Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,837 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. (46546 Views)

Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Nigerian Mother Of Twins Welcomes Quadruplets, Shares Beautiful Family Photos / Wedding Of 42-Year-Old Folasade Dairo, A Nigerian Mother Of 4 In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Talk2Bella(f): 6:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
No matter how much a man might like or loves you, if his mother says NO! My sister better have a rethink of that relationship. Men do not joke with their mothers, a mother might tell her daughter she doesn’t want her to marry a particular guy; her daughter would protest and try to convince her mother how much she loves that guy, very few Nigerian girls actually listen to their mothers when told not to marry a certain guy.

So it’s finally time to meet the future mother in law, you’re thinking of ways to make her like you, make her accept you, make her see you as the good girl you are or are not; this is probably one of the hardest and most scariest times of a woman’s life it is a must his mother should like and accept you even if his father does accept you and the mother doesn’t you’re still on a long thing.

Are you a slay queen? Skimpy dresser, twerker, poster of rubbish, online fighter, heavy make-up applier, the first thing you should notice when you go visit your future mother in law is the type of phone she uses, Nigerian women are natural detectives, it’s in our blood there’s no denying that, immediately you notice this hurriedly log onto your social media accounts and start deleting, deletes those raunchy videos, stupid posts, sexy pictures, her son might like it but definitely not a Nigerian mother in law.

Do not ever let her serve you food! I repeat never ever let her cook and serve you a meal when you visit for the first time, a Nigerian mother in law would test you with everything and nothing pleases them more than knowing you’re hardworking and would never turn their sons into slaves; when she asks you what would you like to eat say in this exact manner “Mama tell me what you would love to eat let me cook and serve you” she might protest and call you a visitor but please do not be deceived follow her to the kitchen and assist and while you’re there do not stand like a robot, chat her up make her smile and ASSIST!

Show her you are a prayer warrior, if she sneezes say “Bless You Ma” if she complains of backache say “The Lord Will Heal You Soon” before you eat a meal in her house offer a prayer, anything you say infuse and quote bible verses, you can never go wrong with these.

Mothers love to be pampered, on the D-day your future husband has deemed you worthy to meet his mother do not go empty handed, go with a gift be it small or mighty go with one. Do not dress scantily or shabbily to go visit her, do not apply heavy make-up, do not make crazy hairstyles even if your man likes you that way, you aren’t trying to please him it’s his mother who might have the final say especially if he is a mummy’s boy.

Learn his language if you’re from different tribes, nothing pleases a mother more than conversing with a stranger in her own language, don’t go there and be forming Oyibo, even white women have learnt to please our men by cooking our local meals and learning our languages if they can do these my sister who you be? Based on logistics.

Are you a Muslim woman? Do you observe your 5 daily prayers? Do you wear your Hijab often? Do you go to the mosque? If the answers to these are NO NO NO And NO! carry your prayer mat along when going to visit her, show her you’re devoted Muslim .

Sometimes I look at my Mother and I say haa dear baby Jesus I don’t want my mother as a future mother in law biko, why? Because my brother is her only son and any girl he brings must have a comma, she’s too short na Ikechukwu, hian but why’s she so tall Nnam? Oh she’s a tailor, so you didn’t see a graduate abi? bia Nwokem when will you bring the right woman, I look at her and say but you chased them all away na, when they sleep over its war, she monitors when you wake up, how you do chores, how many worship and praise songs you can sing during morning devotion and if you dance worldly during church service lol, but when she likes you even my brother can’t chase you away.

Sometimes it takes very little for a Nigerian mother to love you, most times it takes a whole lot, it’s always under the guise of “I am doing what’s best for my son” funny thing is when we become mothers we exhibit these traits without even knowing, but do you know what conquers all these? Love, unconditional love, I have met girls who have prayed for their future mother in laws to be dead before her son comes to marry her, some women go into marriages ready to battle their future mother in laws, but this is all wrong, Nigerian movies has even made it worse with the portrayal of mother in laws and how selfish, mean and diabolical they can be.

The way you treat your mother should be the way you treat every elderly person, the moment her son marries you; you are automatically her child and you should accord her all respect you would your real mother because one day reverse would be the case and Karma doesn’t forget, do all the things you did when you met her, some mothers honestly can push you to the wall but always chant this Mantra “WHAT IF SHE IS MY MOTHER”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFMFL3MRXw0

Isabella Ibeji

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by youngbabaj(m): 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2017
still single shaaa

1 Like

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by ediama(m): 6:14pm On Apr 15, 2017

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2017
Just be yourself. I don't believe in trying to fake things, some mothers in-law are too tough to please.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by debchi(f): 6:34pm On Apr 15, 2017
hello nigeria, there is a lot going on here in nigeria, that is going to bring you financial freedom grin and not only that but will teach you on how to creat wealth with your social media at hand. Do not worry is not HYIP, MLM, FOREX, binary options, and cryptocurrencies. contact me via my email deb122015@gmail.com and phone num 0905263450. I LL DISCLOSE THE SECRET HERE, IF YOU ARE SEROIUS GIVE ME A CALL OR A CHAT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Young03(m): 6:39pm On Apr 15, 2017
I de mad?, me go read all these things now

well to ur topic, just be a good daughter in law

7 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Talk2Bella(f): 6:46pm On Apr 15, 2017
kimbra:
Just be yourself. I don't believe in trying to fake things, some mothers in-law are too tough to please.

no be lie jare

24 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by dingbang(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2017
What's Bella saying again... Its good for a man to respect his mother but its cowardice for him to dump his love because of his mother's insecurities... I have said my own..

44 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by ifyan(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2017
Mother De make say pikin no cry for help or pikin no disturb am when mama go youse go rest.

Lov mothers
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 15, 2017

So, for how long should she keep up the charade? undecided

13 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Talk2Bella(f): 7:13pm On Apr 15, 2017
dingbang:
What's Bella saying again... Its good for a man to respect his mother but its cowardice for him to dump his love because of his mother's insecurities... I have said my own..

doesn't it happen? that a man who's come far with a woman will end up not marrying her because his mother said so?

6 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by dingbang(m): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2017
Talk2Bella:

doesn't it happen? that a man who's come far with a woman will end up not marrying her because his mother said so?
I said its cowardice... I never said it don't happen..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Talk2Bella(f): 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2017
dingbang:
I said its cowardice... I never said it don't happen..

and sometimes it can be what an elder sees sitting down a child can't see standing up lool

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by firstking01(m): 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2017
Didn't read all that.
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by dingbang(m): 8:05pm On Apr 15, 2017
Talk2Bella:

and sometimes it can be what an elder sees sitting down a child can't see standing up lool
sometimes parents should allow their kids make their own mistakes. He is a man and he ought to choose a woman for himself.. If he chooses a bad wife . he learns from it..

24 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Udehtitus(m): 11:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
TBC and BTC for sale at affordable prices.
Whatsapl or call 09035025024- Titus.
Tested and trusted.
#cryptos!!
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
Treat her like you will treat your mum even when she is not making life easy for you.
I just hate mummy-guys

10 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2017
HateU2:
Treat her like you will treat your mum even when she is not making life easy for you.
I just hate mummy-guys
have you ever been married?

4 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 18, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
have you ever been married?
You are outdated sugar pie, I'm married undecided

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2017
Bella thanks for posting this ...I haven't read thoroughly tho ..but will comment and give a little of my own experience ... But later on today
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2017
HateU2:
You are outdated sugar pie, I'm married undecided
congratulations
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
congratulations
Thanks love smiley
Hope yours will come soon
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2017
HateU2:
Thanks love smiley
Hope yours will come soon
Not anytime soon. Got long queue to screen and chose from
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 18, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Not anytime soon. Got long queue to screen and chose from
good luck before you get old tongue

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2017
HateU2:
good luck before you get old tongue
me that I'm sweet 16 tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
me that I'm sweet 16 tongue tongue
Hian! You need to check the mirror cheesy. Somebody is deceiving you
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2017
HateU2:
Hian! You need to check the mirror cheesy. Somebody is deceiving you
See you o. I'm still a teenager o. No go spoil Market for me from my sugar mummies cheesy cheesy
Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
See you o. I'm still a teenager o. No go spoil Market for me from my sugar mummies cheesy cheesy
I will continue praying for you dear cry cry cry. Dont come here and apply for ladies o cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Ways To Please A Nigerian Mother In Law. by mikeycharles(m): 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2017
Love your mother in law like your own mother

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Week After We Got Married. / When A Wife Returns After Separation / My Wedding Was Stopped 6 Weeks To The D-Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.