Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? (3463 Views)

Sex Stories: Is It A Sin To Read Them? / Is Sport Betting A Sin? / Is It A Sin To Style A Haircut? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by ThuggaThugga(m): 8:00am On Jun 22, 2015
Bin Confused Lately . . Some Say its a Sin , While Odas Say Its Not !!! Need Err'Ones Take/Advice On This Issue . . God Bless Yu As Yu Make Sensible Comments cheesy
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Blessinzy(f): 8:02am On Jun 22, 2015
depend on the music, is it secular(don jassy) or christain music(don moen)

1 Like

Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Boy101(m): 8:03am On Jun 22, 2015
In matters like this, I believe in the power of the conscience. Let your conscience be the judge.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by thorpido(m): 8:05am On Jun 22, 2015
It depends on what kind of songs you are listening to.Listening to the song itself is not a sin but the lyrics of the song.Does it elicit sensual thoughts or thoughts of violence?
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Nobody: 8:05am On Jun 22, 2015
What is music but an arrangements of words.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 22, 2015
Blessinzy:
depend on the music, is it secular(don jassy) or christain music(don moen)
Don moen... you listen to him?
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 22, 2015
Boy101:
In matters like this, I believe in the power of the conscience. Let your conscience be the judge.
Some conscience are dead.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by eleko1: 8:10am On Jun 22, 2015
Do dey write it in Ur Quran/Bible?Listen to soul lifting Gospel/Islam praise,God Nor vex
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Blessinzy(f): 8:11am On Jun 22, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Don moen... you listen to him?
yes, his music are spirit-filled
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by jnrbayano(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2015
Anything that takes away the harsh conditions fasting should exert on the person who fasts, nullifies/voids it.

Listening to music isn't any different unless that music (good christian music) is incorporated in the fasting itself.

That's from a christian perspective.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by jnrbayano(m): 8:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Boy101:

A dead conscience judges poorly.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Blessinzy:
yes, his music are spirit-filled
I agree with you perfectly.. He is my model you know and am starting my music career after him soon. Which of his songs you like most
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Boy101(m): 8:38am On Jun 22, 2015
jnrbayano:

A dead conscience judges poorly.

Anyone with a dead conscience should forget about fasting as there is no basis for such if there's no conscience to guide his actions. He can decide to not fast then since he doesn't have an active conscience. In other words, our conscience isn't really dead, we have decided to keep it mute in situations where we believe we're justified to perpetrate wrong doings.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by angieberry(f): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2015
Secular music has a way of messing up your mind. You're supposed to be at a spiritual peak when fasting. Do the Math.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 22, 2015
hehehe... breathing while fasting is sin.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by donfemo(m): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Op, you know the answer to this question already, how can u say listening to music is a sin? You know we are expected to sing praises and hymns to his name. But you know the kind of music you listen to, so even when you are not fasting its not pleasing to God.
Re: Is Listening To Music While Fasting A Sin ? by sunmarouk(m): 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
You guyz have all answered very well, in one way or the other. My own comment is that, i advise you listen to music that lifts ur spirit, edify ur soul, and God's kingdom on him, it also takes away ur thought from any wordly act as it makes you focus on God. The essence of fasting and praying is to connect to God, so during fasting, after praying, studying the bible, to maintain that conection listen to God spirit fiiled music(otherwise na hunger strike be that oo

(1) (Reply)

Treament Of Women Before Islam And Lies Spread By Islam. / Can Rich Christians Make This Happen? Another N100, 000 up for grabs! / Mbaka Opens Fire At Muhammed Buhari, Slams Him For Poor Administration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.