Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,709 members, 7,831,215 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

How To Make A Website You Design Expire After One Year? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Make A Website You Design Expire After One Year? (722 Views)

Can You Design This Simple Reservation Form? / A One Year Blogging Plan That Works / Most Nigerian Website Owners Allow Their Domains To Expire: Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1)

How To Make A Website You Design Expire After One Year? by josyisback(m): 3:22pm On Feb 26, 2009
asa some time off posting,i came back with a good thinking, is there anyway possible where by after designing a site,an end code is being written that triggers the expiration of a website after a year,by doing this i mean,i would disorganise the css style of the site,prevent logging to the database etc, this would make a webmaster to be indespendable, At least after some complains i heard from webmasters saying that clients do hand-over the site the do to someone else to maintain after development and streess to avoid maintainance fees,this could help them out u know?
Re: How To Make A Website You Design Expire After One Year? by yawatide(f): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2009
Why bother? So what if they don't pay you for maintenance? Is that good enough reason to hold them at ransom? Let's flip the coin for a sec - what if you got handed such a site from someone else. Would you like it?

Let sleeping dogs lie. If you don't win the maintenance contract, no get bad belle. Simply move on to the next project.
Re: How To Make A Website You Design Expire After One Year? by Seun(m): 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2009
True talk. This topic has been locked by Seun Osewa.

(1)

Review My Site (probably Better Than Anything You Have Ever Developed) / N a i r a host Suitable For Hosting Or Not / I'm New In The World Of Creating Sites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.