Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Respect That Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Respect That Man (718 Views)

Most Women Respect Spiritual Leaders Than Their Husband - Bamisepeter's Blog / Will She Ever Regain Her Husband's Confidence, Trust And Respect? / Respect That Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Respect That Man by phyktor(m): 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
My last post drew a lot of grumblings from the men “world” especially the part where I said “I’m a feminist”. Calm down boys! I’m behind you on this one. I got you. No Homo.I also remember saying that I’m going to breathe down heavily on you (girls). Olu is here. Get ready to rumble. I like girls generally anyways. The cute ones, especially those you can carry easily carry. But beautiful, witty and intelligent girls intimidate me. These ones? They tackle you anyday anytime; ready or not. Did I hear someone whisper about me liking girls? Please what should I like? Oh! Kindly sit down here \________
Alright. That is a joke. I hope and actually wish my first child could be a girl. And this is why. I’m of a marriageable age. If I get married today and give birth say tomorrow. Before I clock 40 years of age. My daughter should be close to 15 years or more. Between 45-48, my little bae must be married and she should be giving me a grandchild preferably another cute little bae. I want to be a Grandfather to atleast 3 kids before I age 55. Before 70-75. A full fledge and accomplished great grandpa.This is just my mortal plan. Man proposes. God disposes. But having a son as your first issue? Cool story. The boy will like to flex and flirt before he eventually settles down tho. And Fiaaaam ! Time has gone. Some marry early though. Back to the groove. The feminist movement has help open (our) eyes and brought our mind the consciousness and importance of respecting our ladies, our women. Amazingly, we have a lot of young and energetic young ladies out there doing theirselves proud and their country. Against all the odds? This is impressive.I personally believe that ambition is priceless. And I’m not saying our girls shouldn’t be ambitious.But it can be costly. There are gains and pains associated with it. Ambition is a risk. Don’t let it ruin your deserved happiness. Yes! Your happiness. An average educated lady with nice ambitions will blatantly tell you that she can’t go out of her way to please a man, or be an housewife, or fix his mess and laundry and all. Yes! She’s right. You have a choice, a say.But the place and space of man in any sphere of a woman’s life must not be underrated. Everybody yearns to love and to be loved. After this virtue is respect. But a man needs more. He covets a woman’s submission. Especially in a relationship. An ideal relationship. Ideal.Submission or to be submissive is a beautiful mystery that only few women understand. Even the sucessful ones. What is submission? It can be simply defined as the state of being obedient : the act of accepting the authority or control of someone else. Somebody said and I quote. Obviously a man.
“Submission has got a bad rap in years. The
feminist movement has made matters
worse. Women are forgetting that
submission wasn’t your man’s idea, it was
God’s. “Wives, submit yourselves unto your
own husbands, as unto the Lord.”
(Ephesians 5:22). Again the word says,
“Wives, submit yourselves unto your own
husbands, as it is fitting in the Lord.”
(Colossians 3:18).”
Men should however know that submission does not mean “subject to abuse”. Subjection simply implies respect for another’s authority. Nigerian ladies should understand that the key to a harmonious family life is finding that balance. If he loves or watches football, or has a favorite team, support him. Mourn his defeats. Celebrate his victories. Be on his side. Root for his team. When it gets to your turn to watch telemundo or Africa Magic, he won’t disturb you. He’d love you more. Respect! All men want to be successful. But it is so unfortunate that most Nigerian women measure success by what a man has accomplished and not by who he is as a person. It is the role of the women to help her man see the big picture in life, not through the eyes of someone who wants to purchase every latest trend of fashion, in mobile phones and cars. The role of a woman. There are good men out there. Nice and interesting guys too. But often times a lady or a woman gets too confused and sometimes doesn’t know what she wants. Here as it stands, you need to pray for discernment. Using your logical sense to calculate might land you in the dustbin. However, if you’re lucky to have a good fine gentleman to yourself. A man that literally adores and cares you. Be careful because as a lady, you may gravitationally start pulling towards complacency and overconfidence. Why? Because you’re getting too much attention and you’re overwhelmed. Your comfort zone can hinder yourgrowth.Nigerian men are driven by the need for significance. A man’s thirst for significance can only be quenched by knowing how important he is. That is why he will chase after every vain pursuit only to hear the words, “You matter. You are important. You are appreciated. You are significant .” If a man has never heard these words or sensed this approval from his woman, he can spend his whole life chasing someone else who will value his identity.Support your man at every turn. Be there for him to guide him. A man needs help in the small things like finding the car keys or in bigger things like building a business. It has become one of the popular sayings that “behind every great man is a far greater woman.”Men always find solace in logic. And it has proved to be a sure way of maintaining stability especially in times of uncertainty or danger. But it is clear that men most times lack that natural intuitiveness found in women. Especially in taking some decisions, he needs your input because he might not understand that deep gut feeling you have that something is not right. He needs your intuitive, instinctive, perspective and discerning insights when making decisions. But as his woman, you should be careful so as not to bruise his ego. A man is not molded to understand emotional and dynamics behind the problems that women face. So it is important that the woman doesn’t go about running and pouring all her cares, worries, fears, insecurities and troubles on him at once, it can be overwhelming. Make things simple for him. Every man requires that extra training to be a good listener and you will have to work at it until he is there. Lastly. Nag! But don’t use it as a weapon. Men enjoy peace, tranquility and control. There are amicable ways of settling dispute. Don’t injure his tolerance level. It will create distance. After all is said and done. Respect is reciprocal.Sadly, most girls are so ambitious that they are becoming the men they want to marry. https://oluomolale./2015/06/16/respect-that-man/

1 Like

Re: Respect That Man by troy20(m): 7:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
what now.you want a medal pinned to your breast for admitting you're a feminist?

(1) (Reply)

SHOCK- 107 Year Old Man Weds 95-year Old Woman Here In Nigeria / Why Do Women Take Quiet Men For Granted.. Should He Pray Or Just Change? / Children Get To Sway, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.