Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,022 members, 7,821,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? (36564 Views)

St. Louis, Other Foreign Packaged Sugar Brands Remains Banned In Nigeria – FG / Black Friday At Ibadan Shoprite: Customers Take Canned Drinks, Ate Packaged Rice / Invest Your Money In Catfish Business Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by mekeloby: 10:47am On Apr 12, 2016
barcaboi:

I don't agree with that tho u have a point.....I supply civil servants that basically eat the fish with garri and when it is too salted, that can't be possible and even dangerous

I believe I mentioned advising buyers soaking before using to prepare meals.

In the example you cited, no meals are being prepared and is only consumed upon purchase with garri as a supplement.

Regards.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 12, 2016
bamdexfarms:

No chemical was used, instead it was dried using a gas powered oven. hence the reason for the cute appearance.

I see, does it have that nice aroma of the smoked fish.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by eluquenson(m): 11:31am On Apr 12, 2016
Nice idea
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Vision4God: 11:33am On Apr 12, 2016
@ DonUwaski,Reach out to supermarkets. U will mk it.
Am Hpy n impressed. God bless d work of ur hand.
Remain faithful
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by miqos02(m): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
@bamdex, how economical is smoking with gas compared to coal
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by obillyj(f): 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
There is market for it. Am presently in the business and it is good. Right now I need suppliers because only me cannot cover the whole Lagos.
In case you are on the island and wish to be a supplier of oven smoked catfish, kindly contact me on 08173707430, Jane.
Thanks and all the best.

1 Like

Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by barcaboi(m): 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2016
dustydee:

You mean people eat dry fish without cooing it? Wow. Maybe oven dried but I prefer smoked fish to dried fish because of the cooking process involved.
During my undergrad, the agric department had solar dryers with dried smelly fish in them. That put me off dried fish till now.
I ovendry mine
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by barcaboi(m): 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
shojagagronigltd:
minimal salting helps to stun the fish during evisceration. it is not advisable to salt heavily due to health hazards as well as pushing away HBP stroke as well as old patients out of your customer base. reach us on 09093267329
it was the other guy that mentioned heavy salting not me....u re right...salt used to stun is usually enuf. .....how many fishes have u killed...watch out for dem in ur dreams....lol

1 Like

Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by tegoguy(m): 2:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
I live in the us. I buy that all the time, and it's only 1 place that sells it nearby. It costs $13.99 per pound. I say you should get into the business.

2 Likes

Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Maximus85(m): 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
I'm so interested in this business. I'm getting my fish dryer this month. I will appreciate a detailed process of this business. The market is very big. Let's share our skills.

Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by omobaba101(m): 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
I'm distributing for a Lagos based company too, but my distribution is basically in Abuja for now. It's cool, but it will be good to cross check about the shelf life span. I think its maximum of 1 month. The fresher, the better. Goodluck
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Otth(f): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
How much is it?
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by hardetootu: 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello, please where did you make this and how much does it cost?

Maximus85:
I'm so interested in this business. I'm getting my fish dryer this month. I will appreciate a detailed process of this business. The market is very big. Let's share our skills.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Maximus85(m): 12:34am On Apr 14, 2016
hardetootu:
Hello, please where did you make this and how much does it cost?

Ipaja Ayobo Lagos. It's N450,000.

1 Like

Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Nairasolutions: 7:36am On Apr 14, 2016
Do not run your business like an artisan or roadside mechanic. Get a professionally written and detailed Business plan, it will be your guide, roadmap and also show how profitable the business will be, break-even analysis, cashflow projections, proven marketing strategies etc Contact 08167566759 for affordable professionally written and bankable business plans, you can use it to get loans, attract investors and apply for business grants and business plan competitions anytime. Visit www.nairasolutions.com/bizplan, www.nairasolutions.com

1 Like

Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by bamdexfarms(m): 10:05am On Apr 14, 2016
miqos02:
@bamdex, how economical is smoking with gas compared to coal

it is not economical, unless u want to generate biogas from organic waste to power the oven.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by bamdexfarms(m): 10:09am On Apr 14, 2016
Maximus85:

Ipaja Ayobo Lagos. It's N450,000.

that is extremely expensive. considering the capacity, it shouldn't cost that much.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Maximus85(m): 11:58am On Apr 14, 2016
bamdexfarms:

that is extremely expensive. considering the capacity, it shouldn't cost that much.

Yes, it is. But I have my reasons for going for it. It's very very durable. My mentor uses same.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by bamdexfarms(m): 10:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
[quote author=Maximus85 post=44692455]

Yes, it is. But I have my reasons for going for it. It's very very durable. My mentor uses same. [/quote

the one I use is fibre insulated, galvanised and uses gas and charcoal. the capacity is more and the price is even below half of yours.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by taiwoakin(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2016
Please what is the capacity of your oven and how much did it cost you.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by excelsiorfarm(m): 8:48am On Apr 15, 2016
shelf life can be more than 4 Months depending on procedure/process of drying & moisture content, the biz is lucrative & more profitable than selling fresh catfish
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by exportagent: 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
nice job
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Nobody: 8:39am On May 15, 2016
post=44622181]kindly confirm the shelf life of the product is 2 months before u invest your money. the major challenge of the business is the shelf life of the product which is caused by inadequate drying and improper sealing. Most supermarkets will want to confirm the shelf life first by requesting for samples. they fear the products can get spoilt on their shelves. the label should also carry a manufactured and expiry date. Also, a barcode is necessary. good luck.[/quote]
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by karlxavier(m): 9:04am On May 15, 2016
I need to get some facts and details straight. How much does it cost to get a fresh catfish and how much does it sell when dried? What's the profit margin and how many can one sell comfortably in a month with good marketing? Need quick answers.
Nb- am. Assuming someone that dosent have a fish Farm. Thanks in advance.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Umarlulu: 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
DonUwaski:

Yes honestly they actually are and I am looking forward to getting them to retailers. If I can build a client base of steady buyers then am sure this will be great. Am also looking at the possibilities of exporting them but I am just looking out for reliable buyers overseas.

I pray God opens way for us.
how do u want the help?explain.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by okwele1(f): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2016
@maximus85 pls i will like to know how much is the fish drier you want to get and how many fishes can it dry at once and does it use gas or charcoal or both
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by CoolKizzy(m): 12:26am On Nov 10, 2017
karlxavier:
I need to get some facts and details straight. How much does it cost to get a fresh catfish and how much does it sell when dried? What's the profit margin and how many can one sell comfortably in a month with good marketing? Need quick answers.
Nb- am. Assuming someone that dosent have a fish Farm. Thanks in advance.

someone please answer
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by noblealuu: 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
tegoguy:
I live in the us. I buy that all the time, and it's only 1 place that sells it nearby. It costs $13.99 per pound. I say you should get into the business.

Hello kindly link me up to potential clients for patronage on smoked catfish. Wanna venture into it using international best practices.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by dovestar(m): 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2019
I will like to know how much it costs to get an oven for the fish drying business. Also, I will appreciate if I can get a contact of a supplier to discuss price.

Thanks
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by Redman44(m): 3:34am On Dec 29, 2019
This is a very good thread. Thanks.
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by chiTT(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
toprealman:
chips you mean "bobbySMART6"....use that your number 6 bruv!
some people don't understand sarcasm
Re: Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? by konews: 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Sells N500 Groundnuts N2K In US For Auchi Woman / Nigeria Online Football Betting Site What Do You Think??? / Dangote And Otedola Tie Indian Head Scarf (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.