Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

The Reason Why Islamic Threads Do Dot Make It To The Front Page On Fridays. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Reason Why Islamic Threads Do Dot Make It To The Front Page On Fridays. (611 Views)

We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / Why Can't Non-muslims Post On Islamic Threads? / Is It Just Me Or Non Muslims Cant Post On Islamic Threads??? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

The Reason Why Islamic Threads Do Dot Make It To The Front Page On Fridays. by DonXavi(m): 11:04am On Jun 22, 2015
I visited the Islam confined section of NL some time ago and saw a thread where they were criticizing and accusing the moderators of being bias, thus not pushing the Islamic threads to the front-page on Fridays as their worship day, in contrast to the Christians who have the front-page replete with their threads always, every Sunday.
Then I thought: how do you expect your threads to be on the front-page when it’s only a selected few that is allowed to contribute to your threads?
The front-page I suppose is for the general public and if any thread should make it to the front-page the general public should have access to freely contribute to such thread. But this is not the case with threads opened in the Islamic section where you’re forced to convert to Islam first, before you can contribute in their threads. A section where divergent views and criticisms are not tolerated and any disagreement, scrutiny or opposition to the status quo results to a ban.
I actually see what’s happening on NL religion section as a microcosm of the same problem of intolerance, narrow-mindedness and fanaticism plaguing the world today. A world where some set of people will migrate from their land to some western countries and there, protest and demand for equal rights, freedom of worship and so many other freedoms and human rights they never enjoyed in their country of origin, and at the end of the day they’re conceded their demands. But on the other hand, in their home countries stringent laws which carry up to death sentence are enacted to forbid others from worshiping their God freely, they even go to an extent of banning and prohibiting some religion’s holy books from entering their country. What a world!

3 Likes

Re: The Reason Why Islamic Threads Do Dot Make It To The Front Page On Fridays. by raayah(f): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2015
DonXavi:
I visited the Islam confined section of NL some time ago and saw a thread where they were criticizing and accusing the moderators of being bias, thus not pushing the Islamic threads to the front-page on Fridays as their worship day, in contrast to the Christians who have the front-page replete with their threads always, every Sunday.
Then I thought: how do you expect your threads to be on the front-page when it’s only a selected few that is allowed to contribute to your threads?
The front-page I suppose is for the general public and if any thread should make it to the front-page the general public should have access to freely contribute to such thread. But this is not the case with threads opened in the Islamic section where you’re forced to convert to Islam first, before you can contribute in their threads. A section where divergent views and criticisms are not tolerated and any disagreement, scrutiny or opposition to the status quo results to a ban.
I actually see what’s happening on NL religion section as a microcosm of the same problem of intolerance, narrow-mindedness and fanaticism plaguing the world today . A world where some set of people will migrate from their land to some western countries and there, protest and demand for equal rights, freedom of worship and so many other freedoms and human rights they never enjoyed in their country of origin, and at the end of the day they’re conceded their demands. But on the other hand, in their home countries stringent laws which carry up to death sentence are enacted to forbid others from worshiping their God freely, they even go to an extent of banning and prohibiting some religion’s holy books from entering their country. What a world!

Beautiful post. Makes me tear up! cry
Re: The Reason Why Islamic Threads Do Dot Make It To The Front Page On Fridays. by Sleekydee(m): 11:21am On Jun 22, 2015
So true, most times I wanna contribute to some Muslim thread, then they say I must covert....Hehehe(long thing).....anyways, some Muslim are ti sensitive, abeg no be religion go carry person go heaven oh, God is looking for a personal relationship with you, not religion.

(1)

On Giving: Things Our Pastors Don't Tell Us / Hello, Nairalander / World's Oldest Quran Found At Birmingham University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.