Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,689 members, 7,844,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise (1129 Views)

Anybody With Idea On How/where We Can Get This Plants In Nigeria / The Exxonmobil Oil And Gas Careers Employment Opportunities USA / When You Arise In The Morning.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise by Cpumping(m): 12:18am On Jun 21, 2015
Following the announcement by nigeria and russia to build nuclear reactors to boost power generation in nigeria, there are bound to be opportunities that would arise from this gigantic project.
Job creation, local contractors etc are among the few opportunities that would arise.
As the popular adage goes ' the early bird gets the worm', I think its time to start making plans on how to tap into this emerging industry.

The big question is how?
Nuclear energy is something that is new in nigeria, as regards job opportunities how can one prepare him/herself to fit into the industry? What contracts can be given to local contractors while setting up the plants & after the plants have been set up?

A lot a questions to be asked and a lot of preparations to be done.

If there are knowledgeable 'Nairalanders' here, please endeavour to share with us.
Re: Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise by Ojeilevbare(m): 6:16am On Jun 21, 2015
Nigeria is Nt in anyway prepared or ready to get involved in nuclear energy usage. I. Tink d pple dat r clamouring for this shld employ dere children dere. As 4 me, I will Nt Tk a nuclear job, cos I believe Nigerians r Nt civil enuff 2 handle this.
Re: Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 21, 2015
Great. I guess that would be bokoo harams next stop point. We aint ready for this
Re: Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise by Cpumping(m): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2015
Of course you should realize that it would be a foreign company would be managing the plants. The possibility of a meltdown would be the same as other reactors in other countries.

As for boko boys n the attack on the plants from d design of the plants I doubt if they can gain access to the nuclear rods.
Re: Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise by ujezeez(m): 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise by davide470(m): 11:00pm On Jun 21, 2015
Ojeilevbare:
Nigeria is Nt in anyway prepared or ready to get involved in nuclear energy usage. I. Tink d pple dat r clamouring for this shld employ dere children dere. As 4 me, I will Nt Tk a nuclear job, cos I believe Nigerians r Nt civil enuff 2 handle this.
Do you know NAEC (National Atomic Energy Commission) called for applications early last year for Young Graduates of Engineering and Sciences to sponsor them for a Masters Program on Nuclear Energy (Physics). Though they haven't finalised the process yet.

Do you know there was an earlier set of Graduates that was sponsored (2012/2013) I saw the article during my Final Year Project defence. They went to Japan and Russia, I think.

Do you know that plans are being made to incorporate Nuclear Physics in Universities curriculum particularly FUT's.

All these are Public Info's bro.

Cheers.!
Re: Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise by Cpumping(m): 10:17am On Jun 22, 2015
davide470:
Do you know NAEC (National Atomic Energy Commission) called for applications early last year for Young Graduates of Engineering and Sciences to sponsor them for a Masters Program on Nuclear Energy (Physics). Though they haven't finalised the process yet.

Do you know there was an earlier set of Graduates that was sponsored (2012/2013) I saw the article during my Final Year Project defence. They went to Japan and Russia, I think.

Do you know that plans are being made to incorporate Nuclear Physics in Universities curriculum particularly FUT's.

All these are Public Info's bro.

Cheers.!

Nice one
Re: Nigeria Nuclear Plants & Possible Opportunities That Could Arise by obinna2nv(m): 12:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
As long as its Nigeria, I wouldn't go anywhere near a nuclear plant. I don't envy those host communities at all, I have my obvious reasons...

(1) (Reply)

Front Desk Officer (receptionist) Job Offer At Career Global Consult Nig. / Vacancies At Oil Responce Limited (south Africa) / Olam Nigeria Limited Graduate Sales Trainee Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.