Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues (3414 Views)

10 Reasons Why Every Believer Must Speak In Tongues / Did Jesus Ever Speak In Tongues?? / 5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by generaliy07(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2015
THIS POST MAY BE OFFENSIVE, READ WITH PLAIN MIND

Sakabelelolabbabababaabb, skelebosh, sankrata reeda......

This morning on my way to Church, I passed through a church where a Pastor was leading prayers IN 'TONGUES', after mentioning each prayer point,he would 'burst into tongues' rather than pray in English or any understandable language

I also remember a Pastor back then in Port Harcourt, he was so 'deep' in the spirit that he wouldn't do anything without 'tongues', THIS PASTOR SINGS IN TONGUES', the thing was so deep in him that each time I pass through his Church around Rumuodumaya, I always listened to see if he'll speak English once, I stopped listening after three months without results, he's addicted to 'tongues'

When I was an undergraduate in FUTA, there was a case of certain 'Brethren' from a Church 'XYZ' who greeted each other in TONGUES in a lecture hall called Great hall, it was so embarrassing that a brother from another church 'ABC' had to correct them, only for them to start lecturing the said brother on "Deep Spiritual things" which they claim he's ignorant of.

WHAT REALLY IS TONGUE SPEAKING?

Speaking in tongues is BIBLICAL, it is in fact an EVIDENCE of the Holy Spirit Baptism, as first recorded at Pentecost, The Bible gave an illustration of how the Holy Ghost descended on the apostles like Cloven tongues of fire, resulting in they ministering in different languages and tongues, LANGUAGES WHICH THE NATIVES AROUND HEARD AND UNDERSTOOD.

READ: Acts Chapter 2 vs 1-12

From this scripture, let us note the following in caps:

Verse 4: " And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with OTHER TONGUES, AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE

It is important to note that:

A. they spoke in other tongues (Existing Languages which they couldn't speak before), NOT SOME INCOHERENT BLABBING

B. It was the Spirit that gave them utterance, it is pathetic and painful to see Pastors telling their subjects to start praying in tongues, as if they've now taken the role of giving utterance away from the Holy Spirit.

If you speak in tongues by forming those words from your own imaginations and concoction of certain sounds, YOU ARE DECEIVING YOURSELF, and you are making a mockery of the real thing.

I do not care if your Pastor, Bishop, Evangelist or whoever, no matter how famous or 'powerful' he is, indulges or encourages you to indulge in this, HE IS WRONG

Please read the Bible yourself and be enlightened

Sakabelelolabbabababaabb, skelebosh, sankrata reeda.......?

May your 'tongues' not lead you to hell

CC: Lalasticlala
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2015
Pardon me bro.I am going to be very hard on You.
In "vooks" tone "Your shallowness is horrendous".
Allow me to educate you.
generaliy07:
THIS POST MAY BE OFFENSIVE, READ WITH PLAIN MIND

Sakabelelolabbabababaabb, skelebosh, sankrata reeda......

This morning on my way to Church, I passed through a church where a Pastor was leading prayers IN 'TONGUES', after mentioning each prayer point,he would 'burst into tongues' rather than pray in English or any understandable language

I also remember a Pastor back then in Port Harcourt, he was so 'deep' in the spirit that he wouldn't do anything without 'tongues', THIS PASTOR SINGS IN TONGUES',
1cor 14:15:-I will pray with the Spirit,i will pray with the understanding,i will SING WITH THE SPIRIT,and I will sing with the understanding.

READ: Acts Chapter 2 vs 1-12

From this scripture, let us note the following in caps:

Verse 4: " And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with OTHER TONGUES, AS THE SPIRIT GAVE THEM UTTERANCE

It is important to note that:

A. they spoke in other tongues (Existing Languages which they couldn't speak before), NOT SOME INCOHERENT BLABBING

Grab e-sword or the original greek manuscript and a good dictionary, and check the word "other" used in acts2:4.
The word "other" is the greek word "heteros" which means strange,Of uncertain affinity.

Having corrected your nonsense.
lemme now educate you.
follow line upon,precept upon precept.

Lemme deal with language..
read line upon line,precept upon precept.read with patience.read inbtwn lines

Acts2:4 and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and began to Speak with other tongues,as the spirit gave them utterance.

The word "other" used in this verse,when i checked the greek,
The word "other" is the greek word "heteros".
"heteros" means "of uncertain affinity;strange"

Also from Isaiah's prophecy
Isaiah28:11- "for with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people"

The word stammering used here in the Hebrew means UNINTELLIGIBLE,
while the word another means strange and different

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe;In my name shall they cast out devils;they shall speak with NEW tongues.
When i checked the word "new"in the Greek. The word is KAINOS
"Kainos" means according to
1)Strong dictionaries
"of Uncertain affinity:new(especially in freshness)"
2)Thayer dictionaries
"fresh,unused,a new kind,unheard of"
3)Wordstudy dictionaries
"Newly made"
Note: NO ACCOUNT ever refer to tongues as some other language belonging to another culture different from the speak! Paul settles this with a well laid out explanation.

1cor14:2:- For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men,but unto God:FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM/b];howbeit in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

Something else to note
Acts2:13:- Other mocking said,
[b] These men are full of new wine
lets analyse this statement.
Other said those people speaking with tongues are drunk(full of wine)..
Lets do simple analysis.
In which of these scenarios will someone say you are drunk.
1)You are speaking another man's language fluently or
2)You are just speaking gibberish,unconstructed statements,unintelligible words.
Obviously the answer is Option 2. Because wine cannot make you speak another man's language with respect to the Observers comment in this verse.
SELAH

2 Likes

Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by Heavenly102: 9:13am On Jun 21, 2015
how will speking in tongues take u to hell?
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2015
i am not done
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by generaliy07(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2015
This is my point, Speaking in tongue is right, but should NOT be initiated by you, but rather by the Holy Spirit

Don't form the tongues, let the Holy Spirit inspire it!

Is that too hard to understand?
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by generaliy07(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2015
This is my point, Speaking in tongue is right, but should NOT be initiated by you, but rather by the Holy Spirit

As for Singing in the spirit, it does not mean in tongues, it means you should CONNECT to God, don't just sing to appeal to the flesh, I do not intend to win an argument here however
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2015
generaliy07:

As for Singing in the spirit, it does not mean in tongues, it means you should CONNECT to God, don't just sing to appeal to the flesh, I do not intend to win an argument here however

why dont you just pick up your bible and study(not read) before you start pouting nonsense.
1cor14:14-15:- "if pray in tongues,my spirit prayeth ,but my understanding is unfruitful."

If you pray in tongues= praying in the spirit,
likewise,
singing in tongues= singing in the spirit.
SELAH
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 21, 2015
you must be abreast with your facts before you start talking. In Eph6:18-19 Paul admonished us to always pray in the spirit. 1cor14:18:-I thank my God i speak with tongues that you all.
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by moski5(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2015
op
its best yu ask people to explain than jump to conclusions on spiritual matters you know nothing about or r yu GOD?
I leave yu with others who ve commented b4 me m Rom14;4a
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by generaliy07(m): 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
Get this straight, that rubbish you spit, yadayadadada, which you know deep within doesn't emanate from the Holy Spirit, is NOT Tongues o, as explained in the verse I quoted

If you like, keep blabbing under the guise of being spiritual.

Imagine, are you guys telling me that praying in the spirit literally means speaking in tongues? Even if it does, that sh*t you learn to speak, is that tongue?

If you speak, it should be to edify, its a language, those there on pentecost spoke Aramese, Arabic, latin, Greek etc
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by winner01(m): 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2015
sportsmaster:
Pardon me bro.I am going to be very hard on You.
In "vooks" tone "Your shallowness is horrendous".
Allow me to educate you.

1cor 14:15:-I will pray with the Spirit,i will pray with the understanding,i will SING WITH THE SPIRIT,and I will sing with the understanding.

Grab e-sword or the original greek manuscript and a good dictionary, and check the word "other" used in acts2:4.
The word "other" is the greek word "heteros" which means strange,Of uncertain affinity.

Having corrected your nonsense.
lemme now educate you.
follow line upon,precept upon precept.

Lemme deal with language..
read line upon line,precept upon precept.read with patience.read inbtwn lines

Acts2:4 and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and began to Speak with other tongues,as the spirit gave them utterance.

The word "other" used in this verse,when i checked the greek,
The word "other" is the greek word "heteros".
"heteros" means "of uncertain affinity;strange"

Also from Isaiah's prophecy
Isaiah28:11- "for with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people"

The word stammering used here in the Hebrew means UNINTELLIGIBLE,
while the word another means strange and different

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe;In my name shall they cast out devils;they shall speak with NEW tongues.
When i checked the word "new"in the Greek. The word is KAINOS
"Kainos" means according to
1)Strong dictionaries
"of Uncertain affinity:new(especially in freshness)"
2)Thayer dictionaries
"fresh,unused,a new kind,unheard of"
3)Wordstudy dictionaries
"Newly made"
Note: NO ACCOUNT ever refer to tongues as some other language belonging to another culture different from the speak! Paul settles this with a well laid out explanation.

1cor14:2:- For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaks not unto men,but unto God:FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM/b];howbeit in the spirit he speaks mysteries.

Something else to note
Acts2:13:- Other mocking said,
[b] These men are full of new wine
lets analyse this statement.
Other said those people speaking with tongues are drunk(full of wine)..
Lets do simple analysis.
In which of these scenarios will someone say you are drunk.
1)You are speaking another man's language fluently or
2)You are just speaking gibberish,unconstructed statements,unintelligible words.
Obviously the answer is Option 2. Because wine cannot make you speak another man's language with respect to the Observers comment in this verse.
SELAH

This is great
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
generaliy07:
Get this straight, that rubbish you spit, yadayadadada, which you know deep within doesn't emanate from the Holy Spirit, is NOT Tongues o, as explained in the verse I quoted

If you like, keep blabbing under the guise of being spiritual.

Imagine, are you guys telling me that praying in the spirit literally means speaking in tongues? Even if it does, that sh*t you learn to speak, is that tongue?

If you speak, it should be to edify, its a language, those there on pentecost spoke Aramese, Arabic, latin, Greek etc
why are u acting like those israelites whom Moses led in his lifetime.thier hearts were too hardened,why dont you just learn from this thread.

1cor14:14:- for if I pray in tongues,my SPIRIT PRAYS,but my understanding is unfruitful.

Where did you read that they spoke Aramase,Arabic,latin,greek etc.
Every one that constituted the room on the day of Pentecost are Jews and Proselytes.Read in btwn the lines,those places named were the regions they came from
acts2:5:-there dwelling at Jerusalem Jews,devout men,out of every nation under heaven.
The pentecost is a Jewish custom whereby Jews scattered home and abroad including Prosyletes(People who convert to Judaism) will gather together,it's a feast.Even apostle Paul travelled same way once..
See acts20:16.
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by generaliy07(m): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
You can Pray in tongues, but don't make mockery of it by bringing it from your head, let it be strictly inspired, DON'T FORM THE WORDS(Tongue), is that too much to understand?

If the Holy Ghost isn't giving you utterance at that moment, why not pray till He does or better still pray in plain language and leave?

Enough of self deceit!!!
Re: Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
generaliy07:
You can Pray in tongues, but don't make mockery of it by bringing it from your head, let it be strictly inspired, DON'T FORM THE WORDS(Tongue), is that too much to understand?

If the Holy Ghost isn't giving you utterance at that moment, why not pray till He does or better still pray in plain language and leave?

Enough of self deceit!!!

why dont you just pick up your bible and study.
Utterances is always available to the believer.
Mark16:17 and these signs shall follow them that believe,in my name shall they cast out demons,they shall speak with NEW TONGUES,
every believer can speak with tongues at all times,because utterances are always available at all times

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? / Are Couples Wedded At The SCOAN? / A Muslim Converts To Christianity Every 15 Second In Indonesia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.