Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

[review] Zenfone 2 Smartphone - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / [review] Zenfone 2 Smartphone (610 Views)

Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 6-inch Variant Goes On Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[review] Zenfone 2 Smartphone by Techoftoday: 1:44am On Jun 21, 2015
Slightly annoyed this phone isn't getting any attention. Honestly there is hardly a better phone out there and this is cheaper than a lot of ones that are worse.
THIS IS BASED OFF THE 64GB 2 SIM CARD VERSION FOR N59000

Highlights: 2.3Ghz Intel Atom quad
4GB of DDR3
Cheap 64 Gb
Only $300
Charges in an hour
Read the specs first and I'll tell you their validity.

Speed: I have never had speed issues with this phone it's crazy. The quick touch response and the quad core allow make it feel very responsive. In comparison I had an S4 prior and despite it being old and used I still felt it was horribly not up to par loading apps and responding to my taps. 10/10

RAM: This phone has an astounding 4 gigs of DDR3 which was honestly one of my biggest reasons for buying it. However I will note that ASUS kinda screwed the pooch by letting their software suck about a gig of it up with no way to turn it off. So I would say it has 3 practical gigs. Not 4. 6.5/10
Software: I'll go ahead and follow up RAM with this. The phone comes built in with a beautiful UI with themes to pick from. I went ahead and changed my home app to Themer but that is a personal preference. It does come with a lot of bloatware unfortunately. Furthermore a lot of it is uninstallable and the disable is disabled. I will admit however it comes with a lot of useful software I can see myself using and have used. I remember loving the universal remote on my S4, but I was blown away when I found I could use my phone as a keyboard and mouse for my computer right out the box. I would certainly look into the preloaded software to sway you towards buying the phone. 8/10

Notifications: This phone requires a dedicated area for reviewing notifications and I'll go ahead and throw the pull down menu in here too. I'll keep it concise. Good volume on the speakers and very clear so ring tones sound nice. The vibrate is weaker than I would like but still works well. It does not (as far as I know) have the thing where the flashlight flashes but they is obnoxious in my opinion. You can easily set notification priorities in the volume menu and filters to only hear certain messages when your phone is silent. It had the LED thing too. Now the drop down menu is amazing. You can fit tons of buttons including a built in one for CCleaner and also toggle your cellular data which like an asshole AT&T removed update by update from their users phones to get them to use up their data. 9/10

Screen: It's the newest Gorilla glass and does not scratch. It may be in my head but it seems to smudge and glare easier than my S4 but is much more clear when clean. It's full HD and looks amazingly clear. As far as I know it is not AMOLED but don't take my word on that. Also a HUGE bonus is it usually gets only 30% of my battery usage with medium brightness which makes up for smudging. It is also very easy to see outside even on a low brightness setting. I'll go ahead and give it a 9/10

Battery: Not much to say but good things. A lot longer life than my S4. Not removable (easily at least) which sucks a bit. Charges in an hour which is just... Damn. 8/10

Camera: when the back facing camera is better than the front you know there is a problem. Megapixels don't mean shit and it's very irritating people keep using that to guage cameras. Super grainy photos but not bad otherwise. Has two flash emitters to balance colors. Camera app is nice but need a bug patch which I think came out today. 5/10

Internet speed: Internet speed? What Internet speed? It must be going so fast I can't even see it. Despite what the specs say this gets 4G LTE and I have not seen a faster phone. WiFi is also blazing. 10/10

Other: very pretty phone. Got the cherry red and love it. Put in a micro SD and it works fine. A lot of good cases for it. Mine is a VENA leather wallet case which ran me $20 and is one of the best purchases I have made. Button placement is unorthodox but I like it except for the below the screen buttons which I keep hitting accidentally but I have big hands so what are yah gonna do. Call speaker is good quality. 7/10

Credit: www.wearobo.com

1 Like

Re: [review] Zenfone 2 Smartphone by Habeebpain(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
Very few folks know about Asus phones here in Nigeria. I can remember when I wrote the review for the Zenfone 5 and I got only a few comments on the post. They think it's one of those Chinese brands; a company that made the 1st and 2nd generation Nexus tablets for that matter. But it's surprising as Asus laptops are common in Nigeria. Nigerians are just being Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: [review] Zenfone 2 Smartphone by Olaryeankarh(m): 4:51am On Aug 26, 2015
Techoftoday You bought yours from?

(1) (Reply)

The Best Smartphones In The World [photos] / Why Didn't Nigeria Advance The Study Of Technology Behind OGBUNIGWE? / Hot Sale !!!!! 5 In 1 Heat Transfer Machine At A Good Price For T-shirt/mug/cap/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.