Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them (45376 Views)

Youths Bar Ahmed Lawan From Wedding At Emir Of Bade’s Palace / Nura Alkali Apologizes To Dasuki, Metuh And Bade. Nigerians React / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2015
Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshall Alex Badeh on Friday revealed that intelligence reports available to the Armed Forces showed that the Youths from the Niger Delta region have started taking up arms and engaging in criminal activities along the creeks and the water ways of the region.

Air Mashal Alex Badeh, who made the revelation during the inauguration ceremony of the permanent complex of the Headquarters of the Joint Task Military Force, Operation Pulo Shield, along Igbogene/ Okolobiri road in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, said the increase in illegal arms and ammunition possession by youths of the Region has led to an increase in cases of oil theft, kidnapping and other criminal activities in the region.

Badeh said though the Nigerian Armed Forces entered into an agreement with the Niger Delta youths and former militants to disarm and partner with the Federal Government on empowerment and development initiatives,the recent cases of criminality may force the military to review such agreement and turn its arsenal on the region.

According to Badeh, “Criminalities in the Niger Delta, we thought, have stopped but now they are on the rise again. But I know that our gallant men and women are equal to the task. We are after the bad men, we are good men and darkness can never overtake light. No nation can develop in the presence of so much criminality.”

http://leadership.ng/news/441971/niger-delta-youths-have-violated-amnesty-deal-started-taking-up-arms-again-badeh

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Udstar(m): 9:30am On Jun 22, 2015
I don first comment na Godwin

wahala deh o. Let it not be NIGERIAN ARMY vs BOKO HARAM/NIGER DELTA MILITANTS, It will be worst. PMB will resign if that should happen because the stress will be too much.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by mormoni(m): 9:33am On Jun 22, 2015
Deal with them thoroughly. Meanwhile, SOURCE or...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by LoveMachine(m): 9:35am On Jun 22, 2015
Now they wanna jump bad? 6 years of inactivity But now when gov is finally trying to do right they wanna act up? THIS IS WHY WE DON'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by SUBMARINE: 9:38am On Jun 22, 2015
We need anti aircraft/ ship weapons to silence Badeh ooooo angry

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 22, 2015
book haram is killing people in d north n buhari prefers to bomb innocent people in the south.

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Truckpusher(m): 9:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Badeh should shut the hell up and deal with Boko Haram first before making silly noise.

I'm sure he understood clearly what it means for a nation to have two insurgent groups in two strategic parts of the country.

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by wordcat(m): 9:50am On Jun 22, 2015
While Vimtim his home town was overtaken by Boko Haram grin grin

There Was a Country Indeed cheesy

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2015
chuna1985:
book haram is killing people in d north n buhari prefers to bomb innocent people in the south.
I wonder how you guys don't ever see the stupidity in your posts.

So pirates re the innocent people?

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Caseless: 9:57am On Jun 22, 2015
Good!

Whoever takes up arm against a constituted authority shouldn't be spared, not even that effete called carzola on this forum.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by atiakatata: 9:59am On Jun 22, 2015
Idiot Badeh wants to justify his genocide against Innocent people

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Caseless: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2015
chuna1985:

I was told the south-south is bereft of modicum 'intellectuality' , I didn't believe, until I saw your likes on this forum and those ogogoro/kaikai sellers I saw on channels tv last night. You all prove that belief right!

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 22, 2015
Now our military have started another war. now they have to face the music.you don't twist a sleeping lions tail and expect him to stay quiet

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by seunmsg(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2015
Criminality in any manner should not be condoned.

6 Likes

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 22, 2015
fp tinz @lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Caseless: 10:08am On Jun 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
Badeh should shut the hell up and deal with Boko Haram first before making silly noise.

I'm sure he understood clearly what it means for a nation to have two insurgent groups in two strategic parts of the country.
don't you think if we allow them to fester like we did with boko haram, we'll have ourselves like we're doing right on boko haram?

attack is the best form of defense.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by ZeroTolerance: 10:12am On Jun 22, 2015
Isn't this the man that evacuated his family with a helicopter when boko haram too over his home town? He has suddenly developed liver.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 22, 2015
I'm in support of ND youths, let's bring this country to its knees.
I will never forgive ND militants if they don't make this country ungovernable for Daura President

*I remember Chibok scam*

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2015
Since when did war start solving problems?

3 Likes

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by premConcept: 10:29am On Jun 22, 2015
Hmmm, highly sensitive something. In my opinion, all enemies of Nigeria should be dealt with severely but, no room for extra judicial killings... so Nigeria Army had better be careful 'cause the atmosphere is really tense o.

1 Like

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by obailala(m): 10:40am On Jun 22, 2015
[size=13pt]All criminals should be brought to their knees. We cannot continue to live in a jungle nation where criminals reign supreme. North, east, west or south, criminals should never be celebrated or allowed to exist for any reason, be it political, ethnic or religious.

A lot of misguided and myopic Nigerians are presently defending and glorifying miscreants all for the sake of ethnicity, I laugh at this pure case of foolishness and quick amnesia.

Remember this was exactly how myopic and illiterate northerners were supporting Bokoharam because they believed BH was killing Christians and destabilising GEJ's government. Not until BH grew into an uncontrollable monster and started consuming their own people before the people realised their collective folly.

Now I see the more educated and enlightened southerners about to repeat the same dumb cycle of the northerners by referring to sea pirates/kidnappers/robbers/bunkerers/rapist as 'innocent people' all because the president is from the north.

Una welldone![/size]

cc: SUBMARINE, chuna1985, Truckpusher, wordcat, atiakatata, googlepikin, ZeroTolerance, ECOTERRORS

79 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by funlord(m): 10:47am On Jun 22, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

*I remember Chibok scam*
grin
ECOTERRORS:

*I remember Chibok scam*

See their type! I'm sure this 1 na militant girfriend! "Bring the country 2 its knees"? As if you and your whole family would be able to afford to relocate out of nigeria or avoid casualties if a war breaks out? "Common sense is really not that common this days"!

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Fash20: 10:49am On Jun 22, 2015
chuna1985:
why are you guys so biased. Who told you the FG has evacuated the troops from the Northeast.

8 Likes

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by obailala(m): 11:04am On Jun 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by bloodkiller: 11:08am On Jun 22, 2015
Caseless:

I was told the south-south is bereft of modicum 'intellectuality' , I didn't believe, until I saw your likes on this forum and those ogogoro/kaikai sellers I saw on channels tv last night. You all prove that belief right!

mad monkey grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by dekdek: 11:09am On Jun 22, 2015
Crush dem fools. Take no prisoners, have no mercy.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Appleyard(m): 11:10am On Jun 22, 2015
Caseless:

Pls choose your words carefully, not all South-South are towing the rebellous and aggressive line of the Ijaw militias.

You can not because of one bad orange in a basket condemn the rest in that basket. Thus insulting the whole of South-South is not in order.

I am fully in support of the Army dealing with criminals and rouges operating accross the creeks, but while doing this, it should not be based on regionalism and ethnicity, Otherwise, we would be creating more fire out of an already thick smoke.

Not withstanding, the territorial integrity of Nigeria must remain and be maintained, whether in South or in North.

39 Likes

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by ERODEDEAST(f): 11:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Badeh should go and sleep joor when the yawa start now I don't know who you will blame

1 Like

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by sammyj: 11:21am On Jun 22, 2015
This is a great and welcome development.The Nigerian Military should deal with this miscreants called militants before they turn into another cancer in the flesh of Nigeria just like GEJ under estimated the deadly BH criminals. However, The SS people should look inward and think back and see who are the major benefactors of the so called freedom fighters called militants. Shekena !!! cheesy grin tongue grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Alex Bade: Niger Delta Militants Are Taking Up Arms, We Will Deal With Them by Aspiregreat: 11:21am On Jun 22, 2015
Truckpusher:

Word.... kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Introducing Buhari Kerosene At N50/litre / "Saraki Has Been Vindicated" Billboard Spotted In Kwara State (Pictured) / Hoodlums Take Over Akinyele, Ibadan As Yoruba And Hausa Clash (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.