Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

My Experience With Phone Rooting - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Phone Rooting (1451 Views)

My Experience With Infinix Note 3 / My Experience Using Tecno Tecno W4 / Phone Rooting And Jailbreaking (2) (3) (4)

My Experience With Phone Rooting by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
I root my phone so that i can tweak imei. tecno p5+, when i root it, it was working perpectly until 4days ago when the phone started to display "no simcard detected" when i check the settings>about phone>sim status. i discovered that the imei and baseband are not there again. all my efforts to fix it were to no avail. i took it to phone repairs dy said dy dnt av d software to it. so i urge u to pls knw wat rooting is abt b4 rooting ur phone. my phone cant browse again to me d phone is dead cos if phone cant browse such a phone is dead. so, dnt root ur phone.
Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by zenith4biz(m): 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
Perform factory reset

If problem persist

Remove your battery cover, copy the IMEI and input using Mobile uncle

Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by Paschalp(m): 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2015
zenith4biz:
Perform factory reset

If problem persist

Remove your battery cover, copy the IMEI and input using Mobile uncle
pls ... this imei has been keeping me in the dark . what's the meaning?
Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by zenith4biz(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
The International Mobile Station Equipment Identity or
IMEI/aɪˈmiː/
is a number, usually unique,to identify 3GPP (i.e.,GSM,UMTS andLTE) and iden mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones. It is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone,but can also be displayed on-screen on most phones by entering*#06#on the dial pad, or alongside other system information in the settings menu on smartphone operating systems.

The IMEI number is used by a GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing that network. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call his or her network provider and instruct them to "blacklist" the phone using its IMEI number.

This renders the phone useless on that network and sometimes other networks too, whether or not the phone's sim is changed.

Paschalp:
pls ... this imei has been keeping me in the dark . what's the meaning?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mobile_Station_Equipment_Identity?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1045278244
Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by Paschalp(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2015
zenith4biz:

The International Mobile Station Equipment Identity or
IMEI/aɪˈmiː/
is a number, usually unique,to identify 3GPP (i.e.,GSM,UMTS andLTE) and iden mobile phones, as well as some satellite phones. It is usually found printed inside the battery compartment of the phone,but can also be displayed on-screen on most phones by entering*#06#on the dial pad, or alongside other system information in the settings menu on smartphone operating systems.

The IMEI number is used by a GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing that network. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call his or her network provider and instruct them to "blacklist" the phone using its IMEI number.

This renders the phone useless on that network and sometimes other networks too, whether or not the phone's sim is changed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Mobile_Station_Equipment_Identity?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1045278244
. I really appreciate
Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by mymissingrib(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2015
u dnt need rooting to change ur imei

Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by jimohibrahim(m): 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
elijah2u:
I root my phone so that i can tweak imei. tecno p5+, when i root it, it was working perpectly until 4days ago when the phone started to display "no simcard detected" when i check the settings>about phone>sim status. i discovered that the imei and baseband are not there again. all my efforts to fix it were to no avail. i took it to phone repairs dy said dy dnt av d software to it. so i urge u to pls knw wat rooting is abt b4 rooting ur phone. my phone cant browse again to me d phone is dead cos if phone cant browse such a phone is dead. so, dnt root ur phone.

Shiro niyen
Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by chrystalz: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2015
jimohibrahim:

Shiro niyen

Peeps keep using this word in the wrong context?? Olamide wey start am sef nor jes dey carry phone deg type rubbish,op simply asked for help,if you dont know how to help move on,or if you dont post this new slang would you die

Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by jimohibrahim(m): 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
chrystalz:

Peeps keep using this word in the wrong context?? Olamide wey start am sef nor jes dey carry phone deg type rubbish,op simply asked for help,if you dont know how to help move on,or if you dont post this new slang would you die

hey bro, I would have answered the op but I realized he was lying... and he should have just tell us exactly what he did to his phone before lying here.
firstly a rooted fone will hardly swallow your imei except you tamper with it... especially where you tamper with what you know nothing about.

secondly if he think he can discourage people from rooting their phones with this self conflicted reason... then he must be joking..

and to you... Mr judge whatever i do here have nothing to do with losers... ok?

I have a lot to tell the OP but i realized that he's lying so i just decided to say SHIRO NIYEN!!!
Re: My Experience With Phone Rooting by chrystalz: 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
jimohibrahim:

hey bro, I would have answered the op but I realized he was lying... and he should have just tell us exactly what he did to his phone before lying here.
firstly a rooted fone will hardly swallow your imei except you tamper with it... especially where you tamper with what you know nothing about.

secondly if he think he can discourage people from rooting their phones with this self conflicted reason... then he must be joking..

and to you... Mr judge whatever i do here have nothing to do with losers... ok?

I have a lot to tell the OP but i realized that he's lying so i just decided to say SHIRO NIYEN!!!

Hahahahaa @ losers funny you can hide behind your username and call someone a loser!! Very nice try!! Stay blessed

Airtel Introduces New Code To Activate, Deactivate Unsolicited Messages / Meet ‘blackberry Neon’ Android Smartphone – Specs And Photos / Epp How Do I Fast Charge My Infinix Hot S?