Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? (3404 Views)

Indigenous Hausa Christians Of Kano Mark Christmas / The Covenant Of Prophet Muhammad With The Christians Of Sinai / The Forgotten Christians Of Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2019
Christians of nairaland, if when you die, Anubis is waiting for you instead of Jesus, what will you say?
P.S Its a hypothetical question, so please don't overreact

5 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by luvmijeje(f): 12:29pm On Jan 13, 2019
It doesn't matter. As long as you are happy serving him while on earth.

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
luvmijeje:
It doesn't matter. As long as you are happy serving him while on earth.
Ok.
But what will you say to Anubis?
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Vulcanheph(m): 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
According to Egyptian myth Anubis the God of the dead and underworld actually uses a scale to measure your heart against a feather during judgement ....if your heart is pure and good it will be lighter than the feather and you will be in with the gods in paradise. It's almost the same thing with Christianity.
Also some religious conspiracy theorist claim that Christianity is actually a modernized version of Egyptian religion, most of the gods bear similarities with people in the New Testament bible.
Horus -Jesus
Isis-Mary
Osiris-God
Set-Devil etc

6 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by luvmijeje(f): 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2019
TheArranger:

Ok.
But what will you say to Anubis?

Who's Anubis?

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 1:03pm On Jan 13, 2019
luvmijeje:

Who's Anubis?
An Egyptian deity.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 1:05pm On Jan 13, 2019
Vulcanheph:
According to Egyptian myth Anubis the God of the dead and underworld actually uses a scale to measure your heart against a feather during judgement ....if your heart is pure and good it will be lighter than the feather and you will be in with the gods in paradise. It's almost the same thing with Christianity.
Also some religious conspiracy theorist claim that Christianity is actually a modernized version of Egyptian religion, most of the gods bear similarities with people in the New Testament bible.
Horus -Jesus
Isis-Mary
Osiris-God
Set-Devil etc

Its not a claim though. Egyptian religion IS older than christianity. I don't have any link to show you right now, but its true.

4 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2019
TheArranger:
Christians of nairaland, if when you die, Anubis is waiting for you instead of Jesus, what will you say?

Interesting question (if sincerely asked).
John 1:1 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Hebrews 11:1 King (KJV)
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

For me, it has to start with these (4) scripture verses.

If I read those scriptures, and don't believe any of them, then I can't really go further.

If one is raised in a particular religion, they may have to accept that religion as "truth" while under the parent or guardian's tuttelage..without having any real knowledge, conviction or faith.

I happened to be raised in the Christian faith..and it happens to be all that I know.
I, however did not develop a personal relationship with the Lord UNTIL I became a young adult. My desire and awakening hit me then.
I wanted to know truly "who" this God was and how He was supposed to fit into my life.
So I began "searching"... and guess what?
I found Him..I developed a relationship with Him...

This (extremely popular, if not most popular)scripture became more and more real to me by faith.
John 3:16 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I questioned..I doubted...I prayed..AND then...HE answered through His Word, through circumstances, through people, through nature etc.
All of that helped to contribute to strengthening my faith in the Lord.
Sincere relationships build trust and faith...
The evidences were sooo undeniably plain....that "only" could I attribute them to the Lord.
And this is all by "faith"...since I haven't personally seen God in the flesh.
But one has to "want" it....sincerely.
Yes, people can be wrong about their faith...
And guess what? All roads don't lead to the complete truth...and many will be disappointed (I had to even look up who "Annubis" was).
But see, just by doing that even made my faith in Jesus Christ, even more solid...and I don't doubt it one second that He is the only way and will be waiting for me in the resurrection... regardless if I enter or don't enter my rest (before He returns)...

Needed to modify the last sentence just a little bit.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Vulcanheph(m): 1:09pm On Jan 13, 2019
TheArranger:

Its not a claim though. Egyptian religion IS older than christianity. I don't have any link to show you right now, but its true.
As I said its a Theory..... And the similarities are so uncanny.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mobilia:

Interesting question (if sincerely asked).
John 1:1 (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Genesis 1:1 (KJV)
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Hebrews 11:1 King (KJV)
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Hebrews 11:6 (KJV)
6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

For me, it has to start with these (4) scripture verses.

If I read those scriptures, and don't believe any of them, then I can't really go further.

If one is raised in a particular religion, they may have to accept that religion as "truth" while under the parent or guardian's tuttelage..without having any real knowledge, conviction or faith.

I happened to be raised in the Christian faith..andit happens to be all that I know.
I, however did not develop a personal relationship with the Lord UNTIL I became a young adult. My desire and awakening hit me then.
I wanted to know truly "who" this God was and how He was supposed to fit into my life.
So I began "searching"... and guess what?
I found Him..I developed a relationship with Him...

This (extremely popular, if not most popular)scripture became more and more real to me by faith.
John 3:16 (KJV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I questioned..I doubted...I prayed..AND then...HE answered through His Word, through circumstances, through people, through nature etc.
All of that helped to contribute to strengthening my faith in the Lord.
Sincere relationships build trust and faith...
The evidences were sooo undeniably plain....that "only" could I attribute them to the Lord.
And this is all by "faith"...since I haven't personally seen God in the flesh.
But one has to "want" it....sincerely.
Yes, people can be wrong about their faith...
And guess what? All roads don't lead to the complete truth...and many will be disappointed (I had to even look up who "Annubis" was).
But see, doing that even made my faith in Jesus Christ, even more solid...and I don't doubt it one second that He is the only way will be waiting for me..when I enter my rest.

Dude, ever heard of an hypothetical question?

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2019
TheArranger:

Dude, ever heard of an hypothetical question?

Sir, you asked a question.
My apologies that you didn't truly want an honest answer.
Hypothetically, still means a "what if", and in this case, I was saying that it "hypothetically" would not be true.
By the way, I am a woman....
Be blessed

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by DeSepiero(m): 1:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mobilia:

Hypothetically, still means a "what if", and in this case, I was saying that it "hypothetically" would not be true.
Be blessed

It's this easy:

After death, what if you don't find Jesus but instead you find Anubis waiting to judge you?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
DeSepiero:

It's this easy:

After death, what if you don't find Jesus but instead you find Anubis waiting to judge you?

Yes..it's quite easy.
Answer: I won't find "Anubis"...a mythical character.
I will already have been judged..
I will find Jesus..my Lord and Savior.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by OpenYourEyes1: 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2019
TheArranger:

GOD and his Angels don't live in the underworld. Anubis lives in the underworld. I found out his father is evil.
This is probably a case of Satan appearing as angel of light.
Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by DeSepiero(m): 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2019
Mobilia:

Yes..it's quite easy.

Well, that answer is not applicable and eventually wrong in this context.
Nobody asked you if you'll see Anubis or Jesus.
So I'll blame your English or your dogma or both. Say no more.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
DeSepiero:

Well, that answer is not applicable and eventually wrong in this context.
Nobody asked you if you'll see Anubis or Jesus.
So I'll blame your English or your dogma or both.

Ok...no hard feelings sir.

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by abj4ker: 2:11pm On Jan 13, 2019
What the Bleep is this one saying. Answer the simple question with a simple answer.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
TheArranger:

I cannot be wrong because I am right. I have a relationship with my Lord. His presence is strongly with me.

1 Like

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 14, 2019
bloodofthelamb:

I cannot be wrong because I am right. I have a relationship with my Lord. His presence is strongly with me.
HYPOTHETICALLY!!
This is clearly stated by the OP, why are you guys changing the rules? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by TheArranger(m): 1:09am On Jan 14, 2019
Mobilia:

Be blessed
Sorry, wasn't really paying attention to your moniker.
Doesn't change the fact that you woefully failed the question though. I'm presenting an hypothetical situation. You just went ahead to set another question for yourself and answer it. SMH

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2019
TheArranger In the Bible Jesus healed the blind, incurable sicknesses in his lifetime, after his death, the apostles used the name of Jesus to perform greater miracles at the mention of his name. And cast out demons. Even today, the name of Jesus still creates miracles of the impossible. And demonic/occultic people tremble when the name of Jesus is used against them. In other religions, these miracles are fables.

In the Lord's Chosen, Jesus heals all incurable ailments. Ask them.

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by JujuSugar(f): 10:35pm On Feb 05, 2019
Mobilia:

Yes..it's quite easy.

Who told you Anubis is a mythical character? Can you support this claim with evidence?

4 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by shadeyinka(m): 4:25am On Feb 06, 2019
TheArranger:
You asked this question not because you needed a genuine answer 'cause nothing will satisfy you.

However,
Any Christian who has "30% pass mark" in the judgement of Righteousness of Christ would have scored " 99% pass mark" in the judgement of any other god!

Of course, this question of yours is only hypothetical because Christianity is NOT a Religion. Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP!

So, how can there exist an alternate theory when a relationship is real.

3 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by 1Sharon(f): 4:37am On Feb 06, 2019
Mobilia:

Yes..it's quite easy.

Don't you dare talk about anubis like that, lest you invite sorrow into ur life.

3 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by JujuSugar(f): 7:35am On Feb 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

You asked this question not because you needed a genuine answer 'cause nothing will satisfy you.

However,
Any Christian who has "30% pass mark" in the judgement of Righteousness of Christ would have scored " 99% pass mark" in the judgement of any other god!

Of course, this question of yours is only hypothetical because Christianity is NOT a Religion. Christianity is a RELATIONSHIP!

Its an hypothetical situation. A "What if" situation. I can ask you what if Jurassic Park were a real place, would you visit it?.
Its a question based on assumption, not facts. Whether you believe Christianity is true or false, that's irrelevant now: you have to answer the question from a point of view that is neither atheistic nor christian. So stop looking for needles in the hay and answer the question directly.
SMH, you Christians will literally do ANYTHING to scramble the point of the subject.

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by shadeyinka(m): 8:53am On Feb 06, 2019
JujuSugar:
[/size]
Its an hypothetical situation. A "What if" situation. I can ask you what if Jurassic Park were a real place, would you visit it?.
Its a question based on assumption, not facts. Whether you believe Christianity is true or false, that's irrelevant now: you have to answer the question from a point of view that is neither atheistic nor christian. So stop looking for needles in the hay and answer the question directly.
SMH, you Christians will literally do ANYTHING to scramble the point of the subject.
Don't be rash in speaking because if you looked well you would have seen that the question was well treated.

For your sake again

shadeyinka:

However,

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by JujuSugar(f): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

Don't be rash in speaking because if you looked well you would have seen that the question was well treated.

For your sake again

Calm down and read... this is the OP's question if you narrow it down:
What if you find out that Christianity is false?
If you discover that Jesus has been a myth the whole time, how would you feel?
Also, can you support your claim that the judgement of Christ is more vital than any other god? If you were a Hindu, won't you believe Hinduism is the most righteous religion? If you were a Muslim, won't you believe Islam is the most righteous religion?.....

6 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by shadeyinka(m): 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
JujuSugar:

Calm down and read... this is the OP's question if you narrow it down:
What if you find out that Christianity is false?
If you discover that Jesus has been a myth the whole time, how would you feel?
Also, can you support your claim that the judgement of Christ is more vital than any other god? If you were a Hindu, won't you believe Hinduism is the most righteous religion? If you were a Muslim, won't you believe Islam is the most righteous religion?.....

1. There is no religion in the world that orders a higher form of righteousness than Christianity (I am even commanded to love my enemies). If making heaven is as a result of righteousness alone, then as a Christian, I am more than qualified to enter paradise.
2. There is no other deity other than YHWH who promises damnation in hell for the sin of unbelieving in Him apart from Allah. Check the quran and you will discover that Christians are the nearest to allah and will enter paradise (those who live righteously among them).

If you go with the teachings of Hindus, the worst that can happen is that you are reincarnated back to a slum in the world or came back as an animal. Either way what is judgement if your memory is wiped out.

And by the doctrine of You Atheists, I wouldnt even know anything (ill be manure isnt it...LOL)

Of course, my righteousness is Far Far much higher than anyone's righteousness (not born again)!
Why? I am a sinner saved by Gods Grace and the cloth of Righteousness upon me doesn't belong to me. It belongs to God. I have an imputed
righteousness.

So, HOW WOULD I FEEL?
So lucky to have chosen Christ Jesus (if I am conscious)

BUT

That was why i claimed:

2 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by JujuSugar(f): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

1. There is no religion in the world that orders a higher form of righteousness than Christianity (I am even commanded to love my enemies). If making heaven is as a result of righteousness alone, then as a Christian, I am more than qualified to enter paradise.
Morality exists outside...., AND precedes religion, so your entire argument is pointless. I don't need religion to be righteous. Also, I don't see how you've come any closer to validating your God's existence with this argument. An argument you are yet to properly demonstrate by the way. Civil righteousness is subjective and personally I could argue that Buddhism is more righteous than Christianity

shadeyinka:

2. There is no other deity other than YHWH who promises damnation in hell for the sin of unbelieving in Him apart from Allah. Check the quran and you will discover that Christians are the nearest to allah and will enter paradise (those who live righteously among them).
In that case, why are you not a muslim?

shadeyinka:

And by the doctrine of You Atheists, I wouldnt even know anything (ill be manure isnt it...LOL)
It'd be more sensible not to include Atheism when mentioning religions. We don't have a "doctrine".

Edit: In your opinion, is a moral atheist better than a moral christian?

4 Likes

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by sonmvayina(m): 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
People still don't know that Christianity is a scam and was created as an insult against God..

The Europeans that brought you the religion are using style to tell you that you where right after all.. There is a movie titled "the Gods of Egypt".. It is worth watching...

God's are just personification of natural laws and principles..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Of Nairaland, What If You're Wrong? by shadeyinka(m): 5:44pm On Feb 06, 2019
JujuSugar:

Morality exists outside...., AND precedes religion, so your entire argument is pointless. I don't need religion to be righteous. Also, I don't see how you've come any closer to validating your God's existence with this argument. An argument you are yet to properly demonstrate by the way. Civil righteousness is subjective and personally I could argue that Buddhism is more righteous than Christianity

In that case, why are you not a muslim?

It'd be more sensible not to include Atheism when mentioning religions. We don't have a "doctrine".

Edit: In your opinion, is a moral atheist better than a moral christian?

I don't need you to validate my points: not at all. I don't need to validate God's existence. It is you who need to validate God's non-existence. Morality and Righteousness is relative. The point is , relative to what standard is Righteousness?

Athiesm is a kind of faith! Where the Creator God is replaced with Self or self worship. Before you start screaming, do you have evidence that God doesn't exist? If you do, bring it out! ;Then athiesm would not be a religion if you can prove it.

Yes you do have a doctrine! Disbelieve in the existence of God/God's. Like ATR, you don't have a scripture!

Edited:
Why I am not a Muslim?
I almost said the Shahada in my 200L. I was genuinely seeking for God...... So, I know the Bible and I know enough Islam to make an intelligent choice at the end of the day. The details is not relevant to you!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Spiritual Materials Shop In Lagos / Before You Skelebosh, Before You Speak In Tongues / Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.