

The printer of the handbills will generate a design. The concept should not brother you.

Buy big speakers nah and blast loud music from an AIWA DVD player. Also buy all those barbing saloon posters showing fast cars and footballers. If your area charges N200 for a hair cut, start charging N150.

Saloon is good business. Stay positive..

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
Do a price slash bonanza, fix a TV and blast music videos, do you have a ps2 to entertain guests while they wait?

It will take time to build a large but loyal customer base, be encouraged brother.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by seeun(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2015
Thanks broad for the advices. But will still appreciate more
Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 21, 2015
Why not add free hair treatment n hair spray to each customer that comes to your shop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by seeun(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
ayodele31:
Why not add free hair treatment n hair spray to each customer that comes to your shop
Thanks bro this is good
Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by BALLERON(m): 6:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
Introduce a free service, 3 friends comes together, two pay and the third is free of charge...run this promo for a while. In this part of the world we like to hear the word FREE

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by gametalk: 1:18am On Aug 21, 2015
u need nothing else bro... rome wasnt built in a day... its a month old biz... u need to get attention of the customers in your locality. ..

2. brand your shop if u av money to a fashionable taste.

3. additional service such as spraying treatments, Washing and treating hair free every after cut. this is a must. I bet u pple will surely be back.

4. price... it also matter.. but to me personally I will pay more if I enjoy your services.

5. Prayer also matter and paying your title.

6. promote and brand yourself. ... do customised polo or shirt or wears for your apprentice and yourself. have a biz card

7. sell other things: hair accessories such as clippers, brushes, creams etc.
ps2 or ps3, drinks n recharge cards and dvd. if u av money sell electronics such as tv. dvd. cooker etc.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me On My barbing saloon business. It's Crawlling by konews: 11:53am On Feb 07, 2021

(1) (Reply)

How To Be A Distributor In Flour Mills Nig. / Emv Debit And Credit And Debit Card Reader And Writer V8.6 / Bike (okada) Investment With Just 500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.