Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Mother In Law Issues - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mother In Law Issues (5073 Views)

Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. / He Was Expecting A Range Rover From His Rich In-law (Photos) / Married Couples: Are You Comfortable With Your Mother-In-Law Living With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother In Law Issues by blesoh(f): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
My first baby was tro CS,my MIL then ask that i shld go stay with her for some time,since my husband was nt steady,i went i saw hell,i ll wakeup bath my baby,wash d clothes and go to d market n cook,it was too much i stayed 2weeks nd came bak.this my second baby it was my husband who even said,i cant go to anywhere so i nurse my baby ds time in my house.talk to ur husband but politely.

3 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Issues by armyofone(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
No Mom in law, you and your husband should do it yourselves.
Re: Mother In Law Issues by Miami11: 3:33am On Jun 25, 2015
Why are some men that have never carried a pregnancy or pushed a baby through there ass cutting this foul mother in law some slack.

The mother in law went there for a specific reason, to help new mother and baby, she is not on vacation for crying out loud, nobody begged her to go there, it is a cultural practice. I am sure if she was at her own daughters house she would be killing herself with work.

I hate when we start treating silly older folks like incumbent babies, Op please ask her politely to help
Why bother go visit this couple. If she cannot help,

Those accusing the Op need to swallow a chill pill smh

Chai, wickedness oo!

2 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Issues by Miami11: 3:38am On Jun 25, 2015
blesoh:
My first baby was tro CS,my MIL then ask that i shld go stay with her for some time,since my husband was nt steady,i went i saw hell,i ll wakeup bath my baby,wash d clothes and go to d market n cook,it was too much i stayed 2weeks nd came bak.this my second baby it was my husband who even said,i cant go to anywhere so i nurse my baby ds time in my house.talk to ur husband but politely.

Damn that is sad, I was glad I lived with my mother in law before I got pregnant, to get to know her better, the kind of treatment I got from her and her daughter, chai, when I got pregnant me and hubby just did it ourselves, we managed it, sorry for that experience
Re: Mother In Law Issues by Ewuro4: 5:20am On Jun 25, 2015
Miami11:
Why are some men that have never carried a pregnancy or pushed a baby through there ass cutting this foul mother in law some slack.
The mother in law went there for a specific reason, to help new mother and baby, she is not on vacation for crying out loud, nobody begged her to go there, it is a cultural practice. I am sure if she was at her own daughters house she would be killing herself with work.
I hate when we start treating silly older folks like incumbent babies, Op please ask her politely to help
Why bother go visit this couple. If she cannot help,
Those accusing the Op need to swallow a chill pill smh
Chai, wickedness oo!

'Smh' you too cool

All of you people should go and hire a maid to care for your wards or use your husbands and stop feeling annoyingly entitiled. Your MILs are doing you a favor and not glorified HOUSEMAIDS.

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Issues by Miami11: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Ewuro4:

'Smh' you too cool

All of you people should go and hire a maid to care for your wards or use your husbands and stop feeling annoyingly entitiled. Your MILs are doing you a favor and not glorified HOUSEMAIDS.
Don't you think mother in law has been helped when sick, or pregnant
so now family should not help the sick, pregnant, and vulnerable people nonsense

1 Like

Re: Mother In Law Issues by blesoh(f): 9:18am On Jun 25, 2015
Miami11:

Damn that is sad, I was glad I lived with my mother in law before I got pregnant, to get to know her better, the kind of treatment I got from her and her daughter, chai, when I got pregnant me and hubby just did it ourselves, we managed it, sorry for that experience
my dear dats hw some of them behave,my sister inlaw who is older than me nt married will wait til i cook in her mother's house.if my baby poo or pee,she will act as if shez seen a ghost wen i clean her up dats wen she ll carry her same with my MIL even till date,my SIL has nevered change my baby diapers,i wonder what she will do wen she get married nd hv kids.anyways she said she will employ a maid incharge of diapers,lol
Re: Mother In Law Issues by helovesme(f): 10:55am On Jun 25, 2015
i have a question oh

in yoruba culture, who is traditionally expected to come around after the birth of a child? the wife's mother or the husband's mother?
Re: Mother In Law Issues by Kimoni: 11:12am On Jun 25, 2015
FOR1234:
. Sis in Yoruba culture, it is d mother in law....how will I ask her to help? Wouldn't dat sound disrespectful?

Pls don't let culture dictate to you. We should learn to defy 'culture' sometimes. Who is culture by the way If you break down, will culture take you to the hospital?? Or pay your medical bills??

If you have a mom who is ready to assist you, by all means let her come immediately before your mil even shows up.

And gently tell your hubby and mil that you just didn't want to stress her this time around, after stressing her a lot when she came to help you with your first baby. #yimu

New wives and mothers - We need to learn how to be tactful sometimes

3 Likes

Re: Mother In Law Issues by Ewuro4: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Miami11:

Don't you think mother in law has been helped when sick, or pregnant
so now family should not help the sick, pregnant, and vulnerable people nonsense

Where in my post did I imply not being helped?

Yall expectation is off the roof. If yall can't handle/tolerate 'her way' then get a maid! Nonsenseee
Re: Mother In Law Issues by 90love(f): 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Very easy op. Since MIL was around for the first baby your mum can come for the 2nd or someone of your choice to take your mums place if its not possible for mum to come. Make sure u tell hubby quickly b4 he informs his mum to start coming.

i had a similar situation after my wedding my husbands whole family and MIL packed into my house for 2 weeks i didnt even have wer to sleep. App in yoruba culture its what they do that they have to look after the wife.. unfortunately i was the one cooking for them each morning unless one felt to cook somethin different, cleaning and washing unless one chose to help out here or there. They controlled all electronics thts tv and laptop so i was left without Any form of entertainment. To add to it the 2 sisters one young one older 21 and 30 are very rude and ill mannered the old one even shouted at me when i said i cant drive her somewer because of the distance. 1 MIL and 6 sisters!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Give Me Another Chance To Live Again / My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(photos) Cont. / Meet The Eldest Son Of Pastor E.A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.