Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,546 members, 7,827,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Vermin In Fast Food (and Other) Restaurants - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Vermin In Fast Food (and Other) Restaurants (866 Views)

8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / My Experience After Eating In A Fast Food::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / Nigerian Restaurants In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vermin In Fast Food (and Other) Restaurants by Ilelobola: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2009
My sisters recently did some work for a client in Lagos at the Silverbird Mall on the Island that required them working quite late into the night well after the stores had closed. Walking past a fast food restaurant in the mall on their way out, there were apparently rats as huge as cats running up and down the place, on the shelves, tables, chairs and even in the display containing bread that would be sold the next day. The tables/chairs/shelves had been cleaned for the day before the store closed so chances are they would not be cleaned again the next day. And according to them, there were too many for them not to show once in a while during the day or for the staff not to have noticed.

I feel so disgusted because when I go to Lagos, I only eat bread from the store, because I love it. I wonder how many rats have danced on the bread before I put it in my mouth. Ok, it will probably cost them a bit to close down for a day to properly fumigate the place but is the health of their customers not worth it? Even my retiree father fumigates his house! This store’s got branches all over Lagos and Abuja that I am aware of and probably more around the country.

Surely this is not limited to this particular restaurant, it must be the norm in most. Is there a journalist out there that can highlight this issue? Or is there someplace one can write to officially complain? It’s utterly ridiculous!
Re: Vermin In Fast Food (and Other) Restaurants by Hauwa1: 2:38pm On Feb 26, 2009
do you think they really cared how many rattie danced on those food they serve? it is really disgusting to think some pests have rub their mouth on your bread arrrrrghhhh.
the dirty in nigeria is way too much. look at those heap of trash all around. yet pple drop dead and they say it is witches and wizard that caused it.

the buka woman will sweat, cough, sneeze, into the yam she is pounded even put in catarrh/mucous into it. ewwww, anyway those are professional rats undecided
Re: Vermin In Fast Food (and Other) Restaurants by Ilelobola: 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2009
Brings back memories of boarding school when we would cut the barb wired fence to sneak out to buy food and boy did it taste good? An outbreak of cholera in the area at the time did not stop us neither did seeing all the living organisms in the brown coloured stream water that would be used to make the meal. It must mean a lot of us Nigerians are immune to these things and will probably never get any diseases from food contaminated by vermin!

But seriously, I can almost forgive the Iya Ruka’s and co of the bukas but certainly not those that should know better.
Re: Vermin In Fast Food (and Other) Restaurants by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 04, 2009
W

(1) (Reply)

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! / Do You Need Alligator Pepper In Large Quantitty? / Coal Grill Versus Electric/gas Grill: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.