Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,711 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV (31564 Views)

Write A Resume That Gets You Hired: 6 Common Resume Mistakes To Avoid / How To Ensure HR Administrators Get Your CV During Applications / 3 Things Recruiters Hate To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by mjames: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2015
Good one
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
Clearly, this is for ppl with past working experience... wat wud u say for fresh graduates without any previous working experience?
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:
The best thing is to have connections. No need for cv.
exactly! when connected, you get the best, cv or no cv.

just like i witnessed a guy collected appointment letter in a lucrative company with surprise cos he never applied but with the connection of his mum.

damn fvcking country!
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by pobosky20(m): 4:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

I tire o...
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by peeta89(m): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:
Even if you have connections and you finally get the job, how sure are we that you will perform very well?
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
femi4:
Stop writing CURRICULUM VITAE on your CV
What then shall we write?
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by femi4: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Neroze:
What then shall we write?
Your full names should be boldly written. That's the first thing the employer want to see. We already know that you are submitting your CV, writing "CV" boldly on top doesn't make any sense.
Its one of the criteria that disqualify your application
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Chigorkizz(m): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by sheffy87: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
barry40:
False information is very rampart. I was shortlisting candidates to fill a particular position for a client. The suitable age range for the position was clearly specified in the advert. I found out that a large number of applicants adjusted their age to suit the job specifications. By the time I called them that they should quickly tell me their age before shortlisting, the responses I got was something else. Is it possible to forget one's birthday? Nairalanders can do justice to this.
So terrible. Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoO !!!nawa. Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoO !ɑℓℓ because of job
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Bonethugss: 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nice compilation, though I would recommend putting a salary range, the minimum you can collect and a maximum, a 25% increase on your minimum.
The reason for this is that, it would be mega annoying to pass an interview process, be offered the job (particularly one involving many phases) then offered a sum either less than what you currently earn, or if unemployed not sufficient to meet even daily needs.
From experience shortlisting applicants:

1) never send a scanned copy of your cv I.e jpeg, jpg etc. ( it still amazes me that graduates do this)

2) check the format of your font, ensure you use one font, when you copy from the internet ensure you change the color, font and size.

3) your employment history should have at least the Company name, duration, job title and if possible brief jd.

4) I doubt the employer needs to know your height, state of origin(except it's a govt job), Lga, age (except otherwise stated).
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2015
raayah:

Lol,.u mean employment with long leg grin
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
femi4:
Stop writing CURRICULUM VITAE on your CV

Tell them,instead it should be once full name written in bold
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by jonadaft: 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
ourleader:
Besides avoid wearing non official cloth to interviwe this make you appear cheat and undisciplined.
2. Have a self worth, don't bow down to anyone! simple use hand shake and a smile on face while greeting anybody from gate of the job to the sit of interviwer!

Avoid too many spelling and grammatical errors grin
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by ademasta(m): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
Noted!
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
I ask myself dis same question evrytime. Is it abt qualification, good CV/cover or relevant work experience? I have some professional training & certificate + HND- Coop. Econs + 6+ years pre- NYSC customer service experience + 9 months post- NYSC customer service/call center experience but i find it difficult 2 secure job invites despite having my CV's written by both national & international CV writers and was review by top recruiters to be excellent, and i wonder what might be d problem.
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by femyomotola(m): 6:33am On Jun 23, 2015
CV or connection, God first.....
raayah:
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2015
femi4:
Your full names should be boldly written. That's the first thing the employer want to see. We already know that you are submitting your CV, writing "CV" boldly on top doesn't make any sense.
Its one of the criteria that disqualify your application
Gratitudes
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2015
Eddyken:
I ask myself dis same question evrytime. Is it abt qualification, good CV/cover or relevant work experience? I have some professional training & certificate + HND- Coop. Econs + 6+ years pre- NYSC customer service experience + 9 months post- NYSC customer service/call center experience but i find it difficult 2 secure job invites despite having my CV's written by both national & international CV writers and was review by top recruiters to be excellent, and i wonder what might be d problem.
Nna ya village ppl strong o! shocked

1 Like

Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by omaji53jeremiah: 9:33am On Jun 23, 2015
good advice.
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by charloski(m): 11:01am On Jun 23, 2015
Sunnypa11:
Na only God go help...all this put put everywhere without connection na zero....Imagine i went for interview and they endup giving a girl with nighty dress the job because she be inner carcus

I feel your pain broda, but still one need to get a good CV or Resume either.
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by tonquendo4u(m): 11:57am On Jun 23, 2015
Roger That...Agent Bauer
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
Neroze:
Nna ya village ppl strong o! shocked
Bro, i tire ooo
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by aamstih: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2015
Your CV might be okay but it may not fit the job specifications at hand, your CV should always be tailored to the job role you are applying for this is in-order to portray yourself as their prospective employee.
You should also not take the forces from your village lightly, above all GRACE is all that matters.
Eddyken:

I ask myself dis same question evrytime. Is it abt
qualification, good CV/cover or relevant work
experience? I have some professional training &
certificate + HND- Coop. Econs + 6+ years pre-
NYSC customer service experience + 9 months
post- NYSC customer service/call center
experience but i find it difficult 2 secure job
invites despite having my CV's written by both
national & international CV writers and was
review by top recruiters to be excellent, and i
wonder what might be d problem.
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
aamstih:
Your CV might be okay but it may not fit the job specifications at hand, your CV should always be tailored to the job role you are applying for this is in-order to portray yourself as their prospective employee.
You should also not take the forces from your village lightly, above all GRACE is all that matters.
Noted!!! Thanks so much
Re: 5 Mistakes To Avoid When Compiling Your CV by barry40: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2015
Tinyemeka:

For all the 3rd rate jobs. undecided

I don't see connections taking you anywhere in a a top-rate job hunt.

You're right

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter / Join Me To Thank God Oooooo. I Have Just Gotten A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.